PDA

View Full Version : T-Hill HPDS Oct. 2

SouthernCrane
09-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Anyone interested in doing this with me? You can even rent a helmet there, so there is no excuse like i had before :D I'm hoping to get my uncle and his E36 out there too. Thanks for the tip Methods4 8)

http://www.thunderhill.com/html/driving_school.html

SJCoruja
09-16-2005, 04:18 PM
I'm actually already signed up for it! :) Who else is going?

dohcvtec
09-16-2005, 04:42 PM
I'm actually already signed up for it! :) Who else is going?
Bout time! :)
glad to hear you're heading out there.

MarkSAE
09-16-2005, 05:02 PM
Is there still room? I would have signed up for this, but I went to T-hill last weekend already since my friend offered to instruct me.

My best advice for you first timers is to not go there with stock brake pads! My brakes faded pretty bad stopping from the top of 4th down the straights. Especially near the end of my 20 minute sessions. It took a lot of the fun out.

Cameron@xperformance
09-16-2005, 06:44 PM
ooooo it says you can be 16! im so close. maybe next time. and you get a sweeet T-Hill tshirt :D

Evo442
09-16-2005, 08:01 PM
Anyone interested in doing this with me? You can even rent a helmet there, so there is no excuse like i had before :D I'm hoping to get my uncle and his E36 out there too. Thanks for the tip Methods4 8)

http://www.thunderhill.com/html/driving_school.html

Hey Bryan - let me know if you're going for sure. I might sign up if ya do!

-david

SouthernCrane
09-16-2005, 10:33 PM
i am going to sign up if it is not too late. can i call and sign up, then send my faxed signature?

SJCoruja
09-16-2005, 11:05 PM
I faxed everything over and then called later in the day to follow-up. They don't send out the confirms until a little closer to track day so you won't know for sure if you're in unless you call. Very cool folks to deal with though. :)

earlyapex
09-17-2005, 12:31 AM

-david

David I think this school is under your current skill level. More for beginners. Methods4 and I took it like 3 yrs ago. Was great then, but if I did it now I would be falling asleep at the wheel from boredom.

SouthernCrane
09-17-2005, 01:03 AM

-david

David I think this school is under your current skill level. More for beginners. Methods4 and I took it like 3 yrs ago. Was great then, but if I did it now I would be falling asleep at the wheel from boredom.

I agree, from what the website says, this would be below your level david. this is for n00bs like me with no track experience.

Evo442
09-17-2005, 05:47 AM

I agree, from what the website says, this would be below your level david. this is for n00bs like me with no track experience.

Ok, I actually looked at the website, and you guys are probably right. I hope you have a blast out there, Bryan!

Grrrr... just itching to get back out on the track!! :twisted:

yf19ex
09-18-2005, 10:13 PM
Well I am planning to be there. SJ said we might meet at a particular hotel or resturant the day before. I am making this one day overnight the Sat before the Event.

Any hotels or resturants that are recomended in the area?

methods4
09-18-2005, 11:20 PM

David, you could always run in the advanced (C) group. It's the only group that doesn't require an instructor and has pretty relaxed passing rules. It's the group that the instructors all run in when they have time.

Unowned
09-18-2005, 11:30 PM
My first event i signed up for is in Nov, so next time for me

MarkSAE
09-19-2005, 12:05 AM
Alright, I got to itch to go again already. I'm gonna try to fax my stuff in and sign up tomorrow. Talk about being addicted!

MarkSAE
09-19-2005, 08:23 AM
Dammit, groups A and B are all filled up. Only group C is open. I dunno if I feel comfortable running in that group yet and w/o an instructor. Hmmm...

SouthernCrane
09-19-2005, 03:58 PM
Dammit, groups A and B are all filled up. Only group C is open. I dunno if I feel comfortable running in that group yet and w/o an instructor. Hmmm...

I sent mine in late too, but i guess i'm on the waiting list in case anyone cancels. otherwise i have signed up for the december event .........hopefully it doesn't rain then :(

SJCoruja
09-28-2005, 12:51 PM
OK, who is for sure going/already registered?

1. SJCoruja

kimmievo
09-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Matt, when you get back, let me know how you liked it...and get someone to take pics. I'm interested in doing this next time it comes around. Will you have an instructor with you?

SouthernCrane
09-28-2005, 02:23 PM
Matt, when you get back, let me know how you liked it...and get someone to take pics. I'm interested in doing this next time it comes around. Will you have an instructor with you?

Yeah, 1.5 hours of classroom lecture, then 5-20 minute sessions with an instructor if you are in the beginner or intermediate group.

MarkSAE
09-28-2005, 02:57 PM
So did you get in Bryan? If not, you guys should sign up for the NCRC event at Thunderhill this weekend with the 33% off coupon. It actually comes out a little cheaper than this school event. I'll be there on friday.

SouthernCrane
09-28-2005, 03:51 PM
So did you get in Bryan? If not, you guys should sign up for the NCRC event at Thunderhill this weekend with the 33% off coupon. It actually comes out a little cheaper than this school event. I'll be there on friday.

No, i didn't get in......i guess no one cancelled last minute. I didn't sign up for the T-Hill event with NCRC. I am signed up for the december event as of now.....anyone else sign up for December HPDS at T-Hill?

SJCoruja
09-28-2005, 04:21 PM
...anyone else sign up for December HPDS at T-Hill?

Probably jumping the gun a bit, but depending on how this weekend goes I have already filled out my registration for it. I would really like to get 2 actual school sessions in before I start hitting the open track days. :)

hagakure
09-28-2005, 04:27 PM

No, i didn't get in......i guess no one cancelled last minute. I didn't sign up for the T-Hill event with NCRC. I am signed up for the december event as of now.....anyone else sign up for December HPDS at T-Hill?

Good job Bryan!
I'm glad to see you finally get out there.

Percy

thomas
09-28-2005, 05:30 PM
I

My best advice for you first timers is to not go there with stock brake pads! My brakes faded pretty bad stopping from the top of 4th down the straights.

oh its not that bad, i ran stock brake pads for the three events i attended this year. but i do have the WORKS TKS brakelines with motul brake fluid. i think they held up pretty good, then again, im not a prostar like sum of these track whores on this site :shock: :D :twisted:

wont be able to make this one. good to see you guys taking the leap. its a blast and hope you guys have lotsa fun. be safe.

piece.

MarkSAE
09-28-2005, 05:36 PM
oh its not that bad, i ran stock brake pads for the three events i attended this year. but i do have the WORKS TKS brakelines with motul brake fluid. i think they held up pretty good, then again, im not a prostar like sum of these track whores on this site :shock: :D :twisted:

wont be able to make this one. good to see you guys taking the leap. its a blast and hope you guys have lotsa fun. be safe.

piece.

Yeah, after talking with quite a few people about the stock brake issues, everything seems to point towards the stock brake fluids being the weak point at the track events. So I now have the WORKS TKS brake lines installed along w/ some ATE fluid. I have plenty of pad material left, so hopefully I'll be good for this friday's event.

hagakure
09-28-2005, 05:41 PM

piece.

Yeah, after talking with quite a few people about the stock brake issues, everything seems to point towards the stock brake fluids being the weak point at the track events. So I now have the WORKS TKS brake lines installed along w/ some ATE fluid. I have plenty of pad material left, so hopefully I'll be good for this friday's event.

You should be ok in your first event. I'd burn through the stock pads in 3 30 min sessions now! :twisted:

MarkSAE
09-28-2005, 06:09 PM
You should be ok in your first event. I'd burn through the stock pads in 3 30 min sessions now! :twisted:

hehe.. yeah, I'm not gonna be driving too hard as you. I'm still trying to learn the line. This will be my 2nd event actually. I'm stoked!

SouthernCrane
09-28-2005, 07:00 PM
Good job Bryan!
I'm glad to see you finally get out there.

Percy

After i get 1 or 2 of these under my belt, maybe i'll see you at some events Percy. 8)

Boostd4
09-28-2005, 08:11 PM
My friend Dennis (Nobodyx on the board) will be there with his SC'ed S2000. He'll most likely be in the C group, but I told him some of you guys would be around. So if you see a wacko in a prison striped shirt walking around, thats him :lol: .

SJCoruja
09-28-2005, 09:12 PM
On the brake subject...that was another reason I waited until now to hit the track. Heading out on Sunday with Enless SS-S pads, WORKS TKS lines, and Motul fluid. :thumbsup:

SJCoruja
10-02-2005, 10:44 PM
WOW! Absolutely awesome time. I will post up more later about it since I am wiped out now, but it was truly an amazing experience and I had a blast! :)

http://my.prostreetonline.com/album/SJCoruja/Thunderhill102.jpg

yf19ex
10-04-2005, 09:44 PM
Yea it was a great time! It was interesting finally streaching the cars capabilites on the track. The car even in lightly moded form is alot for the street. Here the car can be pushed and this is where you find the boundries of the car.

My car is lightly tuned with only DP, Helix Exhaust and Flash. So power is just enough. Brakes never faded (Project MU SCR Pro, NS Pads, SS lines, Motul 600 fluid) In actuality, for 5 lap sprints are an overkill for brakes. The Stock suspension is stiff but and the transissions were predictable. Even in highspeed slalom, the car was never unstable. Understeer was present and body roll and squat were there during hard cornering and braking. But again the cars dynamics were never upset in anyway.

I can also report that the Falken RT-615's are worth every penny for the track. Although not a dedicated track tire, its capabilites are incredibly sticky when it was cold to warm. As the day warmed up and the tires did as well but the grip slowly when way but never suddenly. But I can attribute most of the performance of the car to the tires!

Matt was telling me his mods seem to be holding up. I was not in his run group but it was fun seeing what your car can do against the compeition like Porshes, Corvettes, WRX's and STI's.

I think after this, my focus for this car will go toward suspension. I was originaly debating power, tranny or suspnesion. The clutch is still good, the power is decent for the track. But the handling of the car could be improved even more. Proper set up coilovers might be the answer. I think Muller might get my business!