PDA

View Full Version : seeking recommendations on a good place for car wash

ayn
09-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Hi guys, I just moved to the bay area and have been living in a hotel, I'm moving into my condo this weekend, but it doesn't look like I will have a place to wash my car there until the HOA kicks in so I can tell them they need to set something up (like a hose)...

Anyway, my car hasn't been washed for about a month, it sucks. I've never brought my cars to a car wash before, so please hold the flames. When I had a house I used Griot's and P21S stuff exclusively, and I have a Porter Cable orbital polisher... But, I can't find a place to use all that right now, and I don't want to bring my car to some random place, a scratch on the BBS will run me about $800 to replace.... ;)

So, I'm looking for recommendations on where to go, please reply here or PM/email me! Thanks a lot!!

--Andrew

DRFTR8
09-14-2005, 01:35 PM
well the best place to take your car to get wash are the places that hand wash them... there is a couple places near Valley Fair that washes them by hand... also there is a place in fremont that does it too...

ayn
09-14-2005, 01:36 PM
well the best place to take your car to get wash are the places that hand wash them... there is a couple places near Valley Fair that washes them by hand... also there is a place in fremont that does it too...

Sounds good, yeah, I did see some places that looked okay at around Valley Fair, I guess I will go there and watch how they wash their cars, and pick one...

earlyapex
09-14-2005, 01:47 PM
bring your own pail, washing towel, soap and towel, then go to one of those self-serve car wash drive in the stall things.

Just DON'T use their big broom brush. (hence the bring your own crap)

I used to do that when I lived in an apartment. Just make sure to go at non-peak times so you don't have people bitching at you for bringing your own crap.

ayn
09-14-2005, 02:05 PM
bring your own pail, washing towel, soap and towel, then go to one of those self-serve car wash drive in the stall things.

I used to do that when I lived in an apartment. Just make sure to go at non-peak times so you don't have people bitching at you for bringing your own crap.

I thought about using quarter bays, but some of them recycle the water, which sounds scary...

DRFTR8
09-14-2005, 02:17 PM
where u located?... someone should host a bbq and car wash... but this saturday there will be a carwash in Milpitas at Starbucks...

ayn
09-14-2005, 03:07 PM
where u located?... someone should host a bbq and car wash... but this saturday there will be a carwash in Milpitas at Starbucks...

I'm up for BBQ and car wash... :) I saw the Starbuck's thing, but I'm not sure if I want them to touch my car... I would gladly donate money, and I have...

Liquid-R1
09-14-2005, 05:33 PM
I go to AJ Auto Detailing, Inc

http://www.ajautodetailing.com/

I figure if it's good enough for the AMG's and Porches I see going in and out, it's good enough for the Evo... :D

twEeker
09-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Just go to a coin op where you do it yourself, but only use the water. Bring your own sponges, soap, shammy and whatever else you want. I don't know if you can find one to plug in the orbiter, but at least you can do it yourself. I work as a full time detailer at a dealership myself, and I believe if you really care about your car, only your hands should be the one to at least do the simple things. of course, I have an unhealthy attachtment to my car, so everyone might not feel the same way as me.

ayn
09-14-2005, 06:19 PM
I agree only my own hands should touch my car, but like I said, I hear some of the coin-operated places recycle their water, which sounds pretty scary. I'm sure they filter them first but still, I'd rather have fresh water...

--Andrew

Just go to a coin op where you do it yourself, but only use the water. Bring your own sponges, soap, shammy and whatever else you want. I don't know if you can find one to plug in the orbiter, but at least you can do it yourself. I work as a full time detailer at a dealership myself, and I believe if you really care about your car, only your hands should be the one to at least do the simple things. of course, I have an unhealthy attachtment to my car, so everyone might not feel the same way as me.

ayn
09-14-2005, 06:20 PM
I go to AJ Auto Detailing, Inc

http://www.ajautodetailing.com/

I figure if it's good enough for the AMG's and Porches I see going in and out, it's good enough for the Evo... :D

Nice, will go check them out... though, most AMG and P-cars owners are poseurs and they could care less about their cars...

ZK
09-14-2005, 06:37 PM
If you are picky, you can make an appointment with a detailer.

Lawrence at AutoHQ does a good wash and wax using Klasse products.

650 Broadway St. Suite 4A, Redwood City, CA 94063
(650) 368-3290

Gruppe-S and a number of WRX guys like to go through this guy:
http://www.gruppe-s.com/stuff/CarPic.jpg

I personally do my own detail on my car with Pinnacle products.

CupertinoRedEvoVIII
09-19-2005, 11:24 AM
You can go to country club car wash they are pretty good. They are located near Nissan dealership on Stevens Creek Blvd. I always go there and they did pretty good jobs. 100% hand wash and dry too

b0yw0nder
09-19-2005, 11:50 AM
when i asked jeremy @ invisiguard, he recommended that freddie guy.

i have no shame, i bucketwash. there is one stall where I go that has a broken brush, so I figure i'll just use that as an excuse if someone gets pissed.

lancerboy
09-19-2005, 09:42 PM

I used to do that when I lived in an apartment. Just make sure to go at non-peak times so you don't have people bitching at you for bringing your own crap.+1. however, forget about the pail and just use a bucket free carwash gel (Eagle 1) :wink: