PDA

View Full Version : NorCalEvo Meet #4 - March 27th

JanSolo
02-29-2004, 10:07 PM
Mark your calendars - it's time for another infamous NorCalEvo.net Monthly Meet.

When: March 27th
Where: TBA
The Drive: Researching ;) (We've found a really cool place to drive, but this time, we are hoping for less bicyclists. It will be much easier to find this time as well.)
Raffled products: The reason to show up - a chance to win lots of cool stuff just for driving an Evo and hanging out with your fellow enthusiasts.
- Once again, WORKS RALLY has donated a free reflash to NorCalEvo.net. This time, in the form of the P1 Brain Flash. Everything the P2 offers, but without the amazing boost control, though you can always upgrade to the famously boost controlling P2 for a mere 99$.
- Various Evo related items. You'll see. 8)

---

There is a little change in the way we are doing the raffle (thanks to Tam for thinking of this one and SouthernCrane for getting our gears turning on this). We are going to try this one time and see how well it goes.

This is how the raffle is going to work in March: The first raffle ticket you get is free. Every other ticket afterwards is $1 that will be used as a donation to NorCalEvo.net. Obviously, the more raffle tickets you buy, the better chance you have of winning something cool.

Please note: We will use all monetary donations to pay for future parts and goods to be raffled. None of the raffle donation money is going to the site for hosting or goods - it is only going towards items to raffle off.

---

Stay tuned! More information on locations, the drive, raffled items and a map coming soon.

nebolic
02-29-2004, 10:15 PM
nice, that week i have off work, so i'll be cruising in the bay area.

still feel poops right now about my car, hope it gets fixed ASAP.

SouthernCrane
02-29-2004, 10:53 PM
Can't wait!!!! :D

GReddy_917
02-29-2004, 11:05 PM
I'm so there....again.

Dogtown
02-29-2004, 11:11 PM
Kickass I hope I can go unfortunately I might be gone at a school I'll just have to see on tuesday.

wilson1
02-29-2004, 11:21 PM
That sounds good!

Humm., guess i have to buy a few of those tickets!

SilverBullet
02-29-2004, 11:49 PM
Good Good News ! I'm there... Count me in :!:

chris
03-01-2004, 02:50 AM
p1. its gonna be me winning! =X i wanna win win win a p1 =D

warpspeed
03-01-2004, 10:19 AM
Here we go again. I'm down wit it.

nebolic
03-01-2004, 10:27 AM
okie for the sac town peeps and fairfield and vallejo/ tracy/ stockton. if you guys are interested in the convoy, i will set one up again so we can cruise together.

if anyone opposes to that just post up on here, if i dont see any posts i'm assuming everyone is still down for the big group convoys.

Nebo

BUDLoNG
03-01-2004, 11:02 AM
hopefully i can make this one..
BUDLoNG

BluEvo
03-01-2004, 12:50 PM
Yeah, yeah! I'm down! I'm out to win that P1 also! :wink:

warpspeed
03-01-2004, 01:39 PM
okie for the sac town peeps and fairfield and vallejo/ tracy/ stockton. if you guys are interested in the convoy, i will set one up again so we can cruise together.

if anyone opposes to that just post up on here, if i dont see any posts i'm assuming everyone is still down for the big group convoys.

Nebo
I down wit it again. Oh nebo, what's up with that damn guys in the VW going back home? kept giving us the thumbs down. almost went after him. good thing I went to therapy about my temper :lol:

nebolic
03-01-2004, 01:42 PM
he was playing around with me on the freeway, cuz intially he tailed ytsejam really close so i said "fu(k it" time to play, he sped up i sped up, went by him a couple of times, i think i embarrased him a little, all in all he started the fight heh.

p.s i was in fifth gear the whole time didnt need to down shift, he obviosuly downshifted a few times. ahhh the power of the Evo.

carbonevo8
03-01-2004, 05:01 PM
what up guys ill be there again and im down for another convoy up from sacramento we had a good turn out last time

thomas
03-01-2004, 05:33 PM
im in if i dont have to work. that cruise with evos was bada$$...

CollinsT
03-01-2004, 07:13 PM
Of course I will be there and hopefulyl my friends can come too, on had a evo and the other has a RSX type S. I will mark the calandar.

Oh about that guy in the V-DUB he gave me a thumbs up when he went by me. But he had nothing on us I think he jsut wanted to cruise with the "Cool Cats".

About the P1 If I win I win if not oh well. Gonna get my exhaust soon.

Oh I love the pics that I got of the convoy to Hayward, and I love cruising like that. Bring the radios again they where "Key"

JanSolo
03-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Please accept my apologies for not stating this clearly, guys. If you decide you want a Works P2 instead of the P1, all you have to do is pay the difference - which is roughly 99$. Paying 99$ for a P2 is way better than having to pay full price for it, in my opinion.

And I think the people who received the P2 can attest to it's power (such as yours truly and the winner from the February meet, Mr JBigelow).

Just like last time, you will have to fill out a little form answering a few questions. If you get writers cramp doing this, let me know so I can call you a wuss as I write it up for you. :)

Just so you know, Works will be discounting their entire lineup of products at the meet. So if you are interested in a new shift knob for instance, their Grab is going be 10% off.

GReddy_917
03-01-2004, 11:07 PM
Jan is there any limit to how many tix we can buy? ;)

evo_dadi
03-01-2004, 11:18 PM
no limits for the tix man,all the money goes to the norcal funds anyways so we all win.

brwnrice
03-01-2004, 11:28 PM
han i'm a wuss can you write my info for me next time

Just like last time, you will have to fill out a little form answering a few questions. If you get writers cramp doing this, let me know so I can call you a wuss as I write it up for you. :)

han i'm a wuss can you write my info for me next time

wilson1
03-01-2004, 11:32 PM
Jan is there any limit to how many tix we can buy? ;)

anything over 100 tickets is a must! :lol:

JanSolo
03-01-2004, 11:50 PM
no limits for the tix man,all the money goes to the norcal funds anyways so we all win.

Which in turn, goes back to you guys when we buy products to raffle off for the next meet.

GReddy_917
03-02-2004, 01:18 PM

Which in turn, goes back to you guys when we buy products to raffle off for the next meet.

Swweeeet :D

dan avoN7
03-03-2004, 08:48 PM
I'm down for the drive if you guys don't mind me tagging along :) I was the guy with the black wrx on the drive last meet.

cagefreak
03-06-2004, 08:32 AM
I'm down for the drive if you guys don't mind me tagging along :) I was the guy with the black wrx on the drive last meet.

They don't mind. Shoot, I was at the first meet and I didn't even drive.

Oh yeah, sorry about the BBQ meet guys but that damn D1 was just sooooooo calling me. I couldn't help it. I needed to see an FD drifting at 80 miles an hour. Made me get all ballsy afterwards.

Anyway, I would so like to tag-a-long for this meet.

Peter: I don't think I'll be needing a ride this time *wink* *wink* hehehe

GReddy_917
03-06-2004, 08:51 AM

hehe...you got a new toy I'm assuming? :driving:

cagefreak
03-06-2004, 09:01 AM

hehe...you got a new toy I'm assuming? :driving:

SHHHHHHHHHHH lmao

OH DUDE, this goes out to everyone S.O.S. DISTRESS CALL

does anyone have a SMOG hook up? I'm in dyer need of one please.

SilverBullet
03-06-2004, 09:43 AM
[b] :idea: umm... there is a guy i know for ur smog but hes up here in sac

cagefreak
03-07-2004, 06:19 PM
[b] :idea: umm... there is a guy i know for ur smog but hes up here in sac

Just tell me that it's a guaranteed thing, whether or not i actually have to have the car there, and most importantly. How much!?!?!?!

wilson1
03-09-2004, 12:08 AM
Has the drive been finalized yet?

JanSolo
03-09-2004, 12:16 AM
The drive has not been finalized, but I am pretty sure I know where we are going to meet. This will be a good one too. Actually the next 2 or 3 meets are going to really kick ass.

BluEvo
03-09-2004, 02:14 PM
Actually the next 2 or 3 meets are going to really kick ass.
:peace:

JanSolo
03-09-2004, 02:50 PM
I think we should have a contest: I want to round up as many 2F2F posters and see who can do the most damage to them. We basically put a poster underneath one of your tires and you try to destroy it.

BluEvo
03-09-2004, 03:28 PM
I think we should have a contest: I want to round up as many 2F2F posters and see who can do the most damage to them. We basically put a poster underneath one of your tires and you try to destroy it.
Or you can shoot a fireball at it with your exhaust..... :lol:

vtluu
03-09-2004, 03:34 PM
Not sure I would want to risk damage to my car (doing a burn-out or something like that) to do that... What you should do is lay the poster on the ground and give us 100 yards or so to take a run at it, and then stomp the brakes with one of the tires on the poster (takes skill!) and see the Evo's EBD at work. :lol:

TheJANG
03-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Lol... they tried to stuff 3 of those damn posters down my shirt ("Come on!!! Give some to your friends!") at Steven's Creek and I had to run away. What do I look like, a walking recycle bin?

evo_dadi
03-09-2004, 07:35 PM
Or you can shoot a fireball at it with your exhaust..... :lol:

fireball sounds good!!

CollinsT
03-09-2004, 08:55 PM
Damn does everyone hate 2F2F?

vtluu
03-09-2004, 09:20 PM
I actually haven't seen it so I can't in all fairness hate it--yet. Regardless, it can't be worse than, say, Highlander II (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102034/) or Piranha II: The Spawning (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082910/) (James Cameron's directorial debut, and the best flying piranha movie ever made)--both of which I've had the misfortune of seeing. So I think I could sit through the movie without blowing my brains out. :lol:

JanSolo
03-09-2004, 10:11 PM
THEY WERE ALIENS.

That explained it all for me.

SouthernCrane
03-09-2004, 10:14 PM
I actually haven't seen it so I can't in all fairness hate it--yet. Regardless, it can't be worse than, say, Highlander II (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102034/) or Piranha II: The Spawning (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082910/) (James Cameron's directorial debut, and the best flying piranha movie ever made)--both of which I've had the misfortune of seeing. So I think I could sit through the movie without blowing my brains out. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

WRXTodd
03-11-2004, 02:36 AM
sorry guys im new, where exactly is TBA?

brwnrice
03-11-2004, 07:17 AM
to be announced

VadersSTi
03-11-2004, 12:07 PM
Yes, count me guys! I want to go hang out with some other AWD junkies. I look forward to it. :)

GReddy_917
03-11-2004, 11:01 PM
Comon Jan...the suspense is killing me.... :axe:

JanSolo
03-11-2004, 11:17 PM
I am hoping to have a good answer for you guys on Monday.

Basically, I have two plans right now - if I don't go with one, I will go with the other. Both of them are really good - just trying to see which one works out first.

Mr David Buschur has been nice enough to donate some things to the raffle as well. So let us give praise and thanks David Buschur for being so generous. :)

This month has been pretty tough for finding a place to have the meet actually. The first shop I had in mind had to bail out and then the other shop couldn't do it because a car show they have to attend. So now I am working with a third. If this works out, we are going to have one sweet monthly meet.

Anyways, I will share the info as I get it. :) For now, let us give praise and thanks to David Buschur for his generous and giving ways!

vtluu
03-11-2004, 11:28 PM
Thanks David, you rock! :guitar:

It's too bad I'll be away on the 27th-28th (http://www.americanauto-x.com/schedule/2004rungroup.asp?id=33)... Can I still buy a block of raffle tickets? ;)

CollinsT
03-12-2004, 02:35 AM
that is tight, I always liked the buschur line of stuff, th more the better

BluEvo
03-12-2004, 07:16 PM
Thanks David! We appreciate the donations for the raffle. That would be siiiick to win some Buschur Racing stuff!

wilson1
03-12-2004, 07:50 PM
Thanks David for the donation!

Hope it is the BR 475 turbokit!

jstockdale
03-15-2004, 07:07 PM
Aiight well I managed to work it out so I can be at the meet (I'm flying back from spring break in time to pick up my car and get to the meet :))

Can't wait for this one.

Jan: Hope you've found a cool drive for us to hit up :)

-S ...

JanSolo
03-15-2004, 07:41 PM
We will know as of tomorrow 99% of the details of the meet. Just waiting for that all important phone call..

BluEvo
03-15-2004, 08:35 PM
We will know as of tomorrow 99% of the details of the meet. Just waiting for that all important phone call..
The "Bat-Phone"!

Holly Evo! JanMan!

:D

SouthernCrane
03-15-2004, 08:43 PM
Mr David Buschur has been nice enough to donate some things to the raffle as well. So let us give praise and thanks David Buschur for being so generous. :)

Thanks Dave :D

AlwayzEVOlving
03-15-2004, 09:26 PM
:drool: Thanks for the donations David! I would love to win some BR parts!

DB8GSR
03-16-2004, 10:11 AM
Where is this going to be held at. Have you guys thought of a meet down Treasure Island in SF? They have a bbq grille and plenty of parking. It's overlooking the bay and the bay bridge. Any thoughts on that Jan?

Here's an example!!
http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/SF-International-Auto-Show/itr_meet2.sized.jpg

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/SF-International-Auto-Show/itr_meet1.jpg

vtluu
03-16-2004, 10:36 AM
Where is this going to be held at. Have you guys thought of a meet down Treasure Island in SF? They have a bbq grille and plenty of parking. It's overlooking the bay and the bay bridge. Any thoughts on that Jan?
That's a great idea! That top photo is gorgeous... all it's missing is 20-30 Evos. 8)

SouthernCrane
03-16-2004, 11:10 AM

That would be be pretty awesome. 8) I could visit some co-workers who live there too.

Do you have to reserve the grilles with the city like other parks?

BluEvo
03-16-2004, 11:33 AM
niiice! 8)

uhoh_evo
03-16-2004, 11:38 AM
that's where my cousin went with his MY350Z group. pictures came out real nice

jbigelow
03-16-2004, 11:40 AM
treasure island would be sick!!!!!!!!! :D

uhoh_evo
03-16-2004, 11:41 AM
Thanks David! We appreciate the donations for the raffle. That would be siiiick to win some Buschur Racing stuff!

yea, we appreciate it. you guys have been on the top of my list for a while, but i'm just so broke. :lol:

559EVO
03-16-2004, 02:01 PM
What time will the meet start/end?

559EVO
03-16-2004, 02:01 PM
Did you guy's invite i-club again?

GReddy_917
03-16-2004, 02:13 PM
Did you guy's invite i-club again?

If the Meet is in the place where I think it will be....inviting the i-club would be a party foul.

thomas
03-16-2004, 10:37 PM
aaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

JAN, where is the meet going to be? even though i cant go, i still wanna kno where its gonna be...

i hate suspense :shock:

jbigelow
03-16-2004, 10:45 PM
aaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

JAN, where is the meet going to be? even though i cant go, i still wanna kno where its gonna be...

WHAT!!!!!!!! http://www.angelfire.com/super/typesdragoon/Smileys/slap.gif

you can't go? what's up with that bro?

-jbigs

JanSolo
03-16-2004, 11:00 PM
aaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Let's just say the phone call did not go as planned. :( I was hoping to hear good news, but all I heard was bad news.

I will break this down for you guys so you can understand what has been happening.

I have tried multiple shops for our meet.

1. One was booked the entire month (just this month only, though damnit - bad timing).
2. The other was closed every weekend due to out of town tuning trips.
3. Another shop is getting ready for International Auto Salon on the weekend of our meet.
4. Another shop said our group was too large. (I think this is good personally.)
5. And then the final place I wanted to have it said they not handle this many Evos. Some people like it big, others can't handle it..

So, what does this mean? Well, right now I am in the process of scoping out one final place. If that doesn't work out the way I want it to, then we are going to shoot for the second week of next month.

If we go for next month, the meet will be amazing - I have many, many planned for the meet mid next month. We will have a lot of prizes and the place we would be going to could easily handle all of our cars. Plus we would hopefully have a DJ spinning (not me, cuz I was never a good DJ, but a friend of mine), a BBQ, Gran Turismo 4 Prologue (friend of mine gave me a copy!) and contests and prizes.

If we met this month at the final place we are looking at, we would have a raffle, possibly a BBQ and.. well that is about it. I personally vote for waiting till the middle of next month, but others may disagree and I would completely understand if any of you did. Just having an excuse to hang out and get a free P1 is good enough for a lot of people. ;)

And yes, I do not forsee an issue like this happening again for a long, long time. And yes, we are not going to just to do the shop visit thang. I am going to mix it up at a variety of places so we don't get bored.

So, your input on this is highly valued.

thomas
03-16-2004, 11:13 PM
aaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

WHAT!!!!!!!! http://www.angelfire.com/super/typesdragoon/Smileys/slap.gif

you can't go? what's up with that bro?

-jbigs

yea, i got work the next two weekends so i wont be able to make it if it does follow through.

but JAN, good sh!t mang. good looking out and trying to find a place to host all of us evo owners in norcal. we are expanding, thats the truth, and for a shop to turn us down because of ours numbers can only be a good thing. i say do what you think is rite, cause youve put alot of time into this. if you think its gonna be better the second week of next month, than lets do that. this way itll be much bigger and better than our previous ones and having it "skip" this month will only make us, evo owners, want to come out to the next big one. y'kno what im sayin' :buds:

youve put alot of hardwork into this. dont stress yourself out over this one evo meet. youve done pretty good the last couple of times, gb motorsports and thunderhill, and, either way, i look forward to the next meet with you and my fellow evo enthusiats! :werd:

piece.

jbigelow
03-16-2004, 11:42 PM
So, what does this mean? Well, right now I am in the process of scoping out one final place. If that doesn't work out the way I want it to, then we are going to shoot for the second week of next month.

If we go for next month, the meet will be amazing - I have many, many planned for the meet mid next month. We will have a lot of prizes and the place we would be going to could easily handle all of our cars. Plus we would hopefully have a DJ spinning (not me, cuz I was never a good DJ, but a friend of mine), a BBQ, Gran Turismo 4 Prologue (friend of mine gave me a copy!) and contests and prizes.

If we met this month at the final place we are looking at, we would have a raffle, possibly a BBQ and.. well that is about it. I personally vote for waiting till the middle of next month, but others may disagree and I would completely understand if any of you did. Just having an excuse to hang out and get a free P1 is good enough for a lot of people. ;)

And yes, I do not forsee an issue like this happening again for a long, long time. And yes, we are not going to just to do the shop visit thang. I am going to mix it up at a variety of places so we don't get bored.

So, your input on this is highly valued.

hey jan,

i am off the saturdays of april. the second sunday ,april 11, is easter sunday. so i guess you were thinking april, 10?

well, us know so we can mark our calendars.

-john

JanSolo
03-16-2004, 11:44 PM
Well yeah I was thinking April 10th, but I wanted to hear what you guys had to say about this whole situation.

Would you prefer the 10th of April OR having one on the 27th of this month still? There is going to be a difference in the content of the meets.. so choose wisely!

jstockdale
03-17-2004, 12:06 AM
Well ... I'd really prefer to still have a meet on the 27th, then have another on the 10th of April. That way I'm not coming back from spring break 3 days early for no good reason :)

I also talked to WORKS and my auto body shop to make sure that my car would be back by the 27th (ie. I really want to have this meet :))

Considering enough people are planning to come down for the 27th (Sac town ppl. me. others) why don't we just have the meet and run it pretty large, but then save a lot of the raffle gear and the DJ, et al, for a April 10th meet.

I mean in all fairness ... it won't hurt to have 2 meets 2-3 weeks apart ... might be pretty damn fun :)

Just my $.02

-S ...

CollinsT
03-17-2004, 12:20 AM
No way I dont want to skip the 27th........I allready requested it off.

vtluu
03-17-2004, 12:27 AM
Hmm, I can't make it 3/27 or 4/10, so I guess it doesn't make much of a difference to me. Ah well. 8)

JanSolo
03-17-2004, 12:30 AM
If we have the meet on the 27th of this month, then the next meet will not be until April 24th. The 10th is our fallback meet date.

Airgiod
03-17-2004, 12:30 AM
yeah i think the 10th of aprils sounds great!

WRXTodd
03-17-2004, 01:43 AM
Hot Import Nights is gonna be on the 24th.... so that meet might be a little small

BluEvo
03-17-2004, 01:43 AM
Jan, i guess we need a poll to see what everyone votes on. i'm down for the 27th also, but wouldn't mind seeing more action and fun on the 10th of April either. shit i guess i'm down for whatever then....haha!

i've even got a couple of turn tables and a mixer. i used to spin back in the day. my record stash isn't really updated tho, cause i haven't been buying any lately. we'll need to rent an amp and some speakers and we can call it a meet! :wink:

evo_dadi
03-17-2004, 07:05 AM
Jan, i guess we need a poll to see what everyone votes on. i'm down for the 27th also, but wouldn't mind seeing more action and fun on the 10th of April either. shit i guess i'm down for whatever then....haha!

i've even got a couple of turn tables and a mixer. i used to spin back in the day. my record stash isn't really updated tho, cause i haven't been buying any lately. we'll need to rent an amp and some speakers and we can call it a meet! :wink:

do it man woot woot :buds: :buds:

GReddy_917
03-17-2004, 07:40 AM
I am for the big meet on the 10th. Heck, I would like to win that P1 just as bad as anyone...but it seems that this meet was doomed from the start. Also, it would give Jan more time to plan. (hey that rhymed lol) He is trying really hard to set up kick-ass meets for us and Im sure he could use the extra time for careful planning.

chris
03-17-2004, 08:32 AM
No way I dont want to skip the 27th........I allready requested it off.

same with me =X

DB8GSR
03-17-2004, 08:34 AM
I'm still down for the 27th. Make the april one whatever Jan is planning rollover as our monthly meet.

I'm still leaning towards treasure island on the 27th if there aren't any spots available to hang out. Just my thought. :D

SouthernCrane
03-17-2004, 08:35 AM
I can make either, so whatever the majority wants is fine with me.

uhoh_evo
03-17-2004, 10:01 AM
deng it. that's khu if we don't have the meet on the 27th. i reqst'd off but i'm not trippin. just another day to kick it with my friends. i just need to know for sure what the day is so i can request off becuase we got a new front office manager and she's a biznitch :ahnold: so she might be real strict on days off.

Just having an excuse to hang out and get a free P1 is good enough for a lot of people. ;)
neways, i was just hoping to super luck out on winning the p1 flash and payin the extra $100 er whatever for the upgrade so i can be ready for the sacramento raceway competition goin down april 3-4. it's all good, tho.

people have worked around their schedules to actually try and make this meet, but i personally think quality is better and would not really want 2 major meets so close.

if it's the tenth i may not be able to go but i'm just one person. i think you should put up a poll for a couple of days. or if you don't want double voting for anything, create a new topic to see who votes what.
hehheh, just my .50 :lol:

Jan, i guess we need a poll to see what everyone votes on.
Sorry "BluEvo" didn't quite see you there.

i've even got a couple of turn tables and a mixer. i used to spin back in the day. my record stash isn't really updated tho, cause i haven't been buying any lately. we'll need to rent an amp and some speakers and we can call it a meet!

it's all good, eventho i may not be up there in "maturity" as some of you guys, some of that johnny o, stevie b, covergirls would be just fine. :wink:

chris
03-17-2004, 10:11 AM
you're not the only one who wants that p1 rofl. im doing the same thing as you. but going to cmi in the summer most likely

uhoh_evo
03-17-2004, 10:15 AM
you're not the only one who wants that p1 rofl. im doing the same thing as you. but going to cmi in the summer most likely

MAYAN! that's what that thing is called. i was just telling a bunch of people "that competition thing @ sac raceway." :oops: :lol:

nebolic
03-17-2004, 10:23 AM
A new poll has been set up, please vote for the fate of the upcoming march 27th meet.

Cool beans.
Nebo

VadersSTi
03-19-2004, 04:31 PM
Shoot, I am still down for 3/27 AND 4/10 & whatever other dates (besides the 4/24-Hot Import Nights). Either way, count me in. :)

JanSolo
03-19-2004, 05:10 PM
It's the 10th of April. BE THERE!