PDA

View Full Version : BMW GGC AutoX This Sunday 10-23

Stormtrooper
10-18-2005, 12:12 PM
Any other evos going to this one?

Its their "Top Driver Shootout." I'm assuming non-BMWs are invited since the sign up list already has a few guys that I know usually run in non-BMWs.

Also, the website only mentions that you have to have attended at least 2 other BMW autoxs this season.

The only thing is that I'm assuming that only BMWs can win the prize =D

Brian? Marshall?

-Jeff

Whooopasss
10-18-2005, 01:21 PM
where?

Stormtrooper
10-18-2005, 02:13 PM
whoops sorry....

Its at Marina.... I think all BMW GGC autoxs are at marina

-Jeff

bdking57
10-19-2005, 10:19 AM
I think im going... If marshall wants to lone me his wheels he can co drive my car :D

bdking57
10-19-2005, 04:00 PM
notice again.. your only allowed to participate if you have run two BMWCCA events this year. Im expecting we are gonna get alot of runs on a fast course. :D

EVO GRIM
10-19-2005, 06:07 PM
I don't want to embarass you in you own car. 8)

Stormtrooper
10-20-2005, 09:18 AM
hehe should be a fun day =D

evo_dadi
10-20-2005, 07:49 PM
I don't want to embarass you in you own car. 8)
ouch :lol: :P

bdking57
10-22-2005, 08:50 AM
shut up biotch :D I cant drive.

Stormtrooper
10-24-2005, 12:08 PM
fun day....

very fun course =D

EVO GRIM
10-24-2005, 05:19 PM
How bad did you beat brian?

Stormtrooper
10-24-2005, 06:37 PM
i think brian got a 48.6...

my best clean was a 45.7....i had a 45.6 but +1

i think i ended up as the quickest X class car that day but thats because jason didn't race in his elise this time =P (actually no elises at all)

Surprisingly there were NO STIs this time, but there was still a nice variety for Brian and I to go up against...

R32
RX-8
WRX
SE-R
porsche 911
etc....

The gonzo class guys on race tires were runnin 44s and i think garcia got the top time of the day with a 43.

Too bad Navid wasn't there again to beat everyone's time by over 4 seconds!

-Jeff

Cameron@xperformance
10-24-2005, 07:31 PM
bmw guys hate getting beat by evos

bdking57
10-25-2005, 07:20 AM
holy crap 45.7?.. on street tires? Im intrested to see how fast you were compared to everyone else.. When i went in the morning the course was still slick and I think I ended up the third or fourth fastest car in the run group behind that edge motorsports 330I.. the KGB car etc.. I think my fast time was a 48.186... This was the most fun I had all season, and I really didnt hear any complaints out of the tires through the entire run... It was sligthly unfair though to the guys who went 1st compared to last run group.. by that time the cement was dry and hot compared to being cold and wet like earlier.. fun none the less. :D

i think brian got a 48.6...

my best clean was a 45.7....i had a 45.6 but +1

i think i ended up as the quickest X class car that day but thats because jason didn't race in his elise this time =P (actually no elises at all)

Surprisingly there were NO STIs this time, but there was still a nice variety for Brian and I to go up against...

R32
RX-8
WRX
SE-R
porsche 911
etc....

The gonzo class guys on race tires were runnin 44s and i think garcia got the top time of the day with a 43.

-Jeff

Stormtrooper
10-25-2005, 01:50 PM
hey brian,

yeah i was on the stock advans again...

ummmm i didn't catch all the times, they should be posting the results soon I hope...

The Edgeworks race car was run all day in all three groups, but i only watched it running in one of the groups where it was putting down 44s.

I think Johnathan Bensens E30 racecar, the other Edgeworks e36, and the KGB racing 2002 (steve's car) were all doing solid 44s.

I didn't catch what Chris Webber was running, but Ken Garcia definitely ran a few 43 sec runs.

Jason Sams is the guy who designed the course, he said he wanted it to be a fun course but with ways for little mistakes to show. He was right on because i was finding that tiny mistakes going into either the slalom or back straightaway were costing at least 1.5 each! That and it was probably the most fun I've had this season as well.

BTW Brian..... this was actually the first time i got to work the course while you were driving... your car sounds pretty damn sweet flying by and pulls hard! made me proud to drive an evo =P

-Jeff

bdking57
10-26-2005, 07:02 AM
lol... well I only wish I would have tried this at first, on my last two runs I dropped into first around the the last round about turn before the 180 degree turn to the finish line...I only wish I would have tried even sooner, more like into that 90 degree turn at the end of the straight..I kinda felt I was slow going through there as I was falling off the boost... I think I lost some time on the straight because I wasnt being as ballsy as I could have been... anyway, im happy beacuse I really got to improve my driving skills on the day, and next season Ill be back with wider wheels and coilovers which should make a big difference.. as well as a whole winter of karting :twisted:

Stormtrooper
10-26-2005, 08:03 AM
yeah should be a great season next year... I'll prob just be on 255 RA1s using my stock enkeis..... When does it start up again?