PDA

View Full Version : Run the big track at Willow Springs Oct. 25

Richard EVO
09-25-2005, 12:53 PM
Take a day off in the middle of the week and run the "fastest road in the west" -- the big track at Willow Springs Int'l Raceway with American Car Racing Assn. (alter-ego of Open Track Racing). I am not an organizer, I'm just a driver, but I have run with this group before and it is very laid back with plenty of seat time.

It's very reasonable at $145 for the day, or $150 if you pay by PayPal. Go to www.americancarracing.com to sign up. Tell Johnny that Richard EVO sent you (no, I don't get a commission). Hope to see you there.

earlyapex
09-25-2005, 01:07 PM
Richard you open track WAY too much. You should just start racing. 8)

Richard EVO
09-25-2005, 02:01 PM
I'm too slow. :lol:

hagakure
09-25-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm too slow. :lol:

but you are having a ball, and that's the most important part bro.......

Richard EVO
09-25-2005, 02:14 PM
In all seriousness, I am approaching respectable lap times at some of the Calif./Nev. tracks, but am disappointed with my times at other tracks. I feel pretty comfortable at Big Willow, Laguna Seca, Streets of Willow and Reno-Fernley.

I am still slow at Buttonwillow, even though I have run it a lot, and very slow at Thunderhill, but have only been there a couple of times. I think I need some good instruction, especially at T-hill. The off-camber turns, 3 and 5b, scare my butt off.

No way am I to the point of club racing, although maybe with another year of HPDE and driving schools I might go for my racing license. I can run in the "Old Guys" class. :lol:

Cameron@xperformance
09-25-2005, 03:14 PM
I think I need some good instruction, especially at T-hill. The off-camber turns, 3 and 5b, scare my butt off.
come to the ncrc event next week, my dad can give you some good instruction

earlyapex
09-25-2005, 04:27 PM
The off-camber turns, 3 and 5b, scare my butt off.:

Hug the inside of 3 and it's not even off-camber. 8)

hagakure
09-25-2005, 04:29 PM
The off-camber turns, 3 and 5b, scare my butt off.:

Hug the inside of 3 and it's not even off-camber. 8)

Agreed...that's the fastest line through that corner with an Evo. 5B is just a matter of getting into a rythm, and not trying to go to fast on entry.