PDA

View Full Version : 93 Mazda Miata - zoom zoom

thomas
09-06-2005, 08:44 PM
sup fellas,
my buddy and his wife juss p/u a miata the other day. built in '92, for sale in '93. red drop-top w/ hardtop included. 1.6L 5spd/52,000 miles. original everything. no leaks or any body damage. faded (bad) front bumper, but the paint is very clean. looks great and they only paid $1000!!!!

*i guess i should add that the deal was b/c it was the wifeys aunt who sold it to them*

so my buddy, tai, takes me out for a lil' cruise up in truckee. very fun car. he takes me to this open parking lot and starts to do some do-nuts. woohoo. this is awesome. he straightens out and we go up and down some more twisties.

he hops out and says, here jump in. i was like alright. first time driving a miata...oh yea. anyway, he goes...wanna spin some do-nuts. i was like...uh, sure :D

back to the same lot and here i am, never spun a do-nut in my life, side showing for all the old folk up in truckee. awww yeaaa! so much fun. mustve nutted my shorts for sure!!! woohoo. yea, this experience has def changed my opinion of this lil car.

never really was into the miata but now im excited that one of my friends has one and is looking to make it a track star. should be fun to follow its progess and development. hell def be coming to an event with us next year. sitting in the garage, applying the last coat of wax, juss thinking of the endless possiblities of upgrades for this thing.

what a great platform for fun.

thx for reading 8)

smack
09-06-2005, 08:53 PM
definitely nice to have a dedicated track car.
great deal too!

hell you can sell the hardtop for what you paid for the whole car.

hellz Evo
09-06-2005, 09:14 PM
Congratulations, you should come down and drive my friends miata we set up for track. Good luck with the project.

Cameron@xperformance
09-06-2005, 09:30 PM
$1000! thats a deal. if he needs some money, all the spec miata guys are always looking for a hardtop

thomas
09-07-2005, 11:21 AM
thx guys, ill ask him if he wants to keep the hardtop. im thinking he does, cause hes up in truckee and the winter is coming close.

anybody know anything about intake modification for this car. we were looking at the engine and decided that the air intake/MAF is in one fucked up place?

where is the engine supposed to get air from. the side of the driver fender? haha. oh shit.

we were thinking something of the sort like in the S2K, where the "cold" air comes thru an isolated snorkle and over the intake then into the MAF?

not sure tho. hes on a budget.

r6bruin
09-13-2005, 10:09 PM
Dude, I sold my Miata hard top couple months ago for more than $1100! So basically your friend is getting the car for free! If he ever gets tired and wanna sell the car, I wouldn't mind paying what he paid and pick up the car from him...

r6bruin
09-13-2005, 10:13 PM
never really was into the miata but now im excited that one of my friends has one and is looking to make it a track star. should be fun to follow its progess and development. hell def be coming to an event with us next year. sitting in the garage, applying the last coat of wax, juss thinking of the endless possiblities of upgrades for this thing.

Btw if he need to order parts, go to Rosenthal Mazda http://www.finishlineperformance.com/index.html, if he mention that he is from miata.net, he can get as much as 50% off compare to local Mazda dealers.

thomas
09-14-2005, 12:46 AM
^^^ thx for the heads up.

r6bruin
09-14-2005, 01:26 PM
anybody know anything about intake modification for this car. we were looking at the engine and decided that the air intake/MAF is in one fucked up place?

where is the engine supposed to get air from. the side of the driver fender? haha. oh shit.

Even tho I personally wouldn't prefer that as water might run into the duct, here's a couple links that might interest you:

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=150180
http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=149556

You can also check out http://www.miata.net . The ppl there are very helpful and http://www.miata.net/garage/ contains many DIY instructions as well.

Have fun!

dohcvtec
09-14-2005, 07:12 PM
Dude, I sold my Miata hard top couple months ago for more than $1100! So basically your friend is getting the car for free! If he ever gets tired and wanna sell the car, I wouldn't mind paying what he paid and pick up the car from him...
For real. Thomas, he could sell the hard top and cover the cost of the car! Thats nuts. And yes, the little buggers are fun to drive, they just have no power :( . You should build one for spec miata like Patrick is doing. That is one aggresive racing group. :)

thomas
09-15-2005, 04:41 PM
yea but he lives up in truckee and winters about to roll in. im thinking he whats to keep it :)

still cant believe he got such a freaking deal on that thing! i told him hes a lucky mothafuckin' bastard.

he laughed at me...

:lol:

dohcvtec, its tempting to pick one up. but my heart still belongs to natalia, my evo :beaming:

LOL :D