PDA

View Full Version : WORKS P2 FLASH and GREDDY TITANIUM EXHAUST installed today

jbigelow
03-01-2004, 10:06 PM
well, i drove up today from sacramento to san francisco to get the WORKS P2 flash i won at last saturdays meet!!!!!!!!!! i clocked 1022 miles when i got there (yeah, the car is finally breakin in'!!!!!!!!

anyways, i can't believe how much high end power the car has now!!!!!! :D the power after the 3500 rpm range is phenomenol. the drive home was great too!!!!!!! :D

i passed by my buddy's shop at SACRAMENTO MOTORING ACCESSORIES (HE'S A GREDDY DEALER) and he just received 3 greddy titanium exhausts. 2 of them were sold already and he asked if i wanted the last one. i said hmmmmmm, i was waiting for the hks anniversary, but the greddy was sooooooooo light (10 lbs). i bought it, and they installed it for me.

i heard that this exhaust was waaaaaaaaaaaay loud. but this wasn't the case!!!!!!!!!

it sounded great!!!!!! i didn't even use the silencer!!!!!!!!! :)

the car runs great right now!!!!!!!!!!! just need that ohlins or zeal suspension and some volks and i will be one super happy guy!!!!!!!!!!

if i didn't have the great norcalevo community here as support, i wouldn't have this p2 flash from WORKS!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS/GALS!!!!!!! :D

ttyl and happy motoring!!!!!!!!!!
-john aka jbigelow

brwnrice
03-01-2004, 10:13 PM
oohhhhh....aaaahhhhh :o :o :o titanium

JanSolo
03-01-2004, 10:14 PM
So how do you like YOUR P2 flash, Mr Brownrice??

evo_dadi
03-01-2004, 10:18 PM
post pics for the greddy titanium man :)

brwnrice
03-01-2004, 10:19 PM
it's BRWNRICE, not BROWNRICE! your messing up my style Jan.

p2 flash is awesome! best mod i ever bought for the car. boost comes in earlier and maintain it through red line! oh yeah, i noticed that my gas mileage increased.

evo_dadi
03-01-2004, 10:21 PM
sure gerald or either that youre just driving faster now so wherever youre going youre there early ;)

nebolic
03-01-2004, 10:30 PM
jbigelow doesnt joke around man, he modded his car quick style. thats good stuff john, glad you enjoy the flash and the exhaust. cant wait to check out your exhaust. also thanks for checking up on me, it's really nice of you. ahhhh norcalevo.net my 2nd home.

so john whats next on your shopping list. i know some new mods is gonna pop reallly soon.

man the sac crew is getting modded. woohooo.

brwnrice
03-01-2004, 10:32 PM
sure gerald or either that youre just driving faster now so wherever youre going youre there early ;)

hahaha, i'm still running on "filipino" time. gotta arrive fashionably late ya know?

jbigs, whats the next mod man?

evo_dadi
03-01-2004, 10:36 PM
aww cmon man like what rex said "were time travelers we are never late" ;)

post some pics jbigs,how close is it to the bumper?

vtluu
03-01-2004, 10:39 PM
i heard that this exhaust was waaaaaaaaaaaay loud. but this wasn't the case!
That's cool, I've been eyeing (or should I say, lusting after? ;)) this exhaust for a while. Did you get a high-flow cat too or does it bolt on to the stock cat?

Anyway we'll have to do a recording/sound test on this system--if you don't mind of course--at the next meet. I'm probably not the only one keenly interested in this exhaust. 8)

SouthernCrane
03-01-2004, 10:52 PM
Pics on the car?

GReddy_917
03-01-2004, 11:04 PM
I love GReddy products...so much in fact that I named myself after them! umm....of course the kicker is that I havent owned any GReddy products since 1999....

thomas
03-01-2004, 11:37 PM
:D congrats mang on your "new" ride :D

im glad you won that flash, and jumped rite into an exhaust. that greddy titanium has got to be the sweetest exhaust, if not the lightest.

good sh!t fool!o 8) *thumbs up*

BluEvo
03-01-2004, 11:56 PM
man john, u don't play bro! u were on those mods like white on rice. i think u set a world record! lolz thats cool though, i'm glad to hear that u r enjoying ur new toy. 8)

jbigelow
03-01-2004, 11:58 PM
ok guys, thanx for the praises, but your guys' evos are just as clean and cool if not better!!!!!!!!!!! :)

it was raining almost all day, so the car is very embarrassing dirty.

i work tomorrow (tuesday) so pix won't be up till wednesday and not until after i wash the car.

my buddy mike at SACRAMENTO MOTORING ACCESSORIES took pix of the exhaust before and after the install. i'll bug him for the pix. ;)

if ya need GREDDY parts or want a group buy, let me know.

i'll post pix soon.

VTLUU - it is a cat back muffler.

EVO_DADI - it fits perfectly in the center and not too close too the bumper.

-jbigs

SilverBullet
03-02-2004, 12:04 AM
damn thats some good news John.. post up them pics !

evil-al
03-02-2004, 12:06 AM
i'm a new bootie to this forum, also my first post. jbigelow, guess who's this? hint: i'm right behind you!" LOL :lol:

jbigelow
03-02-2004, 12:18 AM
i'm a new bootie to this forum, also my first post. jbigelow, guess who's this? hint: i'm right behind you!" LOL :lol:

lol hahahahah

hey guys/gals,

this is a good friend of mine. he just got his (or should i say girlfriend's) evo8 the night of the hayward meet last saturday. he owns a radio shop in oakland called AUDIOMOBILE and has high end stereo equipment there. anyways, he's a PROFESSIONAL radio and alarm installer. i would never have anyone but evo-al touch my radio or alarm.

anyways, give a warm welcome to this guy!!!!!!!!!!!

NEBOLIC - thos guy should be able to fix your radio install troubles!!!!!

wilson1
03-02-2004, 12:20 AM

lol hahahahah

hey guys/gals,

this is a good friend of mine. he just got his (or should i say girlfriend's) evo8 the night of the hayward meet last saturday. he owns a radio shop in oakland called AUDIOMOBILE and has high end stereo equipment there. anyways, he's a PROFESSIONAL radio and alarm installer. i would never have anyone but evo-al touch my radio or alarm.

anyways, give a warm welcome to this guy!!!!!!!!!!!

NEBOLIC - thos guy should be able to fix your radio install troubles!!!!!

Wow,, that's great!
Group buy on radio and alarms!!

nebolic
03-02-2004, 12:21 AM
gotcha john, i'll be PM evil-Al very soon.

word

jbigelow
03-03-2004, 09:24 PM
ok here are the pix of the greddy titanium exhaust you requested.

click on link:

http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/modules.php?set_albumName=album33&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

-jbigs

ob4
03-03-2004, 10:09 PM
the exhaust looks great... white is a very good choice... :lol:
do you mind sharing the purchase price with us?

thomas
03-03-2004, 10:18 PM
oooooo, thats phucking s!ck, jbigs...

awesome 8) very nice pickup...

vtluu
03-03-2004, 10:30 PM
jbigelow, I moved the exhaust photos into your member gallery (http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/modules.php?set_albumName=album53&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php). Here they are:

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album53/my_evo_viii_002_2.jpg

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album53/my_evo_viii_001_2.jpg

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album53/my_evo_viii_005_2.jpg

Looks great by the way! :cool:

jbigelow
03-03-2004, 10:59 PM
jbigelow, I moved the exhaust photos into your member gallery (http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/modules.php?set_albumName=album53&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php).

Looks great by the way! :cool:

thanx vtluu!!!!!!! :D

OB4 - thanx for the compliment. the shop owner where i bought the exhaust from is a long time friend. he hooked me up with a decent price and made me promise not to tell. he said if anyone else wants one to just let him know john mendoza with the evo sent you and he'll take care of you. he will beat anyone's advertised price.

thomas - thanx!!!!! :D

GokuSSJ4
03-03-2004, 11:29 PM
wow that looks great !! how much was it and do you know if they have a turbo back 3' available (all the way threw )
also do you plan to dyno the car to see results with the p2 and cat back ??

jbigelow
03-03-2004, 11:55 PM
wow that looks great !! how much was it and do you know if they have a turbo back 3' available (all the way threw )

hey goku - no turbo back titanium greddy yet. that would be sick!!!!!!!!
the place i bought it from was Sacramento Motoring Accessories in sacramento, ca. ask for mike and tell him john mendoza with the evo sent ya.

yeah, i will eventually get a dyno, bu i wish i had a stock base dyno. :(

-jbigs

brwnrice
03-03-2004, 11:58 PM
:drool: drooling on that beautiful titanium tip

evo_dadi
03-04-2004, 12:03 AM
aww cmon gerald you just had yours for a week now and you want another one now :)

brwnrice
03-04-2004, 12:06 AM
i get tired of things fast....i might end up with that greddy exhaust or the jic's next month

evo_dadi
03-04-2004, 12:11 AM
lol how about the evo then ;)

jbigelow
03-04-2004, 12:23 AM
i get tired of things fast....i might end up with that greddy exhaust or the jic's next month

WHAT!!!!!!!!!! you are truly a filipino!!!!!!!!!!!! and a balla balla at that!!!!! :lol: lol hahaha

-jbigs

SouthernCrane
03-04-2004, 08:21 AM
Looks Great JBig!

DB8GSR
03-04-2004, 09:29 AM
Looks Great JBig!

I second that. :D

Btw... is that the PE2 exhaust? If so.. which one. Power Extreme or Power Evolution.

luckistryke
03-05-2004, 01:49 AM
Congrad on your new toy and new mods...thanks for letting me drive your ride on Wednesday Big J..your car was crazy fast yo..see you on Friday

warpspeed
03-05-2004, 09:25 AM
That is a god damn great looking exhaust. I am having secong thoughts about my RMR now. I have to hear your car homie and probably make that plundge.

BluEvo
03-05-2004, 06:43 PM

WHAT!!!!!!!!!! you are truly a filipino!!!!!!!!!!!! and a balla balla at that!!!!! :lol: lol hahaha

-jbigs

he sure is....hahah! next thing you know he will be getting a new car... :lol:

brwnrice
03-05-2004, 07:22 PM
dont know bout getting a new car and all but if i do get a new car i'll be getting the new toyota prius

GReddy_917
03-05-2004, 08:16 PM
dont know bout getting a new car and all but if i do get a new car i'll be getting the new toyota prius
:sneaky:

brwnrice
03-05-2004, 09:45 PM
the toyota prius will blow our evos away in a long distance battle

jbigelow
03-05-2004, 10:32 PM
southern crane - thanx for the comment bro!!!!!!!!!

db8gsr - thanx for the comment also!!!!!!!!

it's the greddy full titanium race exhaust

here is the link:

http://www.greddy.com/products/product_detail.asp?catidx=&catname=&prodtype=&prodtypename=&productidx=290

luckistrike - my car is not that fast, but fast enough. there are a lot of other guys here with krazy fast mods!!!!!!!!
you need to get an evo bro!!!!!!!!! :D

anyways, if anyone here needs tint or a clear bra, this is the guy for the job. excellent work and excellent customer service!!!!!!!! if ya want ot see his clear bra work, just look at my car!!!!!!!!

warpspeed - keep the exhaust you have and just get some suspension mods and wheels for now, get another exhaust laer, like a turbo back, haha!!!!!!!!!

brwnrice - tyota prius...... blah!!!!! the works p2 flash helped my gas mieage - haha

vtluu
03-06-2004, 01:01 AM
the toyota prius will blow our evos away in a long distance battle
It's actually a really cool car, technologically speaking--has more electronic gadgets and bells and whistles than cars twice its price. Appeals to all my geeky sensibilities. :lol: I wish it put out a bit more power and I wish the rear end wasn't quite so... um... unique. Actually I pulled up behind an '03 Prius the other day and was surprised to see it had a normal sedan like rear end with a nice spoiler too. Too bad they don't make 'em like that anymore...

What I'd really like to see is someone autocross a Prius... :shock:

GokuSSJ4
03-09-2004, 11:09 AM

hey goku - no turbo back titanium greddy yet. that would be sick!!!!!!!!
the place i bought it from was Sacramento Motoring Accessories in sacramento, ca. ask for mike and tell him john mendoza with the evo sent ya.

yeah, i will eventually get a dyno, bu i wish i had a stock base dyno. :(

-jbigs
thanks !!
yeah we all wish for a dyno base before all the mods , but now is to late....:? oh well....

jbigelow
03-09-2004, 11:15 AM
just met up with silverbullet at SMA (sacramento motoring accessories). he just bought and installed the greddy titanium on his silver evo.

looks and sounds good!!!!!!!!!!

congrats silverbullet!!!!!!!!!

SilverBullet
03-09-2004, 01:13 PM
Thanks...jbigelow...I'm having fun wit it.. sounds clean !

warpspeed
03-09-2004, 03:16 PM
so how much did it set you back for the exhaust. I am planning on getting one also but then John and I will have identical Evos.........cool.

jbigelow
03-09-2004, 05:47 PM
so how much did it set you back for the exhaust. I am planning on getting one also but then John and I will have identical Evos.........cool.

hey warpspeed,

silverbullet got it for $940 otd installed.

-jbigs