PDA

View Full Version : Sears Point / Infineon Raceway Oct. 7

Richard EVO
09-15-2005, 04:46 PM
I just got this e-mail from Track Masters Racing. I probably won't go since it is an awfully long drive from SoCal for one day on the track, but just thought you NorCal guys would want to know about it.

"Attention TrackMasters Racing, NASA, and PRC/POC Drivers!! (and all others too!)

TrackMasters Racing has just picked-up Infineon/Sears Point Raceway on Friday, OCTOBER 7th - Yes, 3 weeks away! This is another extremely rare treat so we jumped on the opportunity. Now each of you need to jump on the opportunity so we can make this happen!

What we're looking at is 65 drivers registered in just over 2 weeks. This shouldn't be a big problem as long as we get the word spread far and wide by all of us. So, spread the word to friends & family that track their cars, co-workers, or on the car forums that many of you frequent. Let's make this happen!

The event is on the Friday before a 2-day NASA weekend at Infinion. NASA is currently sold out and has a waitlist for their event. They also have over 150 racers coming out that weekend and this event will be communicated to all of those drivers. That said, if you want in on this event, you need to act very quickly!
FORMAT: 3 or 4 Run Groups - (1) Advanced Racer, (1) Advanced HPDE, and (1 or 2) Intermediates.(Low and High) Further explanation of each group and their minimum requirements can be found on the event description page. If sign-ups don't justify two Intermediate run groups, then we'll combine the Intermediates and run a (3) Run Group format. Here's the event description:

http://www.trackmasters-racing.com/html/abouteventssp10-07-05.html

If you haven't driven this track, then you're missing out on one of the best tracks in the country. It's a technical course but VERY fun!

The Event Cost is: $295 (only $15 more than some clubs charge at T-Hill)
How to Register? Go to www.trackmasters-racing.com for all the details and payment instructions

Help us put this event on by helping spread the word! We're known by the regional tracks as an organization that can fill events, that's why we routinely get opportunities like this! We would like to maintain that reputation, but we need your help!

Thanks, and 'Let's do this!'

Doug Gale
TrackMasters Racing"

dohcvtec
09-15-2005, 07:14 PM
Nice, I'll be there Sat. and Sun. with NASA. Maybe I should try to get the day off work for Friday too. But damn, NASA gives you both days for that price.

Matz
09-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Nice, I'll be there Sat. and Sun. with NASA. Maybe I should try to get the day off work for Friday too. But damn, NASA gives you both days for that price.

Damn, I should do NASA next time. I can crash my Evo for 1/2 the price! :)

leif
09-15-2005, 10:44 PM
sure u are mike... u said u were guna be at thill with nasa last weekend too... didnt see u lol.

ill be there on sunday..

dohcvtec
09-16-2005, 10:40 AM
sure u are mike... u said u were guna be at thill with nasa last weekend too... didnt see u lol.

ill be there on sunday..
I know :(
After that statement I realized I was broke. OOOPS!
And damnit I'm on the waiting list for group 3. Only group 2 is open on Sunday.

Bonster
10-05-2005, 09:15 AM
I will be there on Friday -- I will be instructing a 350Z student (actually, two students -- they are sharing their car -- that should be a busy day) and will be driving in the testing session (and maybe in the advanced, intermediate as well) in my racecar -- white Spec Miata #36. I am doing some more supsension tuning, hoping to get rid of this damn oversteer issue. Talk about drifting -- oversteer in this thing is so bad right now that I can spin out with a mere flick of the wrist. YUCK!

See you guys in a couple of days!

BW