PDA

View Full Version : USTCC Evo

ustcc evo
10-11-2005, 04:29 PM
Some people requested pics of the USTCC Evo that made its debut this past weekend at Infineon Raceway. I'll take better pics next time I pull it out of the garage.

It really wasn't much of a debut, as we didn't have time to play with the suspension before the event and were still aligning it at the track, but we'll have it all sorted for the Oct. 28 NASA event and the 25 hours of Thunderhill in December.

We still need to make some additions to the cage that we didn't have time for before Infineon, get it painted, and install the fire system. Bugformance in San Jose did a great job on the cage, and the performance with it installed is nothing short of spectacular. The steering is now amazingly responsive and the whole car is light on its feet and turns in like a mofo.

While there are certainly some components I'll have to change as the car gets faster, I'm impressed with how well basic chassis is prepared for racing compared to the IT cars I've built in the past.

This past weekend the car ran with Muellerized JICs, a Works flash, and not much else, and ran like a top. The car felt great and I wanted to push it, but I respect Infineon enough to know it's not the best place to sort a new race car. Hopefully we'll have it fast enough to be competitive in class by the 25.

There are a couple of pics at http://evo.workpad.com/index_item.aspx?ObjectID=17598

earlyapex
10-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Holy huge photos.

So what power mods are allowed in USTCC for the evo?

Stock turbo and stock boost?

Cameron@xperformance
10-11-2005, 06:18 PM
when you were at bugformance, did you check out extreme perofrmance and our evo?

ustcc evo
10-11-2005, 07:10 PM
The rules are still being written, so I don't know how it will end up, but its looking like the engine will be pretty stock from the airbox up to the cat.

I did see that evo and discussed it with the owner. He's got some good things planned for the car.

Cameron@xperformance
10-11-2005, 09:43 PM
I did see that evo and discussed it with the owner. He's got some good things planned for the car.
that owner is my dad :D

GST
10-14-2005, 11:05 PM
Are you competing next year in USTCC? I saw you out there (I'm on the Go-To racing team handling the powertrain setup and tuning for the Subaru in USTCC).

Let me know if there is anything we can help you with if your running in USTCC next season (We being Gruppe-S).

What class are you running in for the 25hr? ES?

Mike