PDA

View Full Version : WR is in, thanks Works for your help....

Stormtrooper
11-16-2005, 01:15 PM
I did the turbo install this Sunday, and went to Works for the flash and fuel pump on Monday. I was getting a wild boost spike close to 30psi (luckily there was some race gas still left in the tank).

Pete didn't want to chase the problem with software in case it was a mechanical problem (esp. since i did the install myself) which could have possibly gotten worse in the future and possibly during a track day. Works then took a tremendous amount of time diagnosing and swapping different parts (the whole day) to find the source of the problem. It ended up that everything was fine, and with my setup they just needed to lower the boost map.

Thanks to Works for putting safety and reliability first. I'm pretty sure that every other tuner out there would have just adjusted the the boost map and sent me on my way.

-Jeff

gOt BoOsT
11-16-2005, 01:21 PM
in the end that's all they did anyways :?

MarkSAE
11-16-2005, 01:28 PM
So how do you like it Jeff? You gonna be dynoing your car this saturday?

Lucky
11-16-2005, 03:19 PM
Jeff,

How do you like it? Come to the dinner meet on thursday and show it off.

~Lucky

Stormtrooper
11-16-2005, 03:44 PM
hehe well actually i think what they really gave me was peace of mind which is why I'd imagine a lot of people end up going with works parts anyways.

So far I really like the turbo. The power is solid all the way from the onset of boost to redline. Another big improvement is the drivability.... I haven't been able to get this turbo to surge yet at partial throttle. Gains I can't say for sure (I don't trust my butt dyno right now since it was just thrown around with 30psi spikes recently) but it was definitely an improvement over the stock turbo.

The turbo builds boost very fast. I noticed that in lower gears, the spool time is a little longer than stock, but in the upper gears it seems like its faster than stock. Also in the upper gears i'm noticing that I can start spooling lower than with the stock turbo (5th gear i can get it spooling at 2500-2600rpm). Not sure if these are just random observations, but thats just what I noticed.

The crappy thing is I know my "opinion" on the changes gets more and more inaccurate the longer I drive on only this turbo. Maybe at the thursday meet we can do some more comparisons to stock turbo.

-Jeff

Matz
11-16-2005, 04:52 PM
in the end that's all they did anyways :?

Yes, but the point is that they put customer service first, and spent an entire day with Stormtrooper, instead of rushing him out so they could do other stuff.

Cameron@xperformance
11-16-2005, 06:57 PM
whens your next autox? i want to see your new turbo :twisted:

evo_dadi
11-16-2005, 08:27 PM
hey jeff did you got the upgraded actuator with it? i bet youre loving it now huh :twisted:

Stormtrooper
11-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Cameron.... The only thing on my schedule right now is a thunderhill track day, no autoxs yet. How's slush been lately? Any ones planned for Marina again?

hey marcel, yeah i got the upgraded actuator with it, yeah driving around with this turbo is pretty fun =D Hows your setup doing?

-Jeff

ZK
11-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Jeff,

When you gonna dyno that thing? I'd like to see what the WR does on a 05 car esp. with CA91 gas.

bdking57
11-17-2005, 03:07 PM
I know that someone has been scheming to have his super stripped down car ready for the marina slush series. Ill be there to cheer at least.. probably need to run.

Cameron.... The only thing on my schedule right now is a thunderhill track day, no autoxs yet. How's slush been lately? Any ones planned for Marina again?

hey marcel, yeah i got the upgraded actuator with it, yeah driving around with this turbo is pretty fun =D Hows your setup doing?

-Jeff

vtluu
11-17-2005, 05:04 PM
I know that someone has been scheming to have his super stripped down car ready for the marina slush series. Ill be there to cheer at least.. probably need to run.
The first E-Modified class Evo, heheh.

Cameron@xperformance
11-17-2005, 05:05 PM
i think my dad is planning on going to marina

vtluu
11-17-2005, 05:07 PM
I'll be running the soapbar-with-wheels in C Stock-Street Tire. Need to wear down these mediocre Cooper tires it came with so I can put on some 'Kooks.

evo_dadi
11-17-2005, 09:20 PM

-Jeff

scca's gonna be in marina on dec.4 i think so its gonna be fun and ill be there also.hope navid is the chairperson for this event :twisted: my set ups doing pretty good but suspension just really needs some attention and some better tires :cry:

Stormtrooper
11-19-2005, 11:46 AM
awesome....looks like i'll be seeing you guys there

Cameron@xperformance
11-19-2005, 09:45 PM
The first E-Modified class Evo, heheh.
osp?