PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in NCal with Buschur turbo upgrade?

Evo442
10-02-2005, 08:09 PM
I'm currently running the Works TR340 package. Have been very pleased with it, however I've found myself becoming accustomed to the power and am looking for a little more ummph at the track.

The car is my daily driver, so maintaining driveability is important. I also want it to look stock inside the engine compartment. I am not concerned with bragging rights or high peak numbers as much as a broad useable powerband.

All the hype has made me curious about the White Rabbit, but I am the most serious about the BUSCHUR RACING EVO 8 TME 20G TURBO.

Anyone around Sacramento have this turbo... Especially someone willing to give me a ride??!!

Also, anyone with comments or experience w/ this turbo?

evo_dadi
10-02-2005, 08:14 PM
so far from what i read on evom :lol: the only issue with the buschur 20g is the surging of boost but supposedly can be fixed by an adjustable bov.the other 2 options for a stock looking turbo woudl be the tme ti and the WR.

earlyapex
10-02-2005, 08:19 PM
You could probably make alot more power with better curves on teh stocker turbo if you get a custom tune and some changes here and there.

but that's just my opinion.

Evo442
10-02-2005, 08:37 PM
You could probably make alot more power with better curves on teh stocker turbo if you get a custom tune and some changes here and there.

but that's just my opinion.

Hey Bryan - define "a lot"... I'd like to eventually get to say 350whp on a mustang dyno?

BTW, did you do your own tuning with your SAFC?

earlyapex
10-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Hey Bryan - define "a lot"... I'd like to eventually get to say 350whp on a mustang dyno?

BTW, did you do your own tuning with your SAFC?

You won't be getting 350whp on a mustang with a WR or BR20G I can tell you that. Maybe with race gas and ultra-man boost, but at that point those smaller turbos are going to be heating up tons , espically at track events with that high of boost. With 91 octane, I think it would be very hard to get 320whp+ on a mustang dyno. But, at the end of the day, I haven't seen or heard much about the BR 20G to really give an accurate opinion, but it's not a big variation from the WR turbo, shove a bigger wheel into a bored-out stock compressor housing. They already tried this years ago in DSM land, and the numbers weren't very impressive then either.

What dyno numbers / curves are you making now? Have you dynoed your car?

Yes, I tune my own car.

In my honest opinion, wait for a good larger bolt-on turbo option, without wacky adapters and other crap, which makes the current ones very non-stealth like. They will come, it will just take some time.

If there was a larger bolt-on turbo available right now, like with DSMs, it would be on my car.

Actually, BR makes his own cast VERY stock looking cast manifold now for his GT30R and GT35R turbo kit now. It looks VERY stock. You can actually bolt up your stock heatshield with a little custom fab for the external wastegate. I am actually very interested in finding out more about. You might want to look into it. The very cool thing about this cast manifold is that it starts to open up doors for more bolt-on turbos. Mix and match.

I think the EVO9 turbo should be interesting too, if the US-version EVO9's do indeed have the same stock turbo as the UK.

methods4
10-02-2005, 11:20 PM
This is one of the main reasons why I haven't upgraded my turdbo either. I'm surprised that Buschur is even trying the 20G wheel in a 16G housing since it never faired well in a DSM. I'm waiting for the Evo equivalent of an FP Green or PTE 50 trim. Cheap, bolt on, big power, nice spool.

Evo442
10-03-2005, 05:51 AM
Hmm... good food for thought, guys. Thx for the input. God, I hate waiting for stuff to come out...

And, yes, i've dyno'd my car. Would have to find the sheet for exact numbers, but if i recall correctly, 265hp/260 torque on mustang dyno in sac.

MarkSAE
10-03-2005, 06:39 AM
Why not slap on a 10.5 hotside? At your power level, I'm guessing you should see a good 10-15whp improvement with it. I saw around a 10whp improvement with mine and I don't have cams.

Evo442
10-03-2005, 12:28 PM
Why not slap on a 10.5 hotside? At your power level, I'm guessing you should see a good 10-15whp improvement with it. I saw around a 10whp improvement with mine and I don't have cams.

4hrs of labor at a shop + the cost of the hotside itself for 10-15hp. Was thinking that if I was doing a turbo upgrade anyway, it would be cheaper to add the hotside at the same time as the turbo... thats all.

Boostd4
10-03-2005, 07:16 PM

4hrs of labor at a shop + the cost of the hotside itself for 10-15hp. Was thinking that if I was doing a turbo upgrade anyway, it would be cheaper to add the hotside at the same time as the turbo... thats all.

Another option would be to look for someone selling a stock 05 and up turbo. Someone out there has to swap to a bigger turbo on a newer Evo sooner or later. I'm assuming it would be fairly easy to swap a stocker for a stocker w/the larger hotside. I haven't personally done it, but from what I've been reading its something you can pull off in your own garage.

lqdchkn
10-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Another option would be to look for someone selling a stock 05 and up turbo. Someone out there has to swap to a bigger turbo on a newer Evo sooner or later. I'm assuming it would be fairly easy to swap a stocker for a stocker w/the larger hotside. I haven't personally done it, but from what I've been reading its something you can pull off in your own garage.

Mike, had to pull the whole assembly a couple weeks ago it can be done in your garage (or driveway) in a day.

MitsuMan
10-04-2005, 10:35 PM
just go Vishnu stage 2 if you are used to your cams.......thats what I'm doing when I win the lotery 8)