PDA

View Full Version : New 05 RR GSR owner

savaho
09-25-2005, 08:53 PM
Hi everyone. New evo gsr owner here and proud member of norcal evo. I purchased my evo from Capitol City mitsubishi in sacramento but picked it up in el cerrito, CA. Anyhow, I was wondering if any other rally red owners out there noticed the slight variation in paint between the bumpers and body? I used to work as an automotive paint expert and this issue kind of bothers me. I tried to bring it to Capital City's attention and they referred the matter to a mitsu rep who gave me the same ol' excuse of "All vehicles from the factory are going to have this issue and it is quite normal to have a slight variation in color." I had the same issue with a honda civic and the dealership warranteed it. You can even see it in the pic below. Maybe I'm a little anal but still, this is no honda civic and I expect a little bit more when I'm paying all this money for it.

http://www.robertcasipit.com/albums/starting-to-mod/100_2747.sized.jpg

wilson1
09-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Welcome!

My yellow GSR and my GG MR has the same type of problems.
Not much you can really do.

byt
09-25-2005, 09:21 PM
Indeed, welcome! 8) You'll quickly learn that mitsu dealers are quite stingy when it comes to any warranty issues. Especially on the evo...

lncrevoviii
09-25-2005, 09:51 PM
mitsu dealers are quite stingy when it comes to any warranty issues. Especially on the evo...

Agree :tisk:

anyway, welcome to norcal :peewee: .net
Enjoy.

kimmievo
09-25-2005, 09:53 PM
Welcome to NCE!!!!

DeaDenD
09-25-2005, 09:53 PM
welcome!

missred
09-25-2005, 10:42 PM
Hi everyone. New evo gsr owner here and proud member of norcal evo. I purchased my evo from Capitol City mitsubishi in sacramento but picked it up in el cerrito, CA. Anyhow, I was wondering if any other rally red owners out there noticed the slight variation in paint between the bumpers and body?

http://www.robertcasipit.com/albums/starting-to-mod/100_2747.sized.jpg

I like you also have a RR and yes mine also has this variation from bumper to body. Anyhow welcome nice choice in color by the way... :D

toasty
09-25-2005, 11:03 PM
Welcome to the family :wave:

vtluu
09-25-2005, 11:12 PM
Ah, I remember when my car looked that new and shiny. Now it's covered with cone marks and rock chips. But hey that's just because I've had a ton of fun with it. :)

Welcome!

savaho
09-25-2005, 11:53 PM
Ah, I remember when my car looked that new and shiny. Now it's covered with cone marks and rock chips. But hey that's just because I've had a ton of fun with it. :)

Welcome!

toasty
09-26-2005, 10:43 AM

Welcome!

Thanks for the warm reception. Funny thing is, 2 days after bringing the car home my daughter was standing next to the evo and twirling around like a ballerina and got dizzy, she started to fall and she put all of her weight on the right-quarter panel and pushed it in. It popped back out but now I see a crease in it. It's hardly noticeable to most people but with my past line of work, I spot things like that almost instantly. I damn near cried when she dented it. *sigh* Now it feels like my car has lost that new status. :(

In the matter of speaking, lets just say that it is broken in and now to have some fun with the car. :D

ZK
09-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the warm reception. Funny thing is, 2 days after bringing the car home my daughter was standing next to the evo and twirling around like a ballerina and got dizzy, she started to fall and she put all of her weight on the right-quarter panel and pushed it in. It popped back out but now I see a crease in it. It's hardly noticeable to most people but with my past line of work, I spot things like that almost instantly. I damn near cried when she dented it. *sigh* Now it feels like my car has lost that new status. :(

In the matter of speaking, lets just say that it is broken in and now to have some fun with the car. :D

There's a difference between "broken in" and just "broken".. haha

toasty
09-26-2005, 01:00 PM

There's a difference between "broken in" and just "broken".. haha
Silly, person... :nana:

lancerboy
09-26-2005, 10:25 PM
don't worry about those minor imperfections. you'll get over it after sometime.

anyways, welcome to NCE 8)

LEVIII
09-26-2005, 11:21 PM
Welcome to NCE!!!!

I cant really notice it in the pic but I have to look at my white one now and see if mine has the same prob.

EIther way you got a nice looking car there.

BTW, where is Plumas Lake? By Sac?

savaho
09-27-2005, 05:11 AM
Welcome to NCE!!!!

I cant really notice it in the pic but I have to look at my white one now and see if mine has the same prob.

EIther way you got a nice looking car there.

BTW, where is Plumas Lake? By Sac?

Plumas Lake is a new development community off of 70 right before Yuba City/Marysville. It's right by the sleep train amphitheatre.

EvoRS_Mitch
09-28-2005, 09:53 AM
WELCOME! :D

CupertinoRedEvoVIII
10-06-2005, 03:10 PM
I got an 03 evo but my bumper can hardly tell the inperfections or maybe just me.

anyways welcome to NCE :D