PDA

View Full Version : Big Season Ending Track Event

hagakure
09-18-2005, 05:01 PM
Hey guys,

My last event for 05 will be the thursday, November 10 NASA max track day. Would be cool to get the maximum amount of Evos out for that event. Plenty of time to plan for it, get the day off, etc. It's only 179.00, and there will be 7 20 minute sesions. No beginners, only groups 2, 3, and 4. I am going to petition to run in group 4 for that event, as I am totally comfortable with open passing now. Let's talk this one up, maybe we can get some of the Vishnu guys out, have not seen them in a few months. Would be nice to run with them now that the car is sorted and the driving has improved! Just FYI guys. I will aslo be doing the saturday at Reno Fernley, cannot do both days. Will also be doing thunderhill the 30th of this month with NCRC. That's a friday by the way. Take it easy guys!

Percy

dohcvtec
09-18-2005, 07:01 PM
Sounds good. I'm sure I can make that event. I would probably be in the Honda though. I've never driven group 4 with NASA, been thinking about doing it though.

earlyapex
09-18-2005, 07:45 PM
I'll probably see you at the T.E.A.M reno event.

NASA can bite muh ballz. :x

hagakure
09-18-2005, 10:05 PM
Sounds good. I'm sure I can make that event. I would probably be in the Honda though. I've never driven group 4 with NASA, been thinking about doing it though.

Mike,

You are WAY ready to be driving in that group!:)

hagakure
09-18-2005, 10:06 PM
I'll probably see you at the GGLC reno event.

Cool.....

Reno should be fun. IT's a GREAT fast track. Beers to the first EVo under 1:32....

Percy

vtluu
09-19-2005, 02:30 AM
+1

Hey Percy, don't forget to get your car teched in advance to avoid the $40 fee. Again. :roll:

Evo442
09-19-2005, 05:24 AM
Sounds like fun... I think I can make this one. The main thing I dont like about NASA is the downloads after each session...

hagakure
09-19-2005, 08:24 AM
+1

Hey Percy, don't forget to get your car teched in advance to avoid the $40 fee. Again. :roll:

will do....

got my car teched in advance last tiem. They still did a quick tech, but I did not have to pay the fee. Download sessions suck for sure, adn track time is limited. I do want to run with them at least three times next year to participate in the HPDE 4 time trial series. But otherwise it's GGLC, NCRC mostly.

P

dohcvtec
09-19-2005, 09:41 AM
I like the download sessions. You get to hear about everyone elses screwups. Also lets you become aware of who the wreckless people are. :P

wilson1
09-19-2005, 10:03 AM
what is the download sessions?

dohcvtec
09-19-2005, 10:21 AM
what is the download sessions?
Where everyone from the group gets together in a room after the session with the instructor to discuss things that went on during the session. Also a place to ask general questions about line, driving, conditions, etc.

Richard EVO
09-19-2005, 10:26 AM
NASA sucks. Not nearly enough track time, all those stupid download sessions, and you have to carry around that stupid little book.

hagakure
09-19-2005, 10:56 AM
NASA sucks. Not nearly enough track time, all those stupid download sessions, and you have to carry around that stupid little book.

Secret is to get fast quick, upgrade to HPDe 4, then you don't have to worry about the "little book":)

I agree that NASA events are NOT optimum, but I do like the mass track time events, and it will be interesting to run with group 4 if possible, as NASA's open passing group, along with Trackmasters, is the fastest one in Norcal. Running in really fast groups under control is a very good way to decrease laptime.

Percy

Richard EVO
09-19-2005, 01:02 PM
I got well over 3 hours track time with Speed Ventures at Streets of Willow last Friday. No downloads, no little books, and their "Red" group is faster than the one at Track Masters. I run in blue (high intermediate) and ran extra sessions in white (low intermediate) all afternoon, plus on combined red/blue session at the end of the day.

dohcvtec
09-19-2005, 01:07 PM
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/..%5C..%5C..%5CImages%5Cliving%5Ccookie_big.jpg

earlyapex
09-19-2005, 02:40 PM
rofl

Eclipse
09-19-2005, 07:50 PM

What event is this?

I see the BW 10/17 event as the last on GGLC calender.

Scott

crctslt
09-19-2005, 08:22 PM

Cool.....

Reno should be fun. IT's a GREAT fast track. Beers to the first EVo under 1:32....

Percy

What are you guys hating on the Eclipse now? :P I'll take a Guiness thanks. :D

They are talking about the 2 day event Percy and Bonnie are setting up for October 22-23

earlyapex
09-19-2005, 08:39 PM

What event is this?

I see the BW 10/17 event as the last on GGLC calender.

Scott

woops I meant the T.E.A.M. event

hagakure
09-26-2005, 08:28 AM

Cool.....

Percy

What are you guys hating on the Eclipse now? :P I'll take a Guiness thanks. :D

They are talking about the 2 day event Percy and Bonnie are setting up for October 22-23

Hey Evan!

Definitely NOT hating on the Eclipse:) Beers tot he first Evo OR DSM under 1:32....

dohcvtec
10-25-2005, 11:22 AM
Just signed up for this event today. Is anyone else going?

vtluu
10-25-2005, 03:28 PM
I'm signed up for TH with NCRC, Nov. 19-20. I would have signed up for the TEAM event the following week but I didn't know that it was Thanksgiving and I had the Friday off. (In Canada, Thanksgiving is a few weeks earlier so as a result I'm always clueless about when the holiday is over here.)

leif
10-25-2005, 03:52 PM
im going to the ncrc event... lets go anti-nasa guys...i wanna meet you.

dohcvtec
10-25-2005, 04:03 PM
You're not doing the NASA one? Cmon, you're like the only person that does NASA events :(

earlyapex
10-25-2005, 04:12 PM

Pay the recockulious $280 fee for me and I am there.

vtluu
10-25-2005, 04:13 PM
Pay the recockulious $280 fee for me and I am there.
The nice thing about about NCRC is that I don't have to run with poor folk like you. :nana:

Anyway it's $245 if you sign up early. Plus $40 if you're a non-member... but minus 33% if you're running with NCRC for the first time. I paid $395 for both days which isn't much more than what the TEAM event the following weekend costs.

earlyapex
10-25-2005, 04:17 PM
The nice thing about NCRC is that I don't have to worry about getting passed by poor folk like you. :nana:

There, I fixed it for you. TIA!

leif
10-25-2005, 04:43 PM
You're not doing the NASA one? Cmon, you're like the only person that does NASA events :(

i have class thursday other wise i would. =\

leif
10-25-2005, 04:44 PM
The nice thing about NCRC is that I don't have to worry about getting passed by poor folk like you. :nana:

There, I fixed it for you. TIA!

you fucking subaru guys..tia has to be the most retarded thing ever. how does thanks in advance even make sense in this scenario?!?!

see tams math makes it more affordable...just do it and stop being such a penis :P

hagakure
10-25-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm signed up for TH with NCRC, Nov. 19-20. I would have signed up for the TEAM event the following week but I didn't know that it was Thanksgiving and I had the Friday off. (In Canada, Thanksgiving is a few weeks earlier so as a result I'm always clueless about when the holiday is over here.)

Tam,

I'll be there on Saturday....
Going for the PR to end the season.... :)

earlyapex
10-25-2005, 05:44 PM
you fucking subaru guys..tia has to be the most retarded thing ever. how does thanks in advance even make sense in this scenario?!?!

see tams math makes it more affordable...just do it and stop being such a penis :P

LOL! Haha, I introduced that saying on i-club. Then Zoeb took off with it. I think I got it from Tony (Methods4) years ago. The magic of TIA is that it's not supposed to make sense.

I am signed up for thill in December with TEAM. I have about one event left on my RA1's. So if I do another event, I have to buy some new RA1's, which I haven't figured out if I want to do yet. TIA!