PDA

View Full Version : street concept front bumper?

redtydsf
10-18-2005, 04:40 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/redtydsf/evo8-cw-f2.jpg
anybody using this bumper? opinions?

methods4
10-18-2005, 04:44 PM
Body kits = teh lose.

Gruppe-S
10-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Anyone interested in a GB on these exhaust?

Tom

redtydsf
10-18-2005, 04:51 PM
front bumper curbed over the weekend, mitsubishi price is almost 800 for the bumper alone. I didn't even ask what the plastic underneath would run, all of it destroyed snapped right off the IC :shock: ran over the lip too :( Let the flaming begin :P 3 cheers for dumbass parking skills

Lucky
10-18-2005, 04:57 PM

Tom

What Exhaust?

~Lucky

dohcvtec
10-18-2005, 05:09 PM

Tom

What Exhaust?

~Lucky
I think he was smokin what Cheech is in that sig. 8)

redtydsf
10-18-2005, 05:16 PM
think we should tell him it's dog $hit :lol: i was wonderin how that post got there

dohcvtec
10-18-2005, 05:43 PM
Labrador?

jrnot
10-18-2005, 08:40 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/redtydsf/evo8-cw-f2.jpg
anybody using this bumper? opinions?

No but I like.

DRFTR8
10-18-2005, 09:08 PM
dude, thats the C-West replica bumper.... and i have one, no need to get the original for 700+ which i know it might not last long specially the way people drive and park around you...

Matz
10-18-2005, 09:31 PM
front bumper curbed over the weekend, mitsubishi price is almost 800 for the bumper alone. I didn't even ask what the plastic underneath would run, all of it destroyed snapped right off the IC :shock: ran over the lip too :( Let the flaming begin :P 3 cheers for dumbass parking skills

Damn dude, how fast were you trying to park? :D Sorry about the damage on your car, though. I hate how expensive the OEM parts are.

missred
10-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Go get it Mark, you caaan do iiit... :lol:

redtydsf
10-19-2005, 04:12 PM
man i love that avatar, keep it for a awhile...man that's who i'm picturing when you can't make it to the meets. :lol:

vtluu
10-19-2005, 04:25 PM
Uh, $800? Part number MN161109WA, $336 from MitsubishiParts.net (okay, plus $40 shipping). That's where I got mine.

2evokids
10-19-2005, 05:04 PM
I have the C-west bumper from Streetconcept. Installation was easy and good fit to OEM holes. Shipping was fast but the box is huge. Fitament was below-average, some gaps along the headlight assembly. But when you are going fast no one can see it. :lol: Comes with Grill Mesh for all the holes. Must remove the front crash bar. :cry:

http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album330/MyRide.sized.jpg

redtydsf
10-19-2005, 05:16 PM
I have the C-west bumper from Streetconcept. Installation was easy and good fit to OEM holes. Shipping was fast but the box is huge. Fitament was below-average, some gaps along the headlight assembly. But when you are going fast no one can see it. :lol: Comes with Grill Mesh for all the holes. Must remove the front crash bar. :cry:

nice, the guy told me that there is no need to remove the crashbar and thanx Tam i'll let the bodyshop know that there is a now another source to retrieve my bumper...but man i'm feelin that bumper 8) Type C right?
I called Street concept and the rep told me that there is no need to remove the bar? You got a sideview pic? :?

missred
10-19-2005, 05:45 PM

nice, the guy told me that there is no need to remove the crashbar and thanx Tam i'll let the bodyshop know that there is a now another source to retrieve my bumper...but man i'm feelin that bumper 8) Type C right?
I called Street concept and the rep told me that there is no need to remove the bar? You got a sideview pic? :?

Mark, Ive seen his car at the Prostreet meet in fact he and Drifter8 were parked side by side and they look really good. As far as the gap he was talking about hardly noticable I could not see it until he pointed it out. So how much is the bumper anyway from streetconcepts? More photos of his car and Drifter8 in the Meets and Events, under Prostreet Pixs. :D

2evokids
10-19-2005, 06:03 PM
Sorry, no side profile. The customer rep. at Streetconcept are idiots, I asked them 3 times (3 different sales guys) about the crash bar. Same answer, no you don't need to take it off. :roll: I wish vendors could be more specific about their product and not just selling sh&t so cavalier. :x

kimmievo
10-19-2005, 06:23 PM
I love the C-west/Type C replica front. I think it's one of the best looking kits out there (besides the new Do-luck and Ings +1 fronts)

redtydsf
10-19-2005, 06:44 PM
F@@k it, i'm makin a call me wants :twisted:

kimmievo
10-19-2005, 08:17 PM

Woot woot! Go for it!!!!

Matz
10-19-2005, 08:29 PM
I like the C-West replica... who cares if it's fake. :) Better than paying $800...

EVO GRIM
10-19-2005, 08:38 PM
Only ting I'd be worried about is smackin a cone and the whole thing falls apart. I looked at thier website and they have a bumper for the evo for like 189.

earlyapex
10-19-2005, 08:50 PM
I love how you're covering up half your FMIC with your plate.

missred
10-19-2005, 09:41 PM

Do it, Do it, you Sir can do it. :lol:

DRFTR8
10-19-2005, 09:46 PM
i love this front end.. but its not going to stop there... :twisted: :twisted:

2evokids
10-20-2005, 06:08 PM

If I had a dollar every time someone mentions about covering my intercooler... I would be richer than Bill Gates. Its not that big of a deal with me. Its just a car to speed with, so get over it already. :wink:

TogueMonster
10-20-2005, 07:14 PM

If I had a dollar every time someone mentions about covering my intercooler... I would be richer than Bill Gates. Its not that big of a deal with me. Its just a car to speed with, so get over it already. :wink:

:box:

redtydsf
10-20-2005, 08:46 PM
lets keep this thread goin just a little bit longer, wutcha think of these...i'm ordering tommorrow
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/redtydsf/typec-evo-1.jpg
type ck
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/redtydsf/evo_8_front_bumper_g.jpg
type G
kinda like the CK, i haven't see too many of those

redtydsf
10-31-2005, 08:54 PM

Damn dude, how fast were you trying to park? :D Sorry about the damage on your car, though. I hate how expensive the OEM parts are.
late reply, it was a classic race to a parking spot...i even courtesy blinked :?

missred
10-31-2005, 10:34 PM
Mark, post pix of the new bumper man :D

redtydsf
11-01-2005, 05:52 PM
we gotta "chicken wire" shortage in the bay area...FUCK!!!!!pickin up the car tommorrow :(

DRFTR8
11-01-2005, 09:56 PM
we gotta "chicken wire" shortage in the bay area...FUCK!!!!!pickin up the car tommorrow :(

dont use chicken wire.. use the ones that contractors use when they lay down cement and have it sprayed black.. it will turn out better... thats what they used on my car...

redtydsf
11-02-2005, 05:26 PM
oh no, i wasn't gonna literally use chicken wire. That seems to be the lingo at are local home depot. :wink: