PDA

View Full Version : Just a little rubbing...

Evo442
11-03-2005, 09:03 PM
Ok, so I got new street tires; 255's all around. I knew the L front was a little close, so I drove around for a few days and sure enough, there's a little rub between the inside L front tire and the black thing that holds the spring in place.

Rubs often enough to wear the black coating off, down to the metal, but the tire looks fine. Is this ok, or do I need to get some spacers?

-david

crctslt
11-03-2005, 11:39 PM
Sounds like its ok to me. My 2g does the same at the rear. Just enough rubbing to polish the paint. Been like that for 7 track days now.

Evo442
11-04-2005, 06:46 AM
Sounds like its ok to me. My 2g does the same at the rear. Just enough rubbing to polish the paint. Been like that for 7 track days now.

Thats what I was hoping to hear! :D

vtluu
11-04-2005, 11:07 AM
I get a bit of rubbing with my 275s on my inner fender liners. Then I get big holes worn in the latter, and no more rubbing--the problem fixes itself! :lol:

Funny thing is I have holes worn in the right side and not the left; maybe I need to drive TH in the reverse direction sometime to even it out... ;)

leif
11-04-2005, 01:13 PM
I get a bit of rubbing with my 275s on my inner fender liners. Then I get big holes worn in the latter, and no more rubbing--the problem fixes itself! :lol:

Funny thing is I have holes worn in the right side and not the left; maybe I need to drive TH in the reverse direction sometime to even it out... ;)

sears point has a lot of right turns :P

MarkSAE
11-04-2005, 01:51 PM
I noticed a hole in my passenger side splash shield and I'm still running the stock tires.

dohcvtec
11-04-2005, 03:04 PM

Tam too skurred to run Sears. ;)

Nobodyx
11-04-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm running 255s on 17x9.5s w/rolled fenders. I have a little rubbing here and there, nothing to worry about....and then every once in awhile the right rear under hard cornering makes a horrible horn-like sound. I can't figure our where it's rubbing...(temporarily being without a wheel lock key doesn't help)...anyone have this experience before?

leif
11-05-2005, 12:10 AM

Tam too skurred to run Sears. ;)

everyone is :P