PDA

View Full Version : 30k Service = Fluids

egui42
10-19-2005, 05:31 PM
Where are you guys getting your Transfer Case, Rear Diff, and Tranny Fluids? Are you getting stock fluids or going with another brand? Please help, need opinions. :lol:

vtluu
10-19-2005, 05:47 PM
Most people recommend the OEM fluid for the transfer case and rear diff fluids. As far as I know, cheapest place to get it is MitsubishiParts.net, OEM part number 3775610, 1-gallon can of "DyaQueen" LSD fluid, $35 plus shipping. That should be enough for at least 3 fluid changes.

Recommendations vary for the tranny fluid. I use a mix of 2 quarts of Redline MT90 and 1 quart of Redline MTL. But my synchros are shot so maybe you shouldn't take my advice. ;)

STR8DVS
10-19-2005, 07:30 PM
I am about to do the transfer and rear diff and capitol mitsu will fill a 1 galon jug for around $25 since they only keep 5 galon drums on hand.

egui42
10-19-2005, 10:23 PM
I have heard OEM is better! So any other suggestions on the tranny, other than Redline?

Eclipse
10-19-2005, 10:27 PM
BG Synchroshift or GM/Penzoil Synchromesh. If you are having and problems shifting.

egui42
10-19-2005, 11:39 PM
I think I might go with BG Syncroshift for the tranny! Anybody know where i can get this or how many quarts?

stockEVO8
10-20-2005, 12:13 AM
im using BG sychroshift for my tranny, i changed it at 15k and it made the engagement smoother and i can finally shift fast. before it would grind but wid the BG fluid its gone...

i dont know any BG dealers in norcal...but it takes 2.5-3 quarts of the good stuff

Dr. Evo
10-20-2005, 07:19 AM
Call Westside Auto in SLO. They have it in stock, or at least they did when I did mine :D

methods4
10-20-2005, 11:01 AM
I think I might go with BG Syncroshift for the tranny! Anybody know where i can get this or how many quarts?

RRE. www.roadraceengineering.com. I believe it is around $13 a bottle and you need 3.

vtluu
10-20-2005, 11:04 AM
I am about to do the transfer and rear diff and capitol mitsu will fill a 1 galon jug for around $25 since they only keep 5 galon drums on hand.
The 5-gallon drums are for the transmission oil. I'm pretty sure the diff fluid comes in the 1-gallon can. Be careful, every time I asked them they were confused about this. Whatever you do, do not put transmission oil in your transfer case/diffs.

missred
10-20-2005, 11:06 AM
Where are you guys getting your Transfer Case, Rear Diff, and Tranny Fluids? Are you getting stock fluids or going with another brand? Please help, need opinions. :lol:

Well I dont know where Grover Beach is at but if you are close to San Mateo Veracom Mitsubishi charges you $89.00 that includes T-Case,R-Diff, and Tranny fluids... they use OEM

egui42
10-20-2005, 11:44 AM

Well I dont know where Grover Beach is at but if you are close to San Mateo Veracom Mitsubishi charges you $89.00 that includes T-Case,R-Diff, and Tranny fluids... they use OEM

Lets just say GB is half way between LA and SF. That is pretty cheap though!

missred
10-20-2005, 11:52 AM

Okay you would probably would have spent 89.00 on gas coming up to the Bay area. Have you called your local Mitsu and asked about price? Or is it that you want to switch fluid brand rather than using OEM..

egui42
10-20-2005, 11:57 AM

Okay you would probably would have spent 89.00 on gas coming up to the Bay area. Have you called your local Mitsu and asked about price? Or is it that you want to switch fluid brand rather than using OEM..

The only dealership around here is brand new, and I dont know if i want to trust them with my car.

egui42
10-20-2005, 11:58 AM
Most people recommend the OEM fluid for the transfer case and rear diff fluids. As far as I know, cheapest place to get it is MitsubishiParts.net, OEM part number 3775610, 1-gallon can of "DyaQueen" LSD fluid, $35 plus shipping. That should be enough for at least 3 fluid changes.

Recommendations vary for the tranny fluid. I use a mix of 2 quarts of Redline MT90 and 1 quart of Redline MTL. But my synchros are shot so maybe you shouldn't take my advice. ;)

Sure thats the right part number? The description is weird.

missred
10-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Thats understandable, thats why I do all my fluid changes myself..Well man good luck I did post something for you on the other thread RE:BG Synchroshift

egui42
10-21-2005, 10:41 AM
Thanks guys, got all my fluids today, well at least I ordered them!