PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket sway bar mounts?

dohcvtec
09-26-2005, 06:41 PM
Are there any aftermarket sway bar mounts out there? Only ones I could find come with the perrin bar.

vtluu
09-26-2005, 06:43 PM
Are there any aftermarket sway bar mounts out there? Only ones I could find come with the perrin bar.
The Hotchkis swaybar comes with its own mounts. The WORKS swaybar reuses the stock mounts with a new polyurethane bushing.

dohcvtec
09-26-2005, 06:54 PM
The Hotchkis swaybar comes with its own mounts. The WORKS swaybar reuses the stock mounts with a new polyurethane bushing.
Ya, I've got the works bar. It broke the stock mount, so I want something stronger :P That or get stiffer spring rates in the rear so not so much stress goes onto the bar.

SJCoruja
09-26-2005, 10:17 PM
For $140 I will sell you my RRE upgraded bushings and mounts, and I'll even throw in the rear swaybar to sweeten the deal! LOL ;)

Seriously though, check with RRE and see if they will sell the mounts that they ship with their sway bars seperately.

earlyapex
09-26-2005, 10:25 PM
I run a whiteline bar with stock mounts and have had no problem what-so-ever. I thought I might when I first installed it because of everyone else.

Problem free for 12,000 miles and 5 track events.

dohcvtec
09-26-2005, 10:33 PM
I run a whiteline bar with stock mounts and have had no problem what-so-ever. I thought I might when I first installed it because of everyone else.

Problem free for 12,000 miles and 5 track events.
I'm guessing its becuase I have the Works ride springs which are a softer rate, therefore putting more stress through the sway bar.

methods4
09-27-2005, 10:20 AM
For $140 I will sell you my RRE upgraded bushings and mounts, and I'll even throw in the rear swaybar to sweeten the deal! LOL ;)

Seriously though, check with RRE and see if they will sell the mounts that they ship with their sway bars seperately.

http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5636

dohcvtec
09-27-2005, 10:58 AM
Ooh baby I like it raw, yeah baby I like it raaww!

SJCoruja
09-27-2005, 11:01 AM

http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5636

LOL Yeah, I knew about the price drop and actually posted it with my for sale thread on the swaybar so people knew they could get them new for a bit more. Also was just joking with Mike but at the same time pointing out a possible resource for buying the mounts by themselves at RRE. :)

methods4
09-27-2005, 07:41 PM

Shimmy shimmy ya, shimmy yam, shimmy yay.

SouthernCrane
09-27-2005, 08:30 PM

gimme the mic so i could take it away.

dohcvtec
09-28-2005, 11:56 AM
For those who want to see the carnage:

http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/uploads//1127281254/med_gallery_106_2_19910.jpg

http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/uploads//1127281254/med_gallery_106_2_7273.jpg

EvolvedDSM
09-28-2005, 12:42 PM
It almost looks like part of the bracket is missing, but it's hard to distinguish in the pic. What bushings are those? The WORKS items should be blue. Another possibility is if the dimple on the bracket wasn't properly seated in the rectangular cutout. Considering where the fracture occured, this seems likely.

The WORKS springs are stiffer than stock, not softer and should reduce stress on the bar components--although this is going to partially depend on what setting you're using.

earlyapex
09-28-2005, 01:25 PM
Why does your bar look like ass already? You go off roading?

dohcvtec
09-28-2005, 01:36 PM
Why does your bar look like ass already? You go off roading?
Haha, I bought it used off cokofellah, which he got used from Works. So, its been around the block a few times. :P

I'm not sure about the bushings since this bar was 2nd hand. I do know it is one of the earliest Works sway bars that they used on their old car. I'm 99% sure I lined up the bracket correctly. My other thought is since I used the same brakets Patrick had, when he totalled his car, maybe they were overstressed when I got them? I still have my original mounts, I'll throw one on (making sure I line it up correctly) and see how it does. I've been driving around on full stiff on the bar since July (track day).

EvolvedDSM
09-28-2005, 01:43 PM
Reusing Patrick's bar wasn't the best idea ;) Looking at that car makes me cry and seeing how jacked it was trying to tear everything worth having out of it wouldn't surprise me if it was damaged to begin with. That bar has been around the block alright... I don't even think it was powdercoated to begin with.

dohcvtec
09-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Reusing Patrick's bar wasn't the best idea ;) Looking at that car makes me cry and seeing how jacked it was trying to tear everything worth having out of it wouldn't surprise me if it was damaged to begin with. That bar has been around the block alright... I don't even think it was powdercoated to begin with.
Haha, is there a bad omen on this bar? I think the bar itself is ok. Maybe Works would buy it back as a momento? LOL

methods4
09-28-2005, 11:25 PM

gimme the mic so i could take it away.

Off on a natural charge, bon voyage!.... something something something Brooklyn Dodger Squad. WU TANG! Killa bees on the swarm. Rain your college ass disco dorm...

...and I can't remember the rest off the top of my head... :P

Swaybar content: I love the way your swaybar looks Mike!