PDA

View Full Version : Wed. 10/12: San Jose Weekly RX7 GTG

346 FD
10-11-2005, 05:16 PM
If anyone wants to come, you're more than welcome to swing by and say hi.

We meet up at the Krispy Kreme on the corner of Lawrence Expwy and Prospect Rd around 7:00PM and usually take off to dinner around 8:00PM.

Going into our 4th month, we've had some ups and downs in numbers, with last week being the weekest RX-7 showing(quite a few evos though...more evos than rx-7...sad, i know.)

There were about 10-15 FDs showing up before we moved it to Milpitas, everyone that complained didn't even show up, so we moved it back to San Jose.

evoredy
10-11-2005, 05:37 PM
i'm down.

STR8DVS
10-11-2005, 05:39 PM
i will be there with a friend in his FC

rivalyoung
10-11-2005, 07:44 PM
Rofl that was the funniest thing ever. It's tru... there were more Evos than rotaries at an RX-7 meet haha... those rotary guys were asked me to pop my hood and check out my stock shock 4G. Baller baby, straight baller!

MitsuMan
10-11-2005, 07:53 PM
I think I'll roll though I love shecking out modded Rx-7's

rivalyoung
10-11-2005, 07:55 PM
346 FD isn't REALLY an FD tho =p... do I hear pistons? @_@

346 FD
10-12-2005, 10:41 AM
New development:

After the initial meet-up at 7:00PM, we'll be heading off to In-N-Out Milbrae around 8:00PM to crash a Miata gathering.

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=152702

Hot8Evo
10-12-2005, 10:47 AM
I'll stop by, beisde i live 5 mins away...

mtsevovii
10-12-2005, 10:57 AM
ill stop by kkreme, but damn thats a drive! from kkreme to milbrae.

Hot8Evo
10-12-2005, 10:59 AM
ill stop by kkreme, but damn thats a drive! from kkreme to milbrae.

its going to be worth it, beside you can eat KKreme.....

STR8DVS
10-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Do not know about the drive after my friends FC does not run so well yet.

byt
10-12-2005, 11:29 AM
Haha maybe I'll bring the Miata as I was planning on hitting up the KK meet anyway. 8)

Hot8Evo
10-12-2005, 05:39 PM
who is going here?

mtsevovii
10-12-2005, 05:45 PM
i think most of us are just going to kkreme.

should we have a list this late? were meeting in like an hour.

MitsuMan
10-12-2005, 07:58 PM
damn I forgot. where the hell is milbre?

Hot8Evo
10-12-2005, 08:06 PM

101 near san francisco airport, but the meet is at lawrence expressway. Dont worry james you didnt miss anything i was there and it was pretty dead...

kimmievo
10-12-2005, 08:07 PM

2 towns north of San Mateo.

mtsevovii
10-12-2005, 08:19 PM
:lol: yup it sure was dead.. haha other than that dumbass guy in the ram truck doing a burnout in the lot. :roll:

kimmievo
10-12-2005, 08:33 PM
ok, cool. Now I am glad I didnt go....

MitsuMan
10-12-2005, 08:36 PM
weak!!!!!! fuck drivin to milbre and boo on a bunk meet.... Marlon(hope I spelled that right) we should meet at the starbucky's on santa teressa and blossim hill like on fri I used to go there and it's pickin up again now and the cops on that side of town are kinda ok..(maybe because everyone around there has money) we should do this yea?

Hot8Evo
10-12-2005, 09:04 PM
weak!!!!!! fuck drivin to milbre and boo on a bunk meet.... Marlon(hope I spelled that right) we should meet at the starbucky's on santa teressa and blossim hill like on fri I used to go there and it's pickin up again now and the cops on that side of town are kinda ok..(maybe because everyone around there has money) we should do this yea?

I threw another meet this friday at macarthy ranch industrial area its a huge parking and right next to 880 freeway with basketball court. Maybe we can gather around and cruise to that place...

346 FD
10-12-2005, 11:34 PM
:lol: yup it sure was dead.. haha other than that dumbass guy in the ram truck doing a burnout in the lot. :roll:

Thanks for coming out regardless.

Once people stop showing, it's really difficult to get it going again. Wish I never moved it to Milpitas, but it's too late to regret and nothing I can do about it, but be persistent and hope for the best.

These weekly events aren't really a meet per se, more of a local social get together. It was started with intent to build personal relationship and friendship among local RX-car enthusiasts with focus on people, not the cars. This is why I go out to norcalevo meets, b/c I'm just going out to kick it with couple of buddies, rivalyoung & stormtrooper, not to just check out evos.

It's really a concept away from typical import car meets - everyone just bumming around in a parking lot, walking around in small click of personal friends, and gawking at other people's cars.

Just my $0.02

pinay8utterfly
10-12-2005, 11:40 PM
ok, cool. Now I am glad I didnt go....

i second that! :D

mtsevovii
10-12-2005, 11:45 PM

Once people stop showing, it's really difficult to get it going again. Wish I never moved it to Milpitas, but it's too late to regret and nothing I can do about it, but be persistent and hope for the best.

These weekly events aren't really a meet per se, more of a local social get together. It was started with intent to build personal relationship and friendship among local RX-car enthusiasts with focus on people, not the cars. This is why I go out to norcalevo meets, b/c I'm just going out to kick it with couple of buddies, rivalyoung & stormtrooper, not to just check out evos.

It's really a concept away from typical import car meets - everyone just bumming around in a parking lot, walking around in small click of personal friends, and gawking at other people's cars.

Just my $0.02

agreed, it was nice meeting you and the other mazda/nissan/honda owners, hehe. that random group of ppl yelling at us was abit awkward..i didnt even see where they popped out from. haha

rivalyoung
10-13-2005, 01:05 AM

Just my $0.02

agreed, it was nice meeting you and the other mazda/nissan/honda owners, hehe. that random group of ppl yelling at us was abit awkward..i didnt even see where they popped out from. haha

They popped out of my ass... but seriously tho it comes w/ the territory of driving an import. If we didn't have that type of entertainment every now and then life wouldn't be as colorful anyways =].