PDA

View Full Version : Rear brake pads

Evo442
09-10-2005, 05:33 AM
Just finished off my Endless CCX rear pads at my last track day... was wondering what you track guys run for your rear pads. I'm thinking about trying the Porterfield R4's since Gruppe-S seems to have a good price...

earlyapex
09-10-2005, 09:51 AM
Just finished off my Endless CCX rear pads at my last track day... was wondering what you track guys run for your rear pads. I'm thinking about trying the Porterfield R4's since Gruppe-S seems to have a good price...

I am running the Porterfield RS4 in the rear. Feel fine to me. I refuse to pay over $100 for those small ass rear pads so the Porterfields where the perfect price for me. :)

I would be hesitant to put the R4 pads on the rear. What are you running in the front?

Evo442
09-10-2005, 10:25 AM
I am running the Porterfield RS4 in the rear. Feel fine to me. I refuse to pay over $100 for those small ass rear pads so the Porterfields where the perfect price for me. :)

I would be hesitant to put the R4 pads on the rear. What are you running in the front?

Why hesitant about the R4's on the rear, out of curiosity? Do you think they wont warm up fast enough on the street? I'm interested in the Porterfields due to cost as well. My enthusiasm for paying $200+ for another set of CCX pads for the rear is very low.

I just put a set of the performance friction pads on the front last night. Gonna try them out. I just finished off a set of Titan Kai's, which I preferred over my previous endless ccx's, but the titan kai's only lasted 3 track days.

earlyapex
09-10-2005, 10:52 AM
The R4's might be a bit more aggressive than the front, shifting the brake bias. You really don't need much brake torque in the rear. Any higher performance street pad will do.

the RS4's are working for me so far. :) Plus they are cheap. I am running the same pad up front as you (the Performance Frictions)

the CCX's where $200+ for the rear? Holy mother of god! it's like a 2"x2" pad!

smack
09-10-2005, 11:11 AM
$60 for the pad-$140 for the "endless"

Gruppe-S
09-10-2005, 01:23 PM
The R4S will work great in the rear but R4 will give you better braking power. I think the R4S will be a good choice for the rear.

Tom

Evo442
09-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Ok thanks for the info guys. I think I'll try the R4S's...