PDA

View Full Version : Buschur Downpipe and Exhaust fittiment issues

Nobodyx
10-08-2005, 12:23 PM
When stationary, the downpipe is tight up against the transfer case. In cornering or over bumps there's A LOT of clunking between the two.

Any quick fixes that can remedy this problem?

The mid-pipe occasionally bangs up against the driveshaft as well. :x

earlyapex
10-08-2005, 12:51 PM
This an 05?

Kart boy hangers will help. Or you can call buschur and ask him why his fitments still suck, even after 15 years of putting out parts.

Nobodyx
10-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Yup...an '05. I didn't know Buschur exhausts had fittiment issues. Just my luck.

earlyapex
10-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Yup...an '05. I didn't know Buschur exhausts had fittiment issues. Just my luck.

Alot of DP's won't work on 05's because the transfer case is larger/positioned to the side more so alot of the DP's hit them.

I use a espelier on my MR and it fits but barely.

Kartboy hangers will help the system from moving around.

MarkSAE
10-09-2005, 12:21 AM
Do yourself and your car a favor and get a downpipe that fits right.

Nobodyx
10-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Yup. Sure would be nice if a vendor was upfront about this shit. I normally let things slide when little things get jacked up, but this fittiment issue with the '05 is something Burshur should have disclosed when I placed my order.

So here goes my own Bushur chronicles:

They said that they'd send the exhaust out in "a day or two" when I ordered it. My credit card was charged two days later, so I figured it had shipped (oh, and they can't ship to an address that's not the billing address, which is a pain in the ass for people who, umm, have jobs). Anyhow, I wait a little over a week and call to get a tracking number. The guy who answers the phone checks my order and says that my system hasn't even been made yet. Jesus Christ. He 'bumps it up' in terms of priority. Guess I won't have the exhaust in time for my track day.

So anyhow, it eventually gets shipped and I spend 1/2 the day at home waiting for UPS. The long ass midpipe isn't packaged at all...the tracking number/UPS bar code stickers are affixed to the pipe and the ends have cardboard taped to 'em. I inspect it and surpisingly it's in good condition for being shipped naked.

The box the muffler, downpipe and cat were shipped in...well that's a different story. The hanger brackets cut through the box and when I open it there's about 4 cups of shredded paper settled at the bottom. I didn't really give a crap about any cosmetic damage that came from not properly packaging my pieces, but I did care about the dent the Magnaflow made in the downpipe. Very nice.

I weigh it on a digital scale alongside the factory components. The factory components weigh what they're supposed to, but the Bushur components were heavier than what their site said.

I contacted Buschur and David responded in like an hour. Have to say great customer service! He said I could send the downpipe back and he'd replace it, but that a little dent wouldn't really make a difference in power. Well I didn't pay for a dent, but neither did I didn't want to wait three weeks for a new one. Installed the DP yesterday and now get lots of rattling and banging.

Oh yeah, and the instructions were less than helpful. "Using supplied hardware" would be fine instructions if you knew what exact fastner/spacer to use where. I still have some extra hardware left over that I can't figure out what to do with. And most, if not all hardware I've ever used on any Jap car has been 10, 12, 14, 17 or 19mm. I had to dig through some old toolboxes to find the 16 and 13mm wrenches that I needed for the new bolts. Not a big deal, just another pain in the ass thing.

The power and the sound (not the banging) is great, though. If I had an '04 or '03 I'd be happy. Any group buys on the Espelir DP lemme know....

JDMgrafiteMR
10-09-2005, 09:38 PM
i went with the works dp for my 05...fits great..

EFIxMR
10-12-2005, 12:02 AM
wow thats sucks. i ended up making my own custom downpipe for my 05' MR.

Steiner
10-16-2005, 06:01 PM
i went with the works dp for my 05...fits great..
WORKS is, by all accounts, great but the cost of their 3" DP and 3" highflow cat is simple staggering.

david buschur
10-28-2005, 02:43 PM
First, earlyapex, with your comment my customer service is lacking, so you can kiss my ass.

Next is the issue of the downpipe hitting. Our 3" downpipes do actually fit the 2005's, if they didn't we wouldn't sell them. The ACD is a little fatter on the '05's and that is where the clearance lies. In your particular case I am wondering if something was bent since you said UPS basically played football with it.

You could have called back and spoke with us again and I would have gladly replaced the downpipe, instead we got attacked on here, don't quite understand it.

As for the weight. Our system is advertised as the lightest available and does actually only weigh in at 23 pounds. IF you ordered a Magnaflow muffler that adds about 5 pounds, if you ordered a high flow cat that adds another 5 pounds. If you wanted the lightest system that would be the offroad pipe version and our lightweight muffler.

As for the packaging. We do the best we can, we are limited by the size restrictions from UPS. I'd love to put the entire system in a nice big box with tons of padding. Problem is UPS, Fed Ex nor any other shipping company will except it. Think about something, you are dealing with METAL parts, if they show up bent and damaged don't you think somewhere along the line some butthole was careless with handling them?

Each one of our EVO exhausts costs us no less than $55 to ship, which we include in the price, some cost us over $75, it is because we are already at the maximum size we can ship and charged oversize handling fees.

Thanks for the great support. Your complaints are easier to handle if you just pick up a phone and give us a call.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

earlyapex
10-28-2005, 03:20 PM
First, earlyapex, with your comment my customer service is lacking, so you can kiss my ass.

Sure can. I have been working/owning DSM's for almost 9 years now and guess what. After all these years helping a bunch of people to install parts they bought from you, and it taking 3x as long because of fitment issues and having to cut and/or fabricate things to get them to fit, in almost 9 years I have NEVER bought a part from you for that very reason. I don't want to put those parts on my cars.

It just blows my mind that this is still happening.

gqpenguin
12-19-2005, 10:08 PM
whoa... :o

V8KiLL3R
12-19-2005, 10:20 PM
:shock:

L84AD8
12-19-2005, 10:54 PM
Apex... you are the most entertaining guy on this forum... :lol: 8)

EFIxMR
12-19-2005, 11:17 PM
earlyapex are you trying out for the truth squad :wink:

CACalomino
12-19-2005, 11:37 PM

Sure can. I have been working/owning DSM's for almost 9 years now and guess what. After all these years helping a bunch of people to install parts they bought from you, and it taking 3x as long because of fitment issues and having to cut and/or fabricate things to get them to fit, in almost 9 years I have NEVER bought a part from you for that very reason. I don't want to put those parts on my cars.

It just blows my mind that this is still happening.

As for BR customer service being Bad all I can say is good things about them. I have a 05 GSR and I had a prob with my DP rubbing the ACD once and awile and my mid pipe rattelig off the drive shaft when I bogged it a bit from a stop. I pmed david on EVOm and he gets back to me asap and say's np will take care of it. Now this is where is customer service kicks ass. Not only did he send me another one but I paid for the new one ot be ceramic coated and he sent it out and took care of that for me and sent me the new one with out me having to send back the old one first. So that my car would not be down till I got the new DP. He didnt even charge me a deposit on the new DP just trusted me on good faith to send it back or I would then be charged for it. After I installed the new DP all was well I have a good pinky finger gap now with no rubbing or ratteling and it fixt the mid pipe prob as well. ITs not BR fault all the time UPS sometimes beat up packages and things get bent etc but david and the guys at BR will make good on there promise of a good quality piece.

just my .02

-Chris

earlyapex
12-19-2005, 11:43 PM
sweet my DP fit right the first time.

Stuff usually gets bent when people slap tape and a shipping address on the end of exhuast pipes and send them out as is.

StockEVO
12-20-2005, 12:21 AM
earlyapex = GOT BALLS!

http://www.race-works.com/user/funnies/got_balls.jpg

L84AD8
12-20-2005, 12:23 AM
earlyapex = GOT BALLS!

http://www.race-works.com/user/funnies/got_balls.jpg

:shock: WTF :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wrx2evo8
12-20-2005, 12:27 AM

+1

I don't even want to know how you found this pic..

Matz
12-20-2005, 07:10 AM

+1

He's got a tripod and a timer on his camera. :lol:

just kidding, man.

Yeah, those exhaust parts are a bitch to ship out, as I found out a month or two ago. I wish everyone has a slip fit joint + clamp in the IP like WORKS, so that you can use a normal large shipping box, instead of having to make one from scratch. However, I honestly don't know if having a joint like theirs causes problems in the long run.

Glad to hear that things are working out, and it's good to know that BR has good customer service.

Steiner
12-20-2005, 04:34 PM

+1

Neither do I. :shock:

david buschur
12-21-2005, 03:44 PM
After Camino contacted me and I saw this post from the other guy a few weeks back I went back to the welding department and took a look at our fixture we weld the downpipes in. I figured something had to happen or someone wasn't paying close enough attention. I had Robby, our welder, cut a downpipe and I put it into the fixture. Then we went over his process for welding them. As we are talking I am squeezing the downpipe to the side of the fixture and noticed it was moving. I start looking closer and noticed that a weld on one end of our fixture was snapped off. When the fixture was built this particular weld was never finished 360 degrees.

Anyway, we pulled in an '05 with an ACD and put the downpipe on, re-welded the fixture and now there is more clearance than ever.

Just wanted to put this out there.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Steiner
12-21-2005, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the update Dave. We don't normally get many Evo celebreties on the NorCal boards. :D