PDA

View Full Version : Discuss my progress

EVO GRIM
10-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Please share any thoughs you have on project rebuild.

THanks
Marshall

EVO GRIM
10-08-2005, 06:37 PM
The timing marks seem to be all good. Does that timing belt look loose to you?

Eclipse
10-08-2005, 06:51 PM
From someone else with project cars in a carport: Get that frame rail fixed ASAP and drivetrain reinstalled before it starts to rain! Your project will seriously stall otherwise. But maybe your timeframe allows it.

The belt looks loose from my DSM 4G63s. I would expect no more than 1/4" of deflection. I have to admit I haven't taken the cam belt cover on my EVO yet.

EVO GRIM
10-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Thanks. Target finish is the end of the month. We'll see if the parts from mitsu come in.

earlyapex
10-08-2005, 10:47 PM
timing belt looks fine to me, when you rotate the crank throught the revolution it will get tighter. There are "looser" spots depening on crank position.

Did you take the motor out so you could fix the frame rail?

What are your plans on fixing the frame rail and the front radiator and light assembly, etc supports?

Going to weld new sections on yourself?

Matz
10-08-2005, 10:59 PM
The timing marks seem to be all good. Does that timing belt look loose to you?

I don't know what the belt should look like, but if I recall correctly, the belt was pretty tight when I pulled off the cam belt cover. However, it could be just as earlyapex said -- if you rotate the crank, any existing backlash in the belt will get taken up and the belt will end up being "tighter". You'd only have issues if the gear were to rotate in either direction, which it wouldn't ever do.

EVO GRIM
10-09-2005, 03:40 AM
Ok that makes me feel better. I was worried it skipped a tooth.

Yea apex Im going to pull as much of the frame strait as I can then when I get the frame rail from mitsu I'll cut it staggared like and weld it in place. Thats plan A anyways.

Body shop quoted me $2500 just in labor to do it. I said to my self thats half an AMS turbo kit, screw that.

I've also lightened the car by atleast 500 lbs
I've got a corbeau seat commin from Navid

Engine pull was easier than I thought. The mitsu manual and Tyler said to take the whole front suspension with the motor, but I didn't want to mess with the steering linkage. The only hard part was keeping the output shaft off the steering crossmember.

Matz
10-09-2005, 05:57 AM
A little too late now, but it would have been really cool to set up a camera while you do the work on the car, and then later on you can create a high speed video of the rebuild. :)

It looks like you got really far yesterday! I wish I could have been there for the engine pull, I probably would have learned a ton from you.

EVO GRIM
10-09-2005, 08:47 AM
Prob would have learned more from the car. I just make it up as I go.

AreSTG
10-09-2005, 05:18 PM
is there a boulder under your car as a lift?

EVO GRIM
10-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Haha no 6x6's

EVO GRIM
10-14-2005, 07:32 AM
As you can see I've got the engine out. Looks like a good time to put in an adj front sway bar. Any ideas?

earlyapex
10-14-2005, 12:34 PM
As you can see I've got the engine out. Looks like a good time to put in an adj front sway bar. Any ideas?

A larger front sway bar will give an illusion of more grip but will actually produce less. The stock front bar is 24mm.

Just get a biggie rear.

earlyapex
10-16-2005, 04:48 PM
Just looked at new progress pics, it's coming together!

What is stopping the battery in the trunk from sliding out of that mount?

Matz
10-16-2005, 04:48 PM
The mini battery looks cool? Have you considered putting a fuse in the back in case of a short?

EVO GRIM
10-16-2005, 06:59 PM
Early the aluminum battery holder is bolted to the body.

Dave I looked for a fuse holder today but only found crap. I'll stop by the local car stereo place next week and bick up a 12v fuse breaker prob like 60 or 80 amp.

MarkSAE
10-16-2005, 07:09 PM
How'd you cut the outside of that center vent panel? That looks clean! What material did you use? Polycarbonate?

earlyapex
10-16-2005, 07:13 PM
Early the aluminum battery holder is bolted to the body.

yea I see that, but the battery slips into the holder no? What's stopping it from slipping out? I don't see anything going across the top of the battery to hold it in. Just wondering.

EVO GRIM
10-16-2005, 10:01 PM
The material is just plexiglass from homie depot. Cutts pretty good with a jigsaw blade for wood. Then I hit it with a belt sander. Heated it with a torch to put the bend in it. Pretty cool stuff just a little brittle. I broke the first one when I drilled holes with a hole saw.

The tray has a lip on it that prevents the battery from sliding out.

Matz
10-16-2005, 11:35 PM
Dave I looked for a fuse holder today but only found crap. I'll stop by the local car stereo place next week and bick up a 12v fuse breaker prob like 60 or 80 amp.

60 or 80 amps? I thought you'd only need a fuse like that if you were running a fat ass stereo or something (I could be wrong). I've never put a current clamp on the battery connection so I don't know what the peak current can be, but just don't go too big or you may as well not have the fuse. :)

Matz
10-16-2005, 11:37 PM
The material is just plexiglass from homie depot. Cutts pretty good with a jigsaw blade for wood. Then I hit it with a belt sander. Heated it with a torch to put the bend in it. Pretty cool stuff just a little brittle. I broke the first one when I drilled holes with a hole saw.

The tray has a lip on it that prevents the battery from sliding out.

It may take me a while, but I can machine simple stuff out of plastic or aluminum for you if you need something custom.

EVO GRIM
10-17-2005, 06:57 AM
Thanks Dave. the alternator puts out 85a I think, so thats why I thought I should go that high.

Matz
10-17-2005, 06:59 AM
Thanks Dave. the alternator puts out 85a I think, so thats why I thought I should go that high.

Cool, I figured you had it spec'd right, but I just wanted to throw that info out there, just in case! thanks for clarifying the alternator output for me.

Matz
10-23-2005, 06:00 PM
Marshall, it's looking good! Glad to see you got most of the frame pieces in. I can't wait to see the Evo frame completely welded and painted.

Sorry I couldn't hook up this weekend. Have customers coming tomorrow and the software was having issues, so I was working all weekend.

EVO GRIM
10-23-2005, 08:23 PM
Np man. I do need to find out what bolts you have left over so I don't waist money buying them from mitsu. Let me know if you want to meet halfway any evening this week.

Matz
10-23-2005, 09:06 PM
Np man. I do need to find out what bolts you have left over so I don't waist money buying them from mitsu. Let me know if you want to meet halfway any evening this week.

I gotta look around... I don't know what happened to them! I looked through my whole toolchest last week, and didn't find anything. Which ones are you specifically looking for? If it's for the stuff in the engine bay, then I don't have them because the body shop did all of the hacking.

EVO GRIM
10-24-2005, 07:06 AM
I thought you said you had the bolts for the camgear cover and some other stuff. Anyway to find out what they did with them? Mitsu charges $.95 a bolt. No big deal just don't want to waist money on them if you have them.

Matz
10-24-2005, 08:01 AM
I thought I did, but I can't find them... I have to order the special downpipe bolts for you, so I'll just order the cam cover bolts as well. I had to steal the DP bolts from the wreck, because the RMR downpipe that was on my new Evo didn't have the right bolts installed. FYI, I have to give you that red brace that goes under the DP from my car, since the stock black ones won't clear it. By any chance, do you have the stock ones still? The bars and bolts were in the trunk.

EVO GRIM
10-24-2005, 12:05 PM
You mean the crossmember bars? I do have them.

DaveLC2
10-25-2005, 10:55 PM
Wow :shock: That's impressive that you're doing all of this stuff yourself! Way to go on bringing new life to a nice Evo.

Dave

EVO GRIM
10-26-2005, 07:06 AM
Thanks!

bdking57
10-26-2005, 08:40 AM
Dont worry about the cam gear cover bolts.. I remember EIP had tons of them laying around as I lost two myself.. if you have to have OEM im sure I could pick some up when im up there... looks like your making all kinds of progress...maybe I can come over and try to get that rear bumper buffed out if your havent already done so lol sorry I cant be of more help then handing you the tools :lol:

You still have a couple areas I spotted for more weight reduction.. firstly the glove box is at least 5lbs.. maybe 10 ( im sure you already realize this). Also, I should get together with you and show you how to take off the mirrors(without damaging the part that I want).. the 03 mirrors are actually kinda heavy if I remember because of the motor. Ill go check but im pretty sure they were almost 15lbs a piece at the least. I might swap my APRs (which are light as a feather.. maybe 2lbs each) for ralliart mirrors. So they might be availble to put on there.

Im not sure if the slack in the timing belt might have anything to do with the tensioner pulley.. I have read these need to be replaced occsaionally when swithching belts.. is it possible this piece was damaged? did you verify its tensioning the belt properly?

earlyapex
10-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Im not sure if the slack in the timing belt might have anything to do with the tensioner pulley.. I have read these need to be replaced occsaionally when swithching belts.. is it possible this piece was damaged? did you verify its tensioning the belt properly?

We already said that slack is normal. It changes tensions depending on crankshaft and piston position. :D Yea I know it's weird, I had the same question like 5 years ago on one of my DSMs. 8)

island414
10-31-2005, 06:04 AM
timing belt looks fine to me, when you rotate the crank throught the revolution it will get tighter. There are "looser" spots depening on crank position.

I think that that's a rather good meathod.

Matz
11-13-2005, 05:49 PM
DAMN Marshall, after I PM'd you to see what your progress was, I saw your post. The car is looking really, really good. It's amazing how fast you're getting this done. If I crash Evo #2, I want to hire you to do the repairs. :lol: You guys have to check out his journal here on NCE if you haven't already.

My only question is about that harness bar. All I hear is that they are potentially really dangerous in an accident. You sure you don't want to get a roll cage put in and attach the belts to the rear seat or something?

EVO GRIM
11-13-2005, 06:09 PM
I will get a roll cage at some point, but that bars not goin anywhere. Its boltes to the frame at 2 points on each side and welded. The bar is 1/8" wall and the mounting plates are 1/4". Its strong.

leif
11-13-2005, 06:25 PM
he's not saying the bar is gunna go anywhere, acutally that IS the problem. in a bad rollover your seat will go directly under the bar, as will your back and neck and then its game over.

EVO GRIM
11-13-2005, 07:54 PM
Take a closer look at the seat. It's a one piece corbeau. It won't recline anyways. I'm not planning on going crazy till I got the cage in there.

Ps I've seen a few rollover fatalities and never seen a seat break down to the lying position yet.

bdking57
11-14-2005, 10:20 AM
Take a closer look at the seat. It's a one piece corbeau. It won't recline anyways. I'm not planning on going crazy till I got the cage in there.

Ps I've seen a few rollover fatalities and never seen a seat break down to the lying position yet.

yeah.. ditto. For one thing though, looking at the straight design of the bar, it certaintly would be slightly more dangerous then the already dangerous sparco bar in the even of a severe roll over.. but then again, your taking it easy at this point anyway.. and for autox.. that is perfect, and your not exactly into competitive road racing at this point so I think it will do just fine. Everything is coming together nicely.. so why didnt you call me this weekend to come check it out! I havent been able to go get those bolts just yet since im avoiding certain people at the present time. 8)

One thing I just remembered.. When I got my sparco harness, I picked up the 5 point setup.. but am just using 4 belts.

http://speedwaremotorsports.com/safety/harness.asp

You should be able to call them up and pick one of thse up in black.. get a $30 discount for only getting the 4 and I could give you the 5th belt If you like. You will need two bolt on kits also for the install... plus you have to fab the sub belt on

Matz
11-15-2005, 08:14 PM
Glad to hear that you got the Evo running! Can't wait to see it when it's got the hood, fenders, and bumper back on. :) Nice work, man.

smack
11-15-2005, 08:40 PM

that's not actually the problem.
it's that if the roof comes in on you, the shoulder harness KEEPS you in the seat, unable to move.
you can't bend out of the way so the roof hits your helmet and your neck takes the impact.
not so good :shock:

smack
11-15-2005, 08:50 PM
oh, by the way, just got a chance to check out your progress...

damn, great job man!!! the car is really coming together.

especially working without a garage.
couldn't have been fun trying to get the engine hoist to roll on those plywood
sheets with gaps between them :lol:

EVO GRIM
11-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Man its such a good feeling to hear it run. A lot of work but well worth it. The next hurdle will be if the front and rear diffs are ok with the wreck and towing and stuff. Anybody got a 5 point harness for sale?

Well in order I need
power steering bolt from Tyler @ Works
some misc. bolts and hoses from mitsu
Bumper and fender painted (waitin on jbigs' bumper)
Smog and tail light verification to drive it on street
Alignment/ mount Tams tires (might need some fender rollin)

And she's a go

Matz
11-15-2005, 09:48 PM
oh, by the way, just got a chance to check out your progress...

damn, great job man!!! the car is really coming together.

especially working without a garage.
couldn't have been fun trying to get the engine hoist to roll on those plywood
sheets with gaps between them :lol:

Yeah, Marshall's got skills. All I did for the two weeks it was in my garage was look at it and say "aw f***". Marshall practically got it rebuilt in two weeks, given that he was working mostly weekends on it.

earlyapex
11-15-2005, 11:18 PM
http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album126/DSC01244.sized.jpg

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album126/DSC01246.sized.jpg

Man that harness bar looks scary as fook. The horizontal bar only being held by those welds? No vertical bars to strengthen it? Is that also press bent steel?

I would be amazed if that passes tech at the track.

IMHO, I wouldn't drive that car with that thing in it.

EVO GRIM
11-16-2005, 07:50 AM
Picture must be decieving. It's 1/8" wall steele tube. You could seriously lift the car with it. My thinking is that it will strengthen the sides on a roll over. Like I said before its just untill I can afford a roll cage. I'm not going crazy with it till the cage is in.

Matz
11-16-2005, 07:55 AM
Which cage you going to get? I saw a Cusco cage that looked really nice, and I think you can actually still have passengers in the back seat with the cage in. Or am I on crack? :stoned:

EVO GRIM
11-16-2005, 08:16 AM
No back seat for me. I'm either going to have one built up like Wilson's or buy the bender and fab my own. We'll see how the money is.

dohcvtec
11-16-2005, 11:03 AM
Which cage you going to get? I saw a Cusco cage that looked really nice, and I think you can actually still have passengers in the back seat with the cage in. Or am I on crack? :stoned:
You are on crack.

1) That is not a real cage, no organization would let you anywhere on track with that thing.

2) Only put passengers in the back with a cage if you want to kill them.

Unowned
11-16-2005, 12:13 PM
Marshall, remove the flooring... that is a good 20 lbs in the center... i did mine

Matz
11-16-2005, 12:18 PM
2) Only put passengers in the back with a cage if you want to kill them.

Can the law enforcement agencies prove anything if I were to do this?

earlyapex
11-16-2005, 12:26 PM

I have to say this, the cusco bolt in cage is useless poser crap and won't help at all in an accident and might actually hurt you more than if you didn't have a cage.

yes, I know all the JDM driftR boiz use them, but they are probably sponsored by cusco and Drifting is the next Nascar, all about the sponsors. Just like seeing Marlboro sponsoring nascar.

yes, you are on crack if you put anyone that you remotely care about in the back seat of a car with a roll bar or a cage or a harness bar.

bdking57
11-16-2005, 01:00 PM
I got to hear the car running last night over the phone.. someone was rather excited and calling people at 9pm :lol: I just ordered some Diaqueen, its supposed to be enough for two cars.. not sure if you need to service the transfer case and rear diff or not..

DaveLC2
11-20-2005, 03:17 PM
You are pretty talented Marshall! That's crazy how much progress you've made in such a short period of time. I have no idea what you do for a living but I'm thinking it's something to do with fixing stuff.

Dave

EVO GRIM
11-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the props Dave. My background is in custom homes which involes a lot of things. Hoping to have her back on the road soon :D

DaveLC2
12-02-2005, 01:29 PM
I showed my friend your progress pics last night and now he's on a mission to buy a wrecked Evo :lol:

Dave

Matz
12-02-2005, 01:55 PM
Hey Marshall, you've been awfully quiet lately... what's going on with the Evo? By the way, I found the exhaust hanger.

EVO GRIM
12-02-2005, 06:55 PM
Its been cold and rainy. :( No just waitin on stuff to show up. Still need steering wheel adapter, jbig's bumper and some paint, power steering pump. Got my smart kit for the xede in the mail today. upper int. pipe is waiting for me at fed ex in monterey. And I've been researching meth injection. :roll:

Hey that hanger was expensive. Did you find anything else? I know your kid prob has all that stuff hidden somewhere.

vtluu
12-02-2005, 07:08 PM
And I've been researching meth injection.
I don't think methamphetamines are going to make the car faster. Or maybe you meant for yourself? :crazyeyes:

Matz
12-02-2005, 07:50 PM
Its been cold and rainy. :( No just waitin on stuff to show up. Still need steering wheel adapter, jbig's bumper and some paint, power steering pump. Got my smart kit for the xede in the mail today. upper int. pipe is waiting for me at fed ex in monterey. And I've been researching meth injection. :roll:

Hey that hanger was expensive. Did you find anything else? I know your kid prob has all that stuff hidden somewhere.

hahah.. nope, sorry, I can't find anything else. I'm sure that that's it now.

Stormtrooper
12-03-2005, 10:25 AM
geez marshall.... that is some awesome progress! man i can't wait to see this thing finished!

EVO GRIM
12-07-2005, 07:14 PM
Dsl has been down for a week. I'm weeding thru the smart for xede wiring. Auto x is way over so no hurry anymore. I'll keep you guys posted.

DaveLC2
12-21-2005, 11:54 PM
Any updates Marshall?

Dave

EVO GRIM
12-22-2005, 07:45 AM
Yea nothing picture worthy. I picked up a bumper and fenders and droped them off to be painted. I wired up the rs lights I got from Matt. Thanks to Marcel for the black out job, they look killer on silver. Still waiting on the steering wheel adapter from navid and the pass side corbeau seat mount. With the short days its tough to be as serious as I was in the beginning. But slowly its commin along. Need to get it street worthy so I can give the smog/brake light test done. Then alignment and Piper cams/upgrade springs and retainers. Then I'm thinking about a trip to the Vishnu temple for a tune to get me headed in the right direction. SHould be a kick.

earlyapex
12-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Then I'm thinking about a trip to the Vishnu temple for a tune to get me headed in the right direction. SHould be a kick.

what, you don't want any care bear love? CB360! 8)

DaveLC2
12-22-2005, 02:15 PM
Good stuff. My buddy just put some corbeau's in his Buick Regal T-type and they look great but Corbeau wants like $80 per seat mount. Ouch!

Dave

EVO GRIM
12-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Well they were nice enough to swap me a drivers side bracke for a pass side. I bought jerrolds buddyclub seat with sparco base. Much heavier but alot more adjustment. And about 4"s narrower at the hips.

Matz
01-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Dude, Marshall, just saw the pics of the Evo back together. NICE WORK!!! :thumbsup: You'd better show up at EIP for the meet on 1/28!!!

EVO GRIM
01-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Thanks man. I hope to be there.

Matz
01-13-2006, 10:54 PM
I know Dave is gonna shed a tear.

Haha, I just saw that when I looked at the pics again. Can't stop checking it out. It looks nothing like it did after I joyrode it at Infineon. I told my Mom about it and she said that you got mad skillz. Well, she said that was really impressive work. :D

DaveLC2
01-15-2006, 09:28 AM
I know Dave is gonna shed a tear.

Haha, I just saw that when I looked at the pics again. Can't stop checking it out. It looks nothing like it did after I joyrode it at Infineon. I told my Mom about it and she said that you got mad skillz. Well, she said that was really impressive work. :D

I think I need a tissue :lol: You've done an awesome job Marshall! Where is the EIP meeting on the 28th? I will try to make my 1st meet. I'd love to put faces to the screen names.

Dave

DaveLC2
01-15-2006, 09:55 AM
Well they were nice enough to swap me a drivers side bracke for a pass side. I bought jerrolds buddyclub seat with sparco base. Much heavier but alot more adjustment. And about 4"s narrower at the hips.

Here's a pic of one of my buddy's seat in my 87 "T" which I think gives it the nice classic look. Way better than the 60/40 split bench it came with. His car actually handles really well for a G-body with global west upper control arms and 1LE rotors and B-body calipers I believe. Now he doesn't slide around in the seat. Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread Marshall. It's just a plug for Corbeau products 8)

http://tinypic.com/kaqxwh.jpg

Dave

Matz
01-15-2006, 10:20 AM
I think I need a tissue :lol: You've done an awesome job Marshall! Where is the EIP meeting on the 28th? I will try to make my 1st meet. I'd love to put faces to the screen names.

Hey Dave, it would be great if you showed up for the meet! Here's a map for EIP Racing (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=1786+ANGELA+ST,+san+jose,+ca+95125&btnG=Search), and here's the thread for the meet (http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7932).

DaveLC2
01-15-2006, 10:30 AM
I work all day on Saturdays :cry: I will see if I can switch shifts with a co-worker so I can have that Saturday off. I may be able to just swing it.

Dave

EVO GRIM
01-15-2006, 10:38 AM
I havent been very pleased with the cobeau products. The seat is pretty good, It's a little wide but might be the wide version. Their seat brackets leave a little to be desired. The drivers bracket was about 1" off center of the steering wheeland the drivers side the seat rubs the ebrake. Can be fixed with drilling new holes but they should have figured that out. I'm gonna try to be at the eip meet.

Matz
01-15-2006, 10:47 AM
I havent been very pleased with the cobeau products. The seat is pretty good, It's a little wide but might be the wide version. Their seat brackets leave a little to be desired. The drivers bracket was about 1" off center of the steering wheeland the drivers side the seat rubs the ebrake. Can be fixed with drilling new holes but they should have figured that out. I'm gonna try to be at the eip meet.

I think it was Master Yoda that once said something like, "Do, or do not. Ther is no try". I've since changed his teachings to "Do. There is no try". See you and the Evo at the meet. :lol: j/k, I really hope that you can make it!

EVO GRIM
01-15-2006, 04:23 PM
Just got back from some xede boost control adjustment. Brian can chime in. That car gets. It was overboosting. Might be the p2 under the xede or the new forge recirc valve. But runnin good now. Any body know what psi boost trips the over boost code?

vtluu
01-16-2006, 01:59 AM
Awesome work Marshall, that car looks as good as new (on the outside anyway ;))!

bdking57
01-16-2006, 11:32 AM
This car is gonna be so fast! It was kinda scary as hell to sit in however..if everyone had to drive around in a bare bones car like that... they would maybe realize how dangerous the roads really are... Its like wait a minute.. im moving 60mph in

The extreme weight reduction has really helped. This car acclerates quite like my cammed evo.. and its running the stock block and is probably not even close to being dialed in properly. Cant wait to hear it and feel the power once the engine receives the cams and bigger injectors. I got off a few great pictures, however I dont have a cable to upload them.. gonna have to do a photo shoot once we get a coat of wax on the car.

Matz
01-16-2006, 11:38 AM
This car is gonna be so fast! It was kinda scary as hell to sit in however..if everyone had to drive around in a bare bones car like that... they would maybe realize how dangerous the roads really are... Its like wait a minute.. im moving 60mph in

The extreme weight reduction has really helped. This car acclerates quite like my cammed evo.. and its running the stock block and is probably not even close to being dialed in properly. Cant wait to hear it and feel the power once the engine receives the cams and bigger injectors. I got off a few great pictures, however I dont have a cable to upload them.. gonna have to do a photo shoot once we get a coat of wax on the car.

You guys had better let me know when you're taking it to the next autocross. I'll definitely go. :) I bet the Evo is loud as hell inside!

bdking57
01-16-2006, 02:42 PM
well lets just say you can really hear the engine.. every little sound is amplified.. but then you have the noise of the road to.. a stone flys up and hits the inside of the fender and you would think someone is shooting at you.. plus you can hear the entire drivetrain doing its thing... suprising the exhaust is not as loud as I had expected on the outside.. its still pretty stealthy at idle and low speeds.. although it was screaming at WOT. I snapped a few vids with my camera.

Matz
01-16-2006, 04:09 PM
well lets just say you can really hear the engine.. every little sound is amplified.. but then you have the noise of the road to.. a stone flys up and hits the inside of the fender and you would think someone is shooting at you.. plus you can hear the entire drivetrain doing its thing... suprising the exhaust is not as loud as I had expected on the outside.. its still pretty stealthy at idle and low speeds.. although it was screaming at WOT. I snapped a few vids with my camera.

Post 'em up!!! :)

earlyapex
01-16-2006, 09:17 PM
and its running the stock block

Why is that big deal? Welcome to 4G63 land man. You don't have to build shizzle to make the dizzle.

Matz
01-16-2006, 09:47 PM
dizzle.

Please translate. I was expecting HizzlePizzle, or Powizzle, but I don't get dizzle.

earlyapex
01-16-2006, 09:50 PM
dizzle.

Please translate. I was expecting HizzlePizzle, or Powizzle, but I don't get dizzle.

Kabizzle the dizzle foshizzle!

EVO GRIM
01-17-2006, 08:09 AM
I have the cat on for smog so it will get louder. I drove it in to sand city today for the smog and the beast goes right down the road strait as an arrow. Havent even done an alignment. I know the pass rear is way off cuz the wheel looks like it has pos camber.

Matz
01-17-2006, 08:15 AM
I have the cat on for smog so it will get louder. I drove it in to sand city today for the smog and the beast goes right down the road strait as an arrow. Havent even done an alignment. I know the pass rear is way off cuz the wheel looks like it has pos camber.

Wow, I'm surprised it's driving so straight, but am definitely glad to hear it. I don't recall the rear passenger wheel getting knocked that badly, though it's possible since that section hit the tire wall... hmm.. but the damage to the rear panel was pretty minor, wasn't it?

bdking57
01-17-2006, 08:23 AM
did you straighten out the steering wheel though lol.

EVO GRIM
01-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Yea theres tire marks from the wall on the pass rear fender. It hit pretty hard.

craziazzmofo66
01-22-2006, 12:51 PM
ii just saw this build post for the first time...and i must say... :wave: :rally: :skid: VERY impressive!! all that hard work now payin off...and those welds look very nice. and question for u is...do u live out in the boonies somewhere?!?! haha

EVO GRIM
01-22-2006, 02:15 PM
Compared to fremont................Yes

Matz
01-22-2006, 05:10 PM
I am a newbie to the whole tuning / dyno thing, but I was initially amazed at the smoothness of the curve. Other MD plots I've seen use an FIR of 99. I've seen other cars with an FIR of 50, and the plot was noisy as hell. But of course, I don't know if that necessarily means anything. :oops:

Great job on the car again, Marshall! It'll be good to see her again this weekend. And you, of course. :lol:

earlyapex
01-22-2006, 05:41 PM
I am a newbie to the whole tuning / dyno thing, but I was initially amazed at the smoothness of the curve. Other MD plots I've seen use an FIR of 99. I've seen other cars with an FIR of 50, and the plot was noisy as hell.

That reminds me, I need to ask Mike @ gruppe-s what FIR # does more smoothing. Gruppe-s uses FIR of 11 and all my trace charts have been pretty darn smooth. I also notice variations between MD trace charts as far as scaling vertical and horz. Compare my trace chart and the ones from full function:

http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/mods/EVO/dyno/120205/303whp_AFRchart01.jpg

bdking57
01-23-2006, 08:16 AM
Well Marshall picked me up after getting back from vishnu saturday and we took a short cruise down highway 1.. firstly, this car's sound is insane.. the cams are crazy.. they make the hks 272 sound weak in comparison..

Im completely use to my car at this point.. which pulls really hard on the highway, Iv got no idea at this point if hes making equal power or more then me but.. , but this was hands down the fastest car i have been in.. We were pretty much pinned back (really pinned back!) in our seats from 5K to redline... The weight factor is huge!

bdking57
01-23-2006, 08:25 AM
Marshal lives in the uber rich boonies :D I love it down there.. definately where I would want to buy a house.

ii just saw this build post for the first time...and i must say... :wave: :rally: :skid: VERY impressive!! all that hard work now payin off...and those welds look very nice. and question for u is...do u live out in the boonies somewhere?!?! haha

dohcvtec
01-23-2006, 10:54 AM
The weight factor is huge!
Of course, lets not forget Newtons second law.
Force = Mass X Accelleration

:)

bdking57
01-23-2006, 11:09 AM
huh?... that would only apply if he planned on ramming something. :lol:

dohcvtec
01-23-2006, 11:19 AM
huh?... that would only apply if he planned on ramming something. :lol:
Not at all, you need to learn algebra. :)
F = MA
F/M = A
F/A = M

bdking57
01-23-2006, 12:12 PM
damnit.. owned by algebra 101 :lol:

EVO GRIM
01-23-2006, 06:40 PM
Objects in motion stay in motion unless dave is at infineon.

dohcvtec
01-23-2006, 06:43 PM
:lol:

Matz
01-23-2006, 08:44 PM

Hey, easy man. :lol:

lqdchkn
03-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Daaaamn, I love what you did with the modded splitter. :thumbsup: How much to make another but "softened" by only one inch at the point?

EVO GRIM
03-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Material was almost $100 so I could do one for $150 if you picked it up.