PDA

View Full Version : Change my exhaust from RMR to RS*R ExMag Exhaust

warpspeed
10-17-2005, 02:32 PM
Well the kids and wife won. They got tired of the tone of the RMR exhaust but to me it sounds great. Here are some pics. of before and after.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTEwMDAzNDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTEwMDAzNTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Comparison:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTEwMDM5OTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

After:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTEwMDAzNzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTEwMDAzNjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTEwMDAzODZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

So you guys know what that means........I have an exhaust to sell :) . I'll post up pics. of the RMR in another thread.

nightwalker
10-17-2005, 03:36 PM
I really like the RSR exhaust. Notice any difference in power changing betweent the two?

warpspeed
10-17-2005, 07:23 PM
Well I haven't had the time to drive the car yet but sound wise to me, it's the same. :? Hope the kids like it.

Option2
10-17-2005, 08:16 PM
Well I haven't had the time to drive the car yet but sound wise to me, it's the same. :? Hope the kids like it.

You serious? No change in sound level?

Option2
10-18-2005, 04:09 PM
Any update? Is there a change in power from the RMR to the ExMag?

warpspeed
10-19-2005, 01:53 PM
Well I finally drove my Evo. I tell you, this exhaust is tooooo quiet. It sounds alot quieter than the stock. Power wise it seems the same and at WOT it is very quiet. So if you guys want an exhaust that comes out straight like stock and so not to get any attention from the popos, well I would suggest this RS*R ExMag. Now if you want a little more sound and still have the tip come out straight, then I would suggest the Perrin/Magnaflow exhaust.

ZK
10-19-2005, 01:58 PM
Wow, quieter than stock and no difference in power!? That's amazing.

So I guess the family likes it? :lol:

warpspeed
10-20-2005, 01:22 AM
Well so far I have been the only one in the car to drive it around but the weekend is coming so we might head up to Tahoe.

Boostd4
10-20-2005, 08:57 AM
Sounds like this would be a great solution for the catless folks. I'm running the ExMag GTII and going catless is pretty much out of the question with the GTII.

superfleajq
10-20-2005, 09:15 AM
I think you're probably too used to your RMR exhaust being louder ;) ...my RS*R is definitely louder than stock, though not by a whole lot.

bdking57
10-21-2005, 08:45 AM
Its not out of the question lol im doing it :D

Sounds like this would be a great solution for the catless folks. I'm running the ExMag GTII and going catless is pretty much out of the question with the GTII.

TogueMonster
10-21-2005, 08:49 AM

+1

TogueMonster
10-21-2005, 08:58 AM
Well I finally drove my Evo. I tell you, this exhaust is tooooo quiet. It sounds alot quieter than the stock. Power wise it seems the same and at WOT it is very quiet. So if you guys want an exhaust that comes out straight like stock and so not to get any attention from the popos, well I would suggest this RS*R ExMag.

I never thought I would say this but I'm gettin one of those. You changed my mind. Thanks for postin this "warpspeed"!! With the your pics and honest opinion on the power it makes, I have to say that I'm damn impressed. I like the "sleeper" factor too, no cops no prolemz.

bdking57
10-21-2005, 10:46 AM
yep... +1.. I would run around with a loud exhuast and all that stuff if my car wasnt so heavily modded.. but when you are running with catless/cammed/with injectors.. and just reaking of fumes + loud as helll.. well it would be nice if I could elimiated the loudness of the car at least. even with the GTII on the car is quiet at about 45mph in 5th..but trying going up a hill next to a cop and your getting pulled over. Whenever I see a cop on the road near me i always make a quick right so I dont have to drive next to him.

TogueMonster
10-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Yup me too, or shift thru every gear and not go past 2,000 RPMs. If your going fast enough go into neutral and just coast it when cops are about. :lol: Its risky for a few extra ponies, I would imagine the fines for running catless would be rediculous. I'd rather not risk it anymore and save the cash for mods, not fines.

warpspeed
10-21-2005, 12:16 PM
You guys have to remember that I am running just a catback. I am not sure how the sound will be if I have cams,dp and high flow cat.

byt
10-21-2005, 01:05 PM
I'm catback only now thanks to warp's RMR and for the time being I'm loving it! It is a good bit louder than superflea's rsr but nothing I don't mind. I may go with the rsr someday down the road but the growl of the RMR is what does it for me right now! 8)

Ps. it's still much quieter than my NA miata :wink:

warpspeed
10-21-2005, 01:24 PM
I'm catback only now thanks to warp's RMR and for the time being I'm loving it! It is a good bit louder than superflea's rsr but nothing I don't mind. I may go with the rsr someday down the road but the growl of the RMR is what does it for me right now! 8)

Ps. it's still much quieter than my NA miata :wink:

Glad you like the RMR :D

ez76
10-21-2005, 01:24 PM
Thanks for posting!

Is the RS*R 3 inch? Did you look at the ExMag GT2 also?

nightwalker
10-22-2005, 12:01 AM
If you head up to Tahoe, stop in Truckee so I can check out your exhaust!! :wink:

warpspeed
10-22-2005, 12:31 AM
Thanks for posting!

Is the RS*R 3 inch? Did you look at the ExMag GT2 also?

With a side by side comparison it looks the same as my old RMR which is suppose to be 3"(never measured it though). I saw the GTII but don't like that JDM(angled looked) anymore.

Matz
10-22-2005, 05:47 AM

Hey man, glad to hear that you got an exhaust on your Evo! The RMR is really nice. This is just the beginning -- pretty soon, you're going to start wondering where all of your money went. :)

bdking57
10-22-2005, 08:49 AM
The RSR GTII was great before going catless.. still sounds awesome but its just insanely loud.

byt
10-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Hey man, glad to hear that you got an exhaust on your Evo! The RMR is really nice. This is just the beginning -- pretty soon, you're going to start wondering where all of your money went. :)

HAH you know the funny thing is I was kicking myself when I didn't jump on your RMR fast enough and was shocked that another happened to pop up with a killer price too. Needless to say I couldn't help myself. :D Trust me, I hear ya about the cash flow...

Option2
10-24-2005, 08:39 PM
Just installed the RS*R ExMag tonight. I wouldn't go as far as saying that it's one notch above stock sound level but it's pretty toned down when compared to other exhausts. Then again maybe it's the cams, dp and HFC. I listened to "Steiner's" exhaust before buying mine and his is definately quieter than mine. It sounds every bit as aggressive as the HKS Hi-Power but just quieter all around. As far as power goes, I'd say they perform the same. I didn't feel any power loss at all. The car goes through the RPMS just as easily as it did before. With cops these days hassling imports, this is the way to go if you want the OEM look with the performance to boot and decent sound levels.

bdking57
10-25-2005, 11:21 AM
:( another good review... looks like im gonna be parting with more money in favor of a sleeper exhaust..Im gonna miss the fact that I can completely overpower rev happy srt4s though.

warpspeed
10-25-2005, 11:39 AM
Update. I wasn't able to go to Tahoe but was able to drive it around here and in the city(San Fran.) I might be crazy but my car seems to be up to power again. Some of you may remember some of my post about my car losing torque since the P2 but with this exhaust, my torque came back up. :D Now I am planning on getting a better DP but will most likely wont' do any good since I still have the stock cat.

Option2
10-25-2005, 11:48 AM
Update. I wasn't able to go to Tahoe but was able to drive it around here and in the city(San Fran.) I might be crazy but my car seems to be up to power again. Some of you may remember some of my post about my car losing torque since the P2 but with this exhaust, my torque came back up. :D Now I am planning on getting a better DP but will most likely wont' do any good since I still have the stock cat.

I forgot to mention in my review that my car seems more peppy with this exhaust than when I had the HKS Hi-Power. The car just feels lighter when getting on the pedal.

ZK
10-25-2005, 11:56 AM

I forgot to mention in my review that my car seems more peppy with this exhaust than when I had the HKS Hi-Power. The car just feels lighter when getting on the pedal.

Perhaps since it has less of a free flow design it increases low end throttle response? Sounds good though. I love the look of the slant canister mufflers but not a big fan of noise.

Option2
10-25-2005, 12:14 PM

Perhaps since it has less of a free flow design it increases low end throttle response? Sounds good though. I love the look of the slant canister mufflers but not a big fan of noise.

I'm a big fan of the N1 style exhausts as well. But it looks like the trend is going back to the OEM style exhausts because of "The Man". I remember back when Trust SP exhausts were the ones to get. They looked stock.

Boostd4
10-31-2005, 11:31 AM

Well, in my neck of the woods anyway :lol: .

MitsuMan
10-31-2005, 02:46 PM
Well I finally drove my Evo. I tell you, this exhaust is tooooo quiet. It sounds alot quieter than the stock. Power wise it seems the same and at WOT it is very quiet. So if you guys want an exhaust that comes out straight like stock and so not to get any attention from the popos, well I would suggest this RS*R ExMag. Now if you want a little more sound and still have the tip come out straight, then I would suggest the Perrin/Magnaflow exhaust.

its not quieter than stock not even more than the stealth works muff It has a good tone to it though and is the quietess for the performance there is out there

Darqnez
08-30-2006, 09:12 PM
So someone mentioned there is a bottle neck at the cat? Why not port it out to be even.... I have done that to headers and such before, its easy enough...anyone see an issue with that?

EV0LL
08-30-2006, 09:42 PM
So someone mentioned there is a bottle neck at the cat? Why not port it out to be even.... I have done that to headers and such before, its easy enough...anyone see an issue with that?

http://www.norcalevo.net/forum/index.php/topic,9445.msg162526.html#msg162526

Darqnez
08-30-2006, 09:58 PM
bleh......same as the other exmags.....no way to port that out really. thanks for the link

http://www.norcalevo.net/forum/index.php/topic,9445.msg162526.html#msg162526