PDA

View Full Version : plugs and wires.

Deviousone209
09-20-2005, 06:49 AM
has anyone had a problem with the nology wires on thire evo? i also was gonna go with denso iridium one step colder plugs. oh and one more thing...Best intake and BOV?

Matz
09-20-2005, 07:01 AM
has anyone had a problem with the nology wires on thire evo? i also was gonna go with denso iridium one step colder plugs. oh and one more thing...Best intake and BOV?

Sorry, don't have any advice on the plugs, as I would probably just stick with stock or Ralliart. I heard that Magnacor has some fitment issues.

Best intake: stock airbox (if you want to try an HKS Super Mega Flow anyway, let me know because I am selling one almost brand new for $75).

Best BOV: not a BOV, but full recirc -- JDM MR DV from what I've been told by pretty much everyone on the planet. But if you need the BOV sound, then the GFB BOV may be a good choice, because you can dial in the "sound", and then when you end up with drivability / idling issues, you can dial it to full recirc. However, I think the spring rate isn't as high as the JDM MR DV, but maybe you can swap it out for another one?

warpspeed
09-20-2005, 08:53 AM
Nology wires are a piece of sh*t, save your money. Magnecore wires are crap also because they don't seal well on the plug hole. RalliArt wires seems to be the best so far and seals great and also seems to smooth out my idle. As for the plugs, I stay with the stock Iridium/platinium hybrid plugs. You don't really need a colder plug unless you did alot of mods to the motor. For the recirculation valve, the JDM MR valve seems to work better than our plastic ones, but then again, not all Evos are they same. I heard some have some idle problem with the MR valve. I have a K&N drop-in filter and seems pretty good.

EvoVIII
09-20-2005, 10:42 AM
Stock plugs, airbox, wires is the best, just change the airfilter

evo_dadi
09-20-2005, 08:29 PM
its wierd that a lot of people are having issues with the magnecor wires luckily i dont :D use the ngk bpr7es copper plugs with a drop in intake filter like the hks or k&n.if youre not planning on boosting high just stick with the stock or swap it out with the jdm dv instead.

earlyapex
09-20-2005, 09:58 PM
Use stock plugs or for a cheaper alternative, NGK BPR7ES. About 10bucks a set of 4.

Work fine. Make sure you gap them to .025 or .026

They come gapped to about .032 out of the box.

evo_dadi
09-20-2005, 10:19 PM
Use stock plugs or for a cheaper alternative, NGK BPR7ES. About 10bucks a set of 4.

Work fine. Make sure you gap them to .025 or .026

They come gapped to about .032 out of the box.

kragen here sells them for $2 a piece :lol:

earlyapex
09-20-2005, 10:45 PM
kragen here sells them for $2 a piece :lol:

8 bux is "about 10bux" with tax. TIA. 8)

vtluu
09-21-2005, 12:18 AM
25% tax? Where do you live, Canada? :lol:

evo_dadi
09-21-2005, 12:32 AM
:lol:

earlyapex
09-21-2005, 10:04 AM
25% tax? Where do you live, Canada? :lol:

jesus krist I said ABOUT 10bux

8bux 9 bux 11bux 12bux, all around 10 bux.

vtluu
09-21-2005, 11:19 AM
Are you sure you didn't say ABOOT 10 bux?

dohcvtec
09-21-2005, 11:20 AM
I'd go with stock wires, plugs, intake (drop in filter maybe), and an JDM MR OEM BOV. :)

earlyapex
09-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Are you sure you didn't say ABOOT 10 bux?

http://images.allposters.com/images/peph/sb1b2.jpg

AreSTG
10-07-2005, 03:46 AM
if you get an intake you wont need a BOV, on my MR the intake reverberates the sound out and is as loud as alot of BOV's. However i wouldnt do intake w/o a tune, cuz i lost .5 sec in the 1/4 mile when i put on intake before a reflash.

also, two evo owners i know had and got rid of the HKS intake cuz the filter shrunk from heat and had a gap letting in unfiltered air. I have a reactive now(same thing basically) and dont have the problem. Spool-up and Blow off are VERY loud. However, i have an MR valve, maybe yours needs replaced for performance reasons too? being platic i mean.

best bang-for-buck performance and simplest is a reflash. I recomend www.ttp-engineering.com for it but theres alot of choices out there. jester tuning is good too.

TogueMonster
10-07-2005, 05:56 AM
Intake: HKS Super Filter drop in replacement
BOV: JDM MR valve if recirculating, HKS SSQV (SuperSquishyValve) VTA BTW:The HKS doesnt sound anywhere near as good if you recirculate it, I already tried it. :(

Evo442
10-07-2005, 06:12 AM

Sorry, don't have any advice on the plugs, as I would probably just stick with stock or Ralliart. I heard that Magnacor has some fitment issues.

Best intake: stock airbox (if you want to try an HKS Super Mega Flow anyway, let me know because I am selling one almost brand new for $75).

Best BOV: not a BOV, but full recirc -- JDM MR DV from what I've been told by pretty much everyone on the planet. But if you need the BOV sound, then the GFB BOV may be a good choice, because you can dial in the "sound", and then when you end up with drivability / idling issues, you can dial it to full recirc. However, I think the spring rate isn't as high as the JDM MR DV, but maybe you can swap it out for another one?

Even setting the GFB BOV to full recirc will not fix all idle/stall problems. I finally had to sell my GFB because I couldn't dial out the stalling problems. stick with the stock bov

xchoirboy
10-07-2005, 06:34 AM
JDM MR or GFB for your filter I wouls stay with drop in you could always go with Works (http://worksrally.com)