PDA

View Full Version : Tire Recomendations

jrnot
10-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Does any one use Pirelli PZero Nero M&S RFT. These were recomended to me for my rain and SNOW (caps because it is important to me) tires. Let me know what you think, or what you have instead for the rain and snow.

gm_530
10-24-2005, 07:02 PM
If you live in or around SF, why do you need snow tires?

earlyapex
10-24-2005, 07:46 PM

There is this place called Tahoe where it snows. And those aren't snow tires, they are All Season M+S rated, which is good enough for awd cars in tahoe.

jrnot - I used Continental ContiExtremes on my wrx all last season in tahoe, they where AMAZING on the car, I was in almost every huge storm that hit last season and the car with those tires never skipped a beat. HIGHLY recommended! Also priced great. $104 for 225/45/17 and $114 for 235/45/17

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ContiExtremeContact

jrnot
10-24-2005, 08:37 PM

There is this place called Tahoe where it snows. And those aren't snow tires, they are All Season M+S rated, which is good enough for awd cars in tahoe.

jrnot - I used Continental ContiExtremes on my wrx all last season in tahoe, they where AMAZING on the car, I was in almost every huge storm that hit last season and the car with those tires never skipped a beat. HIGHLY recommended! Also priced great. $104 for 225/45/17 and $114 for 235/45/17

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ContiExtremeContact

Thank you. I go to tahoe at least twice a month durring the winter months. Got to snowboard, some of you may not understand, I have got to snowboard. I will check out those tires, thanks, how was there dry traction?

earlyapex
10-24-2005, 08:51 PM
Thank you. I go to tahoe at least twice a month durring the winter months. Got to snowboard, some of you may not understand, I have got to snowboard. I will check out those tires, thanks, how was there dry traction?

Yea I go to tahoe at least 3x a month during a good season. Boarding is my next big obsession after track events. :)

The dry traction wasn't bad for a all-season tire. I was really surpised with the tires. I was going to just put them on when I was going to tahoe and then swap back to my hi-pro tires when I got back, but I just ended up leaving them on the WRX all winter. Just remember that they ARE all-season tires and not summer tires and they are fine, also try to get them in a shorter height than higher height as the sidewalls aren't very stiff.

xchoirboy
10-24-2005, 09:20 PM
You shoot Greddy917 a pm he had them on his Evo ... not sure if he took them to the snow :roll:

jrnot
10-24-2005, 10:18 PM
You shoot Greddy917 a pm he had them on his Evo ... not sure if he took them to the snow :roll:
THX.