PDA

View Full Version : ACD Hacks ??

lqdchkn
11-14-2005, 09:06 PM
Any1 read Japanese? Google just doesn't quite translate this right.

http://www.garagehrs.com/

About half way down on the right side. Looks like they have performance tunning for the ACD.

earlyapex
11-14-2005, 09:08 PM
Any1 read Japanese? Google just doesn't quite translate this right.

http://www.garagehrs.com/

About half way down on the right side. Looks like they have performance tunning for the ACD.

It might just be the ralliart performance ACD unit. I don't think it works on USA-spec evos.

lqdchkn
11-14-2005, 09:19 PM
Darn :?

May have got my hopes up for nothin'

Cameron@xperformance
11-14-2005, 09:20 PM
looks cool

GokuSSJ4
11-14-2005, 11:28 PM
i wonder if WORKS can develope something for it

white power
11-15-2005, 12:57 AM

I 'heard' it can be re-tuned for RWD only! One of the existing 'profiles' (like gravel) will be deleted and it will be 'RWD' setting. Just look at the Millen drift car video floating around... I doubt the front 2 half-shafts are missing on that car. Even the 9sec drag boys run awd still.. This will be a crazy mod when it hits. .

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=B823824E-3E11-43E5-94FA-DFB1651D18ED&kw=4&p=19

GokuSSJ4
11-15-2005, 01:22 AM
i would be nice if they can develope to benefit in the road race coarse...

chrisw
11-15-2005, 09:04 AM
babelfish translation

The HRS male which returns tothe TOP page be completed the part

- CyberEvo ACD controller

For エボ 9 completion of analysis! Delivery start

< Power of Cyber EVO ACD controller >
With technology of tuning car Tsukuba most speed CyberEVO ACD リセッティング. With the circuittraction in the stability exit which is in the midst of bending cheapness revolving with penetration with compatibility and gymkhana with the pylon small revolution of radius and sufficient traction guaranty with the startup are actualized quickly simultaneously.The preeminent effect is shown in time rise at the time of sport travelling.

* The picture and the product differ.

-CyberEVO ACD controller (エボ 7 - 9ACD attachment and GT - for A OK)
There are 3 types of SS, PS and TC.

SS (sport special) ->50400 Yen(48000 Yen in taxremoval price)
As for one and circuit group and the street group which for the first time change ACD this.
* The data is identical with former サイバーエボ ACD.

PS (pylon turn special) ->60900 Yen(58000 Yen in taxremoval price)
Gymkhana practice meeting and swinging, the for person who would like to play (behavior becomes unstable direction. It is unsuitable to general sport travelling. In addition, only the one which has self-confidence in driving sells)
)
エボ 7 - For 8AYC car TC (ACD - AYC integrated control edition) ->72450 Yen(69000 Yen in taxremoval price)
With ACD it controls to the behavior of AYC. Handling feeling near the limit changes. From the for one where we would like to change the direction of the car positively. However it meaning that sliding the rear becomes many please note. Is shown real value with such as only circuit (with the town riding to be understood, it is the づ leprosy). Being to be a possibility the normal AYC pump not having we recommend that you attach the AYC oil cooler. Unless there is a cooler, you think that it is harsh.

The person who is inserting サイバーエボ ACD so far, SS method of using is data modification possible in PS and integrated control edition. Thisbecomes 26250Yen(25000 Yenin tax removal price) with.

SS -> PS -> It is not something where control of integration and efficiency becomes good. With usage condition being to be the data which differs note.

* Normally ECU at direct entry or trade-in exchange
When we would like to leave normal ECU, separate consultation.
* M/T car and GT - with A being there is no compatibility, note.

With エボ 7 new the ACD system which is adopted individually analysis. The target was squeezed to sport travelling on the pavement road, optimization of ACD control was administered. With エボ 7 normal being, 4WD the cornering efficiency which cannot be thought is shown, but improvement of further travelling efficiency is assured with チƒ…ーンアップ of the ACD system.

3 modes of normal ACD (the tar Mack gravel snow), with CyberEVO ACD aiming is squeezed to sport travelling on the pavement road, リセッティング. New mode the circuit (sport travelling with the S tire) sport (sport travelling town with the radial tire to ride), the lane (for travelling in the wet road surface) is 3 types. By the fact that drive distribution of the center diff. is controlled optimumly, with turn in with looking back characteristic concern corner escaping polishing was bet on travelling efficiency of setting and エボ 7 in traction concern. It is the item which shows preeminent power in time attack sport travelling with the circuit and pylon course.

Speaking simply, with the corner entrance the head becomes easy to enter to in, in the exit traction easy to catch. Only the one which you install is the preeminent effect which is understood.The ACD vehicle unless ACD - it keeps fumbling ECU, cannot show real value, that saying, it is not overstatement.

Circuit mode Installing the S tire, it is the mode which adjusts aiming to sport travelling.
Sport mode Installing the high grip radial tire, it is the mode which is optimum to sport travelling and the town riding.
Lane mode It is the mode which seriously considered the stability in the wet road surface.
* The above-mentioned mode to the last is reference.
* For example the setting that either one one mode being to be unnecessary, leaves the snow, is not possible.

It does look like the ralli art unit, it's only a matter of time before tuners start tuning the ACD...

8)

Jamie@WORKS
11-15-2005, 12:19 PM

We've been looking into it :)

earlyapex
11-15-2005, 12:42 PM
I 'heard' it can be re-tuned for RWD only! One of the existing 'profiles' (like gravel) will be deleted and it will be 'RWD' setting.

I dunno about that, I think its basically impossible to do that with the drivetrain layout unless you fuse your center diff.

dohcvtec
11-15-2005, 12:44 PM
I 'heard' it can be re-tuned for RWD only! One of the existing 'profiles' (like gravel) will be deleted and it will be 'RWD' setting.

I dunno about that, I think its basically impossible to do that with the drivetrain layout unless you fuse your center diff.
:werd:

The ACD only locks/unlocks the center diff.

cerebus
11-15-2005, 08:02 PM
It wouldn't have to be 100% RWD. 30F/70R or something like that would be interesting.

earlyapex
11-15-2005, 11:10 PM
It wouldn't have to be 100% RWD. 30F/70R or something like that would be interesting.

Again, the ACD only locks/unlocks the center diff. Where's Tam's signature quote when I need it.

nightwalker
11-18-2005, 08:39 PM
How about the center diff Tomei offers? Is that an ACD replacement unit? or both vcu and acd? That would be a different approach.

white power
11-18-2005, 08:58 PM
Somebody call Rhys Millen and ask him how he did it?

Imagin not having to worry about tire rotation all the time.

GokuSSJ4
11-19-2005, 09:15 PM
Somebody call Rhys Millen and ask him how he did it?

Imagin not having to worry about tire rotation all the time.
i wouldn't like a RWD tho, if that would be the case i would of bough an S2K

cerebus
11-20-2005, 10:16 AM
I need some clarification. I thought the ACD controls the distribution of power between the front and rear. So its not just a binary lock/unlock of the diff, its a progressive locking to distribute power to the rear. And there's some fancy programming to control just how much power is sent to the rear at different times.

Can someone clarify the statements that it just locks and unlocks the center diff? I'm including the control programming as part of the ACD, and I thought the hack would allow a specified front/rear power distribution to be set. Or even more exciting, you could tune the power distribution the way you want it.

earlyapex
11-20-2005, 11:07 AM
I need some clarification.

The ACD only locks/unlocks the center diff. The modes and various inputs only tell it how fast or slow and when and where to do it.

If you want a pseudo RWD, go buy an STi.

white power
11-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Wow.. People are mad someone wants to mod their car here.. I didnt know this was norcalstockevo all the sudden.. Lotsa haters here.. I never post when i think someones ideas are uncool.. I get a life and move on to the next post!

cerebus
11-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Wouldn't that be the point of the mod? To get more power distribution to the rear?

I think the lock/unlock statement is misleading in that it implies the diff is either locked or unlocked. Your post seems to imply what I thought, which is that the ACD can lock progressively and that the different modes and programming control how it locks.

I think it was a Motor Trend test that said the Evo can send 0-50% of power to the rear wheels. What I'm assuming is that the various modes control the split. For ex. Tarmac might allow 50% of power to go to the back, while Snow might only allow 25% (for example only, I have no idea how power is actually controlled by the ACD settings).

If we have 0-50% power to the rear already, then the primary benefit of an ACD hack would seem to be in allowing more than 50% of the power to go to the back, indeed, like an STi, and that Evo drivers can get some RWD handling "feel".

And if someone can do it, I want it!

earlyapex
11-20-2005, 03:44 PM
Wow.. People are mad someone wants to mod their car here.. I didnt know this was norcalstockevo all the sudden.. Lotsa haters here.. I never post when i think someones ideas are uncool.. I get a life and move on to the next post!

Haters? How am I hating? I am giving information. The ACD only unlocks/locks the center diff, therefore it CANNOT give more than 50% to the rear no matter what the hell you do to the software.

It's information. I am sorry that you don't like it.

earlyapex
11-20-2005, 03:46 PM
If we have 0-50% power to the rear already, then the primary benefit of an ACD hack would seem to be in allowing more than 50% of the power to go to the back, indeed, like an STi, and that Evo drivers can get some RWD handling "feel".

And if someone can do it, I want it!

There can never be more than 50% power to the rear. once again the ACD either locks/unlocks the center diff and determines how fast or slow that happens.

fully locked equals 50% to the rear and 50% to the front, so how can you go behind fully locked?

Now, if you do want more than 50% to the rear, you might be able to with aftermarket diffs. That is a big maybe. I am not 100% the drivetrain layout is the big problem here.

Remember the STi has a RWD layout transmission and the transfer is for the front wheels, where the EVO has a FWD lay out and the transfer is for the rear wheels.

Is this making sense now? So that is how the STi can put more to the rear wheels but can't put more than 65% (because of the layout) to the front, The evo can put more to the front but can't put more than 50% to the rear.

cerebus
11-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Sorry, not trying to be argumentative here, just trying to understand how the ACD works.

I thought the ACD allows progressive locking, meaning its not an on/off switch. We can get 25% or 35% or whatever percentage up to 50% as needed to the rear.

Now if you're saying the internal gears are set up so that no more than 50% can go to the rear, that makes more sense. But saying that is different than saying the ACD only lock and unlocks. This is something worth checking out.

So assuming you're right, and we can only get 50% power to the rear, what's the point of the ACD mod? Especially given the factory supposedly allows 0-50% to the rear.

earlyapex
11-20-2005, 07:31 PM
Now if you're saying the internal gears are set up so that no more than 50% can go to the rear, that makes more sense. But saying that is different than saying the ACD only lock and unlocks. This is something worth checking out.

So assuming you're right, and we can only get 50% power to the rear, what's the point of the ACD mod? Especially given the factory supposedly allows 0-50% to the rear.

I did say the ACD unlocks/locks the diff, the 3 modes determine how fast or slow that happens.

I think the mod just changes the algorithms, but I could be wrong.

Mister_Pants
11-20-2005, 07:32 PM
The point of an ACD mod is because the ACD system is more intuitive than just an on/off switch. The ACD system takes a look at various sensor inputs such as wheel speed, engine speed, and g-force and determines torque split. Modding how the sensor inputs are translated would allow you to tailor how the car reacts to a certain degree. Although I might prefer it if the car were naturally rear biased like a skyline or subaru I think the Mitsu engineers have done a good job making the car turn just like it is.

cerebus
11-20-2005, 09:14 PM
Who knows what could happen with the Evo X? :D

turbotiger
11-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Please see the following pdf file to see how the ACD works.
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/corporate/about_us/technology/review/e/pdf/2001/13E_09.pdf

For more mitsu goodness including AYC and Vortex generator data, see
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/corporate/about_us/technology/review/e/index.html

To summarize, the ACD locks the diff on braking, unlocks when turning in, and locks when accelerating out of a corner.

The aftermarket ACD (ralliart) can customize the programming of the ACD unit to lock / unlock (yes, it does it can do it variably in between) at different times and different levels of wheel slippage, angle of the steering wheel and lateral acceleration.

Cameron@xperformance
11-21-2005, 03:00 PM
The aftermarket ACD (ralliart) can customize the programming of the ACD unit to lock / unlock (yes, it does it can do it variably in between) at different times and different levels of wheel slippage, angle of the steering wheel and lateral acceleration.
will it fit on the USDM EVO?

lqdchkn
11-22-2005, 01:00 AM
Please see the following pdf file to see how the ACD works.
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/corporate/about_us/technology/review/e/pdf/2001/13E_09.pdf

Whoa! That was a tough read.