PDA

View Full Version : Need help on headlight adjustment...

DaveLC2
09-16-2005, 09:43 PM
I found the thread on the headlight adjustment and I can't seen to adjust my left side high enough. The nut is plastic and the passenger side is metal. The driver's side headlamp appears to have been replaced at some point. The left side is real low and the right side is probably where it should be. I tried to bring the left side up but it didn't really seem to respond. I was able to bring the passenger side sown a bit but not so they are lined up properly. I am pretty anal about my headlight adjustments and this drives me nuts. I previously have my in cabin adjustment a bit on the high side and it hits the freeway signs from like a 1/4mi away. I can just imagine how I blind people with right side. Shouldn't be as bad now but it's still not right. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Dave

Unowned
09-16-2005, 10:26 PM
10 mm rachet turning clockwise is UP... the plastic nut you are hitting is the right spot

DaveLC2
09-16-2005, 11:36 PM
10 mm rachet turning clockwise is UP... the plastic nut you are hitting is the right spot

The driver's side turns but the light doesn't seem to move up or down. The right side does.

Dave

DaveLC2
09-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Well I got my lights close to even. I'll find out tonight for sure. Using a line on a wall on a even surface they are pretty close. When I dropped off the Galant at Concord Mitsubishi I talked to Kevin in service about it and he told me to use a long phillips screwdriver and put it right in the gears. It works so much faster than a socket. The head on the phillps I had wasn't really thick enough so I dug up a angled 10mm open end wrench (turn toward the driver's side fender to raise or toward the passenger side fender to lower) and that got the job done. So I guess there are like 3 different ways to adjust the height on your lights other than the switch inside. Thanks for the tip Unowned but the cheesy socket set I have was too big and it would have taken me a couple months one click at a time to get it right. Here are a couple of pics.

Dave

http://tinypic.com/dvn78h

http://tinypic.com/dvn628

MitsuMan
09-19-2005, 05:41 PM
uh I don't think they'er supposed to be even did you check the specs on the lens most all cars have the left one lower and to the right so that you don't blind on coming trafic. you might just be at the max adjustment

DaveLC2
09-19-2005, 05:50 PM
Well my left one was point way lower and the right one was hitting the freeway signs up above when adjusted from inside. I just want to get them closer so I can actually see the road properly and not blind people to my right.

Dave

Unowned
09-19-2005, 07:03 PM
you don't have a mini socket set? that's why it was so easy for me

DaveLC2
09-19-2005, 07:54 PM
you don't have a mini socket set? that's why it was so easy for me

I do but there's some play in it so it was taking forever to get anywhere with crap in the way. I think I picked it up at Kragens like 5 years ago. The fatter head phillps would've been the easiest of them all. Of course I found it afterwards :roll:

Dave