PDA

View Full Version : LOWERING HEIGHT FOR COILOVERS

hphan
09-08-2005, 03:41 PM
I'm putting my Tanabe Sustec-Pro coilovers on this weekend. Just wondering what a good height is for lowering the fronts and back. My preference is approximately an inch gap from wheel to fender.

I noticed the back is already way lower than the front.

Are the stock camber adjustments on the car enough to keep my tire from uneven wear once I lower it? - Yes I will get it aligned.

Anyone know if I need a spring compressor to install coilovers?

EVO GRIM
09-08-2005, 06:00 PM
You dont need a compressor for coilovers, only to change springs on stock struts. I lowered my car about 3/4 to 1" all around. Yes the front has a bigger gap for the rake of the car. If you mess w/ that you will mess with performance. I went too low on my fist time and its to much of a pain to drive around town with.

MitsuMan
09-08-2005, 06:03 PM
that will not be too much of a drop too align w/ the factory adjustments
you'll be fine

hphan
09-09-2005, 09:27 AM
When you put on the coilovers do you have to re-use the stock mount on the stockers?

Unowned
09-09-2005, 09:54 AM
You dont need a compressor for coilovers, only to change springs on stock struts. I lowered my car about 3/4 to 1" all around. Yes the front has a bigger gap for the rake of the car. If you mess w/ that you will mess with performance. I went too low on my fist time and its to much of a pain to drive around town with.

Shock Travel > *

:D