PDA

View Full Version : New Tanabe coilover

ZK
09-29-2005, 12:27 PM
Anyone know/hear about this? This is supposed to be their answer to the Flex and Zero2E.

http://tanabe-usa.com/images/sevenTEASer.jpg

wilson1
09-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Hummm, u know what i would say,, :lol:

hphan
09-29-2005, 01:44 PM
I just put on a set of Tanabe Sustec Pro coilovers and they are F!@#king great. Softer and more comfortable than the stiff stock macpherson suspension, and better performance. Tanabe is an underated JDM brand that is the best for it's money. I wouldn't be surprised if these are as good as advertised.

And no I'm not a Tanabe salesman or marketing agent. :D

hellz Evo
10-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Tanabe coil overs are excellent for auto cross and street applications. Our #2 Evo will be the first to test these for tanabe mid this month. You guys are welcome to come by and take a ride.

blitzkrgCT9A
10-01-2005, 01:21 PM
I just put on a set of Tanabe Sustec Pro coilovers and they are F!@#king great. Softer and more comfortable than the stiff stock macpherson suspension, and better performance. Tanabe is an underated JDM brand that is the best for it's money. I wouldn't be surprised if these are as good as advertised.

And no I'm not a Tanabe salesman or marketing agent. :D

I agree.. Tanabe is somewhat underrated here in U.S.. The truth is, they are a big manufacturer in suspension components in Japan. And they recently just acquired SSR, Japan and is currently pulling it from bankruptcy.

jeffreywrc
10-01-2005, 02:16 PM
IMHO, as long as "MADE IN JAPAN" means reliable quality and they won't suck.

ZK
10-21-2005, 11:38 AM
There's some more info out on it now.. apparently vendors are getting it sometime in November and MSRP is 1980.

The Seven is the coilover and the TEAS is the auto adjusting feature.

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/images/Coilovers/SusProSEVEN.jpg
http://www.tanabe-usa.com/images/Coilovers/img_7_compare.jpg
http://www.tanabe-usa.com/images/Coilovers/img_7_shockdyno.jpg
The Slide Valve of the SUSTEC PRO SEVEN allows a massive range of Actual Dampening Force, meaning each dampener setting greatly changes the personality and handling of the vehicle.

Competitor dampeners have a much smaller range of actual dampening force due to limitations of their internal valving design, resulting in unnecessarily large amount of settings within a tiny actual dampening range-- the settings may in reality have little impact on the actual handling dynamics of the vehicle. This results in many suspension kits that are severely limited to one type of driving or motorsport.

Each of SUSTEC PRO SEVEN’S dampener settings have impact and purpose, they are designed purely for function to conquer all types of driving. SEVEN lets the automotive enthusiast enjoy every form of driving sports.

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/images/Coilovers/img_teas_active.jpg

Active Mode

This mode takes readings from the vehicle speed sensor to automatically make changes to dampener settings for the front and/or rear of the vehicle.

When programming TEAS, you may program up to 9 'triggers' that occur when you reach a variety of speeds. Iincrements of as little as 5mph can trigger a dampener setting change.

Once Active Mode is programmed and turned on, TEAS will automatically adjust settings as your drive.

Function:

For any road, be it a circuit, city street, or winding road, there was usually never one single 'perfect' suspension setting. One dampener setting could be good for one high speed turn, and then it would cause understeer on a lower speed corner. This concept of suspension setting is changed with TEAS Active Mode, and allows drivers more control, and less compromise on performance.

Because handling characteristics change within fractions of a second, it would be nearly impossible to attempt manually adjusting while driving. TEAS is a different concept due to high flexibility of the ACTIVE MODE, since the suspension will continuously adjust according to how you chose to program it.

Memory Storage
TEAS uses onboard flash memory to store settings. This onboard memory means that memory settings can be saved and recalled, even when the battery is disconnected. TEAS can store four manual mode presets which also work as Active Mode 'base maps.' One Active mode program may be saved for a total of Eight settings. TEAS also has backup memory onboard, should you wish to restore default settings.

TogueMonster
10-21-2005, 12:13 PM
I saw these and I thought "Wow, nice!" But then again I started thinking, Are coilovers that cost $2k and above really worth the extra cash??? I mean, I get the TEAS or the TEIN EDFC, but otherwise, are they really going to make that much of a difference from coilovers that cost half as much, like the entry level setups? I cant imagine them really shedding seconds off lap times or anything that would justify paying twice as much. Stocks are great, a step above that is sweet but IMHO I consider anything that is way over that to be unnecessary. Maybe I just dont know anything and someone here will school me. :sneaky:

warpspeed
10-21-2005, 12:24 PM
I saw these and I thought "Wow, nice!" But then again I started thinking, Are coilovers that cost $2k and above really worth the extra cash??? I mean, I get the TEAS or the TEIN EDFC, but otherwise, are they really going to make that much of a difference from coilovers that cost half as much, like the entry level setups? I cant imagine them really shedding seconds off lap times or anything that would justify paying twice as much. Stocks are great, a step above that is sweet but IMHO I consider anything that is way over that to be unnecessary. Maybe I just dont know anything and someone here will school me. :sneaky:

When it comes to coilovers, it's up to you what your intentions are. Some guys get Zeals just to brag but never track their cars and some just get coilovers for the easability of installation (like me) :) . But there are those that get the high end coilovers and "plan" on tracking their cars in the future but by the time they do, it's time to rebuild them. (more money spent) :? . I would say more but I don't want to get flamed. Let's just say "it's your car, do with it as you want". :)

earlyapex
10-21-2005, 12:55 PM
It's all in the set-up.

I have toy $1200 Apexi coilovers and so far they are good enough for 2:05's at Thunderhill, and I am still fine tuning them.

The Apexi coilovers I am running are excellent around town coilovers for the price. I would suggest anyone looking into coilovers to take a look at them.

Tony (methods4) runs $1500 TEIN Flexes and so far they are good enough for 2:07's at Thunderhill as well.

TogueMonster
10-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Anywhere around $1k seems reasonable to me. That, I think would get me a nice firm setup. $1500 for Flexes or Super Streets would be twistin my arm, cuz I could add the EDFC. But above that, I probably wouldnt touch em'. Sure I had dreams of Zeal's, Cusco Zero2's and now the Tanabe's. I'd definitely get em tho, if I had three Evos and fixed peoples grills for a living, hint hint!! :lol: :lol:

P.S. earlyapex, that f**king Hulk Hogan kills me whenever I see it. I hear the famous "You know what BROTHER....?" quotes playin back in my head EVERY time. :lol: