PDA

View Full Version : First Ever EOC/SoCalEvo Driving School!!!

Ricardon
03-01-2004, 12:39 AM
Hey guys! For those of you who don't already know, we have started the Evolution Owners Club (EOC). The EOC is the driver's affiliate of SoCalEvo.net dedicated to track driving! We have been planning our first track day which is to be our first driving school. No, it's not just any open track day! Here are the details:

Date- Wed April 28th-Thur April 29th 2004
Place- Streets of Willow Springs
Spots Available- 30, EVO's ONLY!!
Cost- $250 per driver (2 driver maximum per car)**

**The price includes track time, full day instruction from professional race drivers, and timing (that's right the timing is included in the price!!)

We have secured discounted rates at The Inn of Lancaster (about 15 mins from the track) for $65. You do not have to stay at this hotel if you don't want to, but remember that the car tech, driver's meeting and classroom session will be held Wednesday night. The driver's meeting is mandatory, so you MUST BE THERE Wednesday night. We are doing this to make sure that we have the most possible time on the track Thursday. We will be able to gain 1-2 hours of track time by having the meeting/class the night before!!! We will most likely meet around 7:30pm at the hotel. I would like to see everyone stay there so that we can get better rates in the future, so double up with someone if you want to save $$. The hotel will give us free dinner and beer (for you legal people) the night before, and free breakfast on Thursday morning.

The first morning session will be riding in a 15-passenger van driven by our head driving instructor, while he teaches the layout of the course, the racing line, and acceleration/braking points. Just a note: Our head driving instructor has tens of thousands of laps on this course, and has recently been driving EVO's on this course. If you think that he won't be able to teach you something on this ride-along you are wrong. The rest of the day will be all lapping sessions with instructors. There will be 3 run groups based on prior experience and instructor feedback. We will be running the course in the clockwise direction with no "bowl turn". We feel that the course without the "bowl turn" is more technical in nature, and will obviously keep the speeds on the back straight coming into the chicane a lot lower and a lot safer. Most agree that the course without the bowl is more fun anyway because the carousel turn, which replaces the bowl, is a blast when driven right! We may run the course in the counter-clockwise direction for the afternoon sessions depending on feedback we get from the participants. If you all want it, we'll do it!

There has been an ongoing discussion thread on SoCalEvo.net about this event: http://www.socalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1016 you can see the evolution of the idea. For more details on the EOC and what we are about check out the website: http://www.evolutionownersclub.com

I realize that this may be too out of the way for many of you NorCal guys, but if you are interested we still have about 5 spots open. There may be more spots open as I'm sure we will get a couple of cancelations. Read all the details on the site or on the threads and you'll see that $250 is nothing for what you get! PM me or shoot me an email with any questions or to sign up! [email protected]
-Rich

wilson1
03-01-2004, 01:04 AM
Oh man, why can't it be on friday!
Bummer.

Ricardon
03-01-2004, 01:23 AM
Sorry, no Friday dates were open, and all weekends are booked for about a year! Once we get on our feet we'll be able to get weekends. We plan to do an event (whether it be a driving school, track day, or time trial event) every month!

evo_dadi
03-01-2004, 08:29 AM
hey rich cant make it to this event since its close to my daughter's first bday so got a lot of spending to do for that one.so you can take out my from the list but maybe the next gig that comes up i might be able to join you guys. eoc site's not bad and since it just started it kow itll get bigger and busier.

Ricardon
03-01-2004, 09:38 PM
hey rich cant make it to this event since its close to my daughter's first bday so got a lot of spending to do for that one.so you can take out my from the list but maybe the next gig that comes up i might be able to join you guys. eoc site's not bad and since it just started it kow itll get bigger and busier.

AWWW MAAAAAAN!!! Well, take care of your family first, congrats on the daughter's bday! Your other "family" will be having fun on the track though hehehehe! Maybe next time, eh?

evo_dadi
03-01-2004, 09:54 PM
sure man rub it in :) i already missed the last track meet at thunderhill now this one :( ill keep on checking eoc or socal for upcoming track days.

Ricardon
03-01-2004, 09:59 PM
Keep posted man, this won't be anywhere close to the last hehehe. You'll see! I have an idea, bring the party to the track! There's nothing like an early start for the daughter man! Look at Tiger Woods! She could be the next Juan Montoya!! hehehe.

evo_dadi
03-01-2004, 10:28 PM
lol noooo!! thats too soon for me gotta live it day by day :)

Ricardon
03-06-2004, 05:33 PM
Hey guys, I need to know if there are any more guys in NorCal that are interested in this event. Spots will run out for this event, and we will have a waiting list. There are currently spots open, so get in on it while you can, or you'll be on the boards looking at the threads and pics/videos wishing you had! PM me with ANY questions, or log onto the EOC site for more info www.evolutionownersclub.com We update the site almost nightly with new info and features so keep checking. We're gonna have some fun out there!!

vtluu
03-06-2004, 08:49 PM
This is very appealing to me but I'm gonna save up and go to Evolution School (http://www.autocross.com/evolution/) (autocross school) first... Crawl before I walk, walk before I run. :)

Ricardon
03-06-2004, 10:17 PM
This is very appealing to me but I'm gonna save up and go to Evolution School (http://www.autocross.com/evolution/) (autocross school) first... Crawl before I walk, walk before I run. :)

I deffinitely respect that, but let me ask you one question. Do you plan on autocrossing more or going to the track more? Because it's a common misconception that autocrossing is a lead-in to track racing. Rather that you should learn to autocross before you go to the track. If you plan on autocrossing more, then by all means go learn how to do it. But if you plan going to the track more then come on out with us. People often think that they need to attain a certain skill level before tracking their car. That's what we'll teach, and we'll teach it where it counts: AT THE TRACK. I applaud your desire to learn though, I just think you might be better off with us...plug plug!

GokuSSJ4
03-06-2004, 10:18 PM
its funny that you say that , because went they ask about track experience , they say autocross dont count you still need an instructor for a beginner

Ricardon
03-13-2004, 07:57 PM
Hey guys! My internet was down for a couple of days...I've been dying...so we haven't been able to give any updates, but it's back up now. Mark and I will be uploading some new info and goodies to the EOC site in the next couple of days so stay posted. We still have some openings left, so if you are interested sign up, by clicking on the paypal link on our site or pm me here if you want to send in a check, or with any questions. I was talking to Jan at the SoCalEvo meet this last Sunday and I said that it was my experience that there are more hardcore enthusiasts up in northern cali as opposed to southern cali (most people down here love to keep their cars nice and waxed and far from the track) PROVE ME RIGHT!!! I know that it's a long trip for most of you up there, but come out and you won't be sorry I can promise that! You'll get more clean laps in this one day than you will in 3-4 track days COMBINED! Another note, Speedventures is offering a special rate for their Friday event at the same track for those that are attending OUR EOC event. I talked to Aaron Bitterman of Speedventures, I'm not sure exactly what the deal is, but if you attend our event and want to stay down here to run on Friday, there will be a good discount with them. I'll post when I get details, but in the meantime SIGN UP, were gonna have the blast of all blasts!
-Rich

Ricardon
03-22-2004, 08:21 PM
Alright time for an update: The registration, waiver and tech forms have been uploaded to the site for everyone to download. Pre-registration through the site is required but for payment purposes only. The registration form is to turn in at the event, for us to keep a record of who showed up. More instructor bios are still in the works and will be uploaded as soon as we can them up. We have secured our timing source, and if you didnt catch it before...timing is included in the price of admission! We need more norcal guys to sign up, so far there have only been a couple people who even signed the initial interest sheet and none so far that have paid. There are still a few spots open but the event will sell out, so get on it guys! sign up here: http://www.evolutionownersclub.com/html/events.html
-Rich

Ricardon
03-27-2004, 04:26 PM
The EOC would like to welcome Mr. Raul Moreno as our newest edition to the driving instructor team! Check out his bio at http://www.evolutionownersclub.com/html/eoc_driving_school_instructors.html Raul is a great addition to our team and will benefit the participants immensly. You will also notice that we've added a few more "instructor bios to come" to that page. We now have a total of 10 instructors, I am waiting still for everyone to email their bios so we can post them. This deal just keeps getting better. Is there anyone in Norcal that's interested in the evnt? I seriously would like to hold a spot open for some of you guys, but honestly We're getting a couple of payments a day now, and the spots are really starting to disappear. If you have a remote interest in this event please PM me or the spots will be gone. Thanks guys.
-Rich

wilson1
03-27-2004, 07:41 PM
Anyone interested in going?

halz
03-27-2004, 09:42 PM
I love Willow Springs.. If I had an Evo, I'd go

The first time (and only time!) I was there, I showed up at the track a day early because I was at Buttonwillow the day before.. There were some very friendly girls working in the administration building that were very helpful, and did I mention friendly? Beside chatting with them for a few hours, later in the afternoon, the older lady (she was actually the mom!) let me drive around the main track several times (under 60mph, of course..)
Very damn cool of them..
The girls later invited me to go to a haunted house with em.. (it was around Halloween) buuut, the damn house was closed.. ohwell

Ricardon
03-27-2004, 09:53 PM
Damn! I just looked under your avatar! Don't worry, it's costing me nearly $4k to insure mine...It seems that the CHP feels I should drive a little more slowly on public roads. They've told me this numerous times, but I'm too stupid to listen to them, hence I'm quite close to losing to my license. Sad part is I've never once been involved in a "street race". Always by myself...BAM! Ok, so I'll organize track days instead!!!! Come on guys, there's gotta be at least a little interest here!? We have decided to set up a mmet type event in the cold pits at the event as well! So if there are any of you who are interested in the event, but can't pay the entrance fee, or just want to come check it out, there will be a bunch of SoCalEvoers gathered there as well, spectating and hanging out! Participate or not, I'd like to see a few of you drive down to hang out with the others who are spectating!
-Rich

Brainstorm Performance
04-01-2004, 08:03 PM
We will be providing free Tech Inspections for the EOC event on the 28th. Call us on (310) 313 0088 before you come down, to make sure we can get you in and out as quickly as possible.

Ricardon
04-17-2004, 08:59 PM
Ok this just might very well be last call! 5 spots open, and we have 7 people inquiring through email and PM's. As soon as five pull the trigger, rather hit their mouse button on the paypal link this event will be full. Is there ANYONE in NorCal interested in going? In case you haven't been checking the ongoing discussion on SoCalEvo, we have added some pretty potent instructors, and have some very high profile EVOs coming (RRE/Greddy EVO, Sparco's EVO etc...) Professional film crew shooting high def video!! Timing, top notch instructors, 30+ EVO owners, the list goes on for a measly $250. We must be insane for offering this school for this cheap, but it isn't about making money...it's all about the event and the EVO owners! PM me if you want one of these last spots...they should not last more than a couple of days, maybe not even a couple of hours...hard to say.

Ricardon
04-23-2004, 03:17 PM
So we filled the original 30 spaces less than a full 24 hours after I posted last. So, we decided to open up an additional 5 spaces because we were able to hire one more instructor. 2 of those 5 new spaces were booked within hours, and now there are 3 open. There has got to be one person in NorCal that wants to make the ride down. Just to revisit, Speedventures is offering a discounted $90 rate for the day on Friday for people who run the EOC event. It's at the same track, SOW, so it makes things convenient for those that want to stay the extra day. Also, if you haven't been keeping up with the ongoing news, we have some very high profile EVOs coming out to the event! The blue RRE/Greddy monster, The Sparco EVO, and RB Motoring's silver beast will all be at the event. We will also have media coverage from a couple of magazines that everyone on these boards reads...ssshhhhhh. 3 spots and less than a week, they'll be gone before you know it. Please feel free to PM me with any questions!
-Rich