PDA

View Full Version : MR blow-off valve

RSpilot
09-18-2005, 10:15 AM
Anyone know if it is OK to put in the mr blow-off valve in SCCA SOLO2 ESP class?

chrisw
09-18-2005, 11:20 AM
Anyone know if it is OK to put in the mr blow-off valve in SCCA SOLO2 ESP class?

nope.. nice thought though... It has to be available from the factory to be legal. JDM parts don't count.

Cameron@xperformance
09-18-2005, 11:48 AM
might be BSP next year :wink:

vtluu
09-18-2005, 07:46 PM
might be BSP next year :wink:
Nope, the current proposal specifically excludes BOVs. Idiotic IMO since boost control changes are otherwise allowed.

Jamie@WORKS
09-19-2005, 03:16 PM

nope.. nice thought though... It has to be available from the factory to be legal. JDM parts don't count.

According to CAPS the JDM valve will also be a USDM part on the IX.

vtluu
09-19-2005, 03:49 PM
Interesting... If the Evo 9 will be listed on the same line as the Evo 8 in the 2006 Solo2 rulebook, then it will be legal to update an ESP Evo 8 with Evo 9 bits... BUT the update/backdate rule stipulates that the engine system must be upgraded as a whole, i.e. to update the diverter valve you'll also need to update the rest of the engine and turbo to 2006 parts. :shock:

earlyapex
09-19-2005, 04:13 PM
I nominate Tam to be the first person to try to retrofit MIVEC.

vtluu
09-19-2005, 04:31 PM
I nominate Tam to be the first person to try to retrofit MIVEC.
I nominate Bryan to pay for it. :nana:

chrisw
09-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Interesting... If the Evo 9 will be listed on the same line as the Evo 8 in the 2006 Solo2 rulebook, then it will be legal to update an ESP Evo 8 with Evo 9 bits... BUT the update/backdate rule stipulates that the engine system must be upgraded as a whole, i.e. to update the diverter valve you'll also need to update the rest of the engine and turbo to 2006 parts. :shock:

true, except that the CBV or diverter valve can be updated indepentantly of the turbo and engine... :wink:

That's what the us old 2nd gen DSM'ers fought

I would point out the specific rule that allows it, but I can't locate the online rules with the time available