PDA

View Full Version : Rants and Rave

Pages : [1] 2

evo_dadi
03-12-2004, 10:23 PM
I know things get crazy everyday and sometimes you cant do anything about it but you need to let some steam off. so here's a place where you can let it off but here's the kicker no profanities!! no flaming!! no name calling!!

this thread will be closely monitored and this is to help out our fellow members :peace:

ez76
03-13-2004, 01:23 AM
i hate drivers in front of me who throw cigarettes out of their car window. there, i said it.

i also hate people who decide to clean their windshield on the highway. OEM's should disable the wiper fluid above 15mph.

damn i am full of hate huh? ok, gotta end on a positive note:

i think motorcycles are cool and i always move over so they can get by in thick traffic.

peace.

brwnrice
03-13-2004, 01:39 AM
hate people bust ass and not admitting to it even though there is only you and that person :eek:

vtluu
03-13-2004, 01:40 AM
I get really annoyed by:
- People who drive with their foglights on, when there's not a trace of fog anywhere. :?
- People who drive "gangsta-style" with one hand on the wheel at the 12 o'clock position. Jeez! :roll:
- SUVs driven by people who can't drive (meaning 95% of them).
- Those frickin' gawdawful spinner rims. AAARGH! :x

brwnrice
03-13-2004, 01:43 AM
I get really annoyed by:
- People who drive with their foglights on, when there's not a trace of fog anywhere. :?

hahaha, jan is so guilty of that

vtluu
03-13-2004, 01:45 AM
Yes, both Mr. and Mrs. Solo. If anyone can prove to me it improves safety in some way (I mean, that's why I drive with my headlights on during the day), then maybe I'll change my mind...

BluEvo
03-13-2004, 01:50 AM
proof:

more lights to see you coming at them in your rear view mirror at lightning fast speeds! :lol:

howiEVO8
03-13-2004, 02:24 AM
I get really annoyed by:
- People who drive "gangsta-style" with one hand on the wheel at the 12 o'clock position. Jeez! :roll:

its a known factor ppl like to drive with their fog lights on, even though there isn't a trace of foul weather, there's a reason why so many car manufacturers produce cosmetic fog lights :)

they don't physically enchance your vision but they enhance the appearance of the car :)

blitzkrgCT9A
03-13-2004, 02:33 AM
I get really annoyed by:

its a known factor ppl like to drive with their fog lights on, even though there isn't a trace of foul weather, there's a reason why so many car manufacturers produce cosmetic fog lights :)

they don't physically enchance your vision but they enhance the appearance of the car :)

HA! Howie! :lol: add some neons sticks under your ride! ;)

howiEVO8
03-13-2004, 02:41 AM
lolz...i will....but i gotta get my sound system done first...hehe

warpspeed
03-13-2004, 03:07 AM
Here is something to add to what Tam said about SUVs.
I hate people who drives SUVs and think they are all tough and big and when they get out of their SUVs, their only 4'11" :lol:

mok97
03-13-2004, 10:50 AM
I hate people that drive Mustangs that think there faster than me... Ecspecially the Mach 1's...

brwnrice
03-13-2004, 11:05 AM
hate working on a saturday :pissed: like i'm doing right now

vtluu
03-13-2004, 11:14 AM
I hate people who drives SUVs and think they are all tough and big and when they get out of their SUVs, their only 4'11" :lol:
Yeah, people who can't even see over the dashboard of their monster-mobiles; reminds me of this thread (http://www.solo2.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/2/t/001403.html) I saw over at Solo2.org:

Yesterday, while waiting for on-coming traffic so I could make a yeilding left - Wham!

I was smacked in the rear by a Ford Expedition. After the initial impact, I assumed it was all over - wrong - they hit me again, pushing me out of the way and passing me on the right. I thought at first they were leaving the scene, but they pulled over after clearing the intersection.

When I got out, I met a very apologetic older lady who said she was sorry, but she didn't know I was in front of her, that she couldn't see me over her hood! (which explains, I guess, the second hit)

Fairly minor actually, take about a week to fix, parts already ordered, damage about $2800. (yes, she had insurance)

I knew my Miata was small, but Geez!
:x

evo_dadi
03-13-2004, 01:08 PM
hate working on a saturday :pissed: like i'm doing right now

same here man :werd: and you would think saturday would be easy for my job,hell nah!!!! it sucks more cause of more people flipping me off while delivering their mail :axe: :offrant:

vtluu
03-13-2004, 01:19 PM
it sucks more cause of more people flipping me off while delivering their mail
Jeez. What's up with that? :roll: I usually say hi to the mailman if we happen to cross paths.

evo_dadi
03-13-2004, 09:07 PM
they flip me off because im driving slow on the right side of the road,i guess they cant figure it out that im delivering mail and going box to box. what sucks also is we cant do it back to them to let them know that they are being an ass.

brwnrice
03-13-2004, 09:32 PM
just go "POSTAL" on them man...problem solved!

vtluu
03-13-2004, 09:38 PM
You should get the USPS "eagle" logo painted/decaled full-size onto your Evo, and deliver mail using that. That'll teach 'em. :D

evo_dadi
03-14-2004, 07:56 AM
just go "POSTAL" on them man...problem solved!
as much as i would love to do that but it'll just waste my time,but there are plenty of other customers who make it up while working :wink:

You should get the USPS "eagle" logo painted/decaled full-size onto your Evo, and deliver mail using that. That'll teach 'em.
man if i do that my car would be full of scratches and bumps :shock: maybe doing express delivery yeah since i cruise it while doing that :driving:

torrentprime
03-14-2004, 11:11 PM
I get really annoyed by:

I know what you mean about the fog lights, but what I don't like even more than people who drive with them on is that it is illegal to do so. I saw a cop pull a guy over because of the fog lights being on and ticket him (it was Mardi Gras, and the cops were busting everyone left and right to thin the crowd out)
[begin libertarian rant]
How does a stupid law like that make our society safer? How much is it worth our cops' time to investigate and pull over a guy for committing the horrible crime of driving with too much light? It is just another way for the state to make money by making more things illegal so that tickets can be written and fees collected. Just because some of us may find it annoying does that mean it has to be illegal?
I remember watching the cop write the ticket and thinking, "Wow, I am glad that this officer is using my tax money to bust this dangerous offender. Hopefully, this crime which causes so much damage and hurts so many people will be stamped out. I am glad that when someone calls to report a stolen car or a burgled apartment and we are told that there isn't enough manpower to investigate such a crime, now I know why--the police have much higher priorities to investigate."
grrrr
[end libertarian rant]
:offrant:

brwnrice
03-14-2004, 11:20 PM
YEY! got a boost guage today! APEXI EL series boost guage plus control unit. got it for $162 OTD from the APEXI garage sale. : :band:

vtluu
03-15-2004, 12:13 AM
I know what you mean about the fog lights, but what I don't like even more than people who drive with them on is that it is illegal to do so. I saw a cop pull a guy over because of the fog lights being on and ticket him (it was Mardi Gras, and the cops were busting everyone left and right to thin the crowd out)
Yeah, IMO driving with highbeams on is actually dangerous because the glare can blind and/or distract oncoming drivers (and even drivers ahead of you), but fog lights are just annoying, not dangerous.

When I'm following a car on the freeway--especially in a caravan where I tend to follow more closely--I'll use the headlight level control to lower my lights all the way.

warpspeed
03-22-2004, 02:33 PM
Don't you just hate people that slow down when they see a CHP giving someone a ticket on the side of the road. :pissed: . Now come on people, are they really going to drop everything a go after you instead!? http://www.angelfire.com/super/typesdragoon/Smileys/bash.gif

JanSolo
03-22-2004, 03:05 PM
My positive rant. I got my Defi boost gauge installed on Saturday night (thanks Gavin from Works!). I love it's ability to record boost levels from me driving and then play them back for when I pull over.

vtluu
03-22-2004, 03:25 PM
positive rant
Otherwise known as a rave. :P

JanSolo
03-22-2004, 03:49 PM
positive rant
Otherwise known as a rave. :P

Raves are parties where little kids take ecstasy, hop around with glow sticks and wear stupid clothes.

vtluu
03-22-2004, 03:56 PM
Raves are parties where little kids take ecstasy, hop around with glow sticks and wear stupid clothes.
Who sounds like an old man now? :P

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rave

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=rave

The name given to an electronic music scene made up of Generation Xers that was "underground" in the early-to-mid 1990s, but which became extremely commercialized and eventually died out at the end of the last century. A number of teenagers and twentysomethings who were too young to attend raves back then now go around calling themselves "ravers" and listen to electronic music thinking that the rave scene is still flourising.

JanSolo
03-22-2004, 03:59 PM
Who sounds like an old man now? :P

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rave

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=rave

The name given to an electronic music scene made up of Generation Xers that was "underground" in the early-to-mid 1990s, but which became extremely commercialized and eventually died out at the end of the last century. A number of teenagers and twentysomethings who were too young to attend raves back then now go around calling themselves "ravers" and listen to electronic music thinking that the rave scene is still flourising.

At least I've been to one before. :)

nebolic
03-22-2004, 04:32 PM
Rave = Big Orgy Fest. muhaaaa

lambtron
03-22-2004, 06:13 PM
I hate:
- People who don't fucking move over when I come up on them doing 80 in the fast lane and they're doing 60

- People slowing down in front of me when a cop is pulled over writing someone a ticket or what have you

- Fucking rubberneckers

- People who make idle threats

- Little punk ass 15yr old boys who harrass my sister and think they are tough and say they will beat my ass...only to realize that they're asking for a world of hurt

- How things very seldom go right in my life

- How friends will blow off plans with me to go hang out with their gf/bf

- How friends always come running back to me for advice, comfort, someone to talk to when they have problems with their bf/gf

- How drama always seems to find me

- My web design teacher

- How bad things happen to good people

- When people who live in the US say they hate it here(fucking get out of this country you fucks)

- People who want guns banned and their only reasons are that they think banning guns will make the US safer.

Damn I hate a lot of things, I can go on forever, but now after writing this long ass list, I've done nothing but piss myself off thinking about all these dumbass things.

-

vtluu
03-22-2004, 06:18 PM
:yikes:

JanSolo
03-22-2004, 06:20 PM
I hate George W. Bush.

I know he has done a lot to help our ailing weapons industry as best he can.. and he is doing a lot for funeral homes everywhere, but really - we don't need that kind of help that bad.

BluEvo
03-22-2004, 06:23 PM
i hate my allergies!

got a slight sinus infection, eyes are ichy, throat is scratchy!

now i've got this bangin head-ache :bandhead:

enough said! :evil:

ez76
03-22-2004, 06:36 PM
i hate when the bug is consistently reproducible except when the code is running in the debugger

also, i hate people at work who take up two spots because they park carelessly, especially when they are SUVs in compact spots. i don't mind SUVs in compact spots here, because our work parking lot was designed by tards with no sense of the vehicle distribution, but at least SUV owners could help make the best of the situation by actually PARKING BETWEEN THE LINES once in a while.

lambtron
03-22-2004, 07:11 PM
driving home tonight, i also HATE with a passion, the dumb bitches who almost rear end you because they're talking on their celllphone, trying to do makeup and drive at the same time. JESUS! If they should ban something from cars, they should ban vanity mirrors on teh drivers side, and make it ILLEGAL to do makeup while driving save that shit for home ladies.

JanSolo
03-22-2004, 07:17 PM
i hate when the bug is consistently reproducible except when the code is running in the debugger

Welcome to software hell.

I had something like this happen today. The issue happened, so I bust out airopeek and etherpeek and then it just disappears like a thief in the night.

Your pain = my pain.

ez76
03-22-2004, 07:21 PM
They should make vanity mirrors have an interlock that's released only when the transmission is in park and similarly can't put the vehicle into drive unless the vanity mirror is closed :-D

vtluu
03-23-2004, 12:07 AM
Man, you sure are bitter for a guy your age.

- When people who live in the US say they hate it here(fucking get out of this country you fucks)
Yeah, I love those countries where no-one complains about the government and nobody says they hate the way things are in their country. Like Iran. Or China. Or North Korea. I would say it's your right, no, your patriotic duty to complain about this country. If you don't exercise your rights you're no better off than in any of those other places.

Anyway if you had just written a check for $21000 to the IRS, you would feel more entitled to complain. :bandhead:

At least you get to vote. As a Canadian, I'm taxed without representation. (I feel the need to go to Boston and throw tea off a boat. ;))

BluEvo
03-23-2004, 02:01 AM
so, i almost came close to getting the whole drivers side of my Evo broad sided on my way home from work. a green mini van pulled a 3 lane switch from the fast lane to the 3rd lane without even looking over. she came so close to hitting me i could stick my arm out the window and open her passenger door. as i swerved half way into the next lane honking my (not so loud) horn, i peeked over and the frickin lady was on her cell phone. WTF! :pissed: get a damn ear piece and avoid a proud Evo owner who would love to sue ur ass to repair the ever so expensive body parts that we have!

sorry guys/gals, just needed to get that out! i'm glad she didn't hit me though....i'd hate to be w/o my Evo :tears:

vtluu
03-23-2004, 02:53 AM
I'll admit I rarely use the headset on my celphone, but then again I (very) rarely use my celphone while driving, and when I do, I don't try to pull any maneuvers, just stay in my lane and keep my eyes open for traffic. And finish my phone call quickly! :?

GReddy_917
03-23-2004, 08:42 AM
It seems like for most people driving, as soon as that cell phone touches their head....any and all brain activity, motor functions and sense of direction become inactive.

If you cant drive in a strait line while talking on the cell phone you should be pulled over and ticketed for being a complete dumshit.

If you get pulled over again for the same or related reason, the CHP should have authority to shoot you on site and spit on your corpse.

lambtron
03-23-2004, 09:51 AM
I use my cellphone all the time when driving....but mine has speakerphone.

lambtron
03-23-2004, 09:53 AM
Man, you sure are bitter for a guy your age.

Yeah, I love those countries where no-one complains about the government and nobody says they hate the way things are in their country. Like Iran. Or China. Or North Korea. I would say it's your right, no, your patriotic duty to complain about this country. If you don't exercise your rights you're no better off than in any of those other places.

Anyway if you had just written a check for $21000 to the IRS, you would feel more entitled to complain. :bandhead:

At least you get to vote. As a Canadian, I'm taxed without representation. (I feel the need to go to Boston and throw tea off a boat. ;))

I agree with you to an extent, but I think you caught the wrong idea. Im talking about people I've come across who literally say "I hate living in this fucking country"...you hate living here so much, do something about it and quit whining.

lambtron
03-23-2004, 09:58 AM
oh I just thought of another thing I hate. Illegal immigrants. Yeah I admit, most of them take the jobs we don't want, but damn, they need to stay put in their own country, or legally move here. I also hate the fact that the mexican military fucking fires upon our border patrol guys all along the border in texas(you never hear about it on the news...well you rarely do) And we don't really do anything about it. Yeah the border patrol fires back of course, but I'd LOVE to see how the mexican military likes it when we send our military to the border and start firing back at them...hopefully killing every last one of those sorry fucks.

JanSolo
03-23-2004, 10:18 AM
I think people are limited in respect to what they can do. For instance, this country was founded upon a revolution. Yet if we ever attempted to have one in order to move Bush out of office, or to clean up the current state we are in, we would be labeled as unpatriotic, treasonous bastards.

And then there is the issue of nuclear weapons. The US government does not want anyone in the world to have any kind of nuclear weapons except for the US. Yet the US is the only country that has ever used them on anyone else.

After reading books like "Stupid White Men", I find it hard to be supportive of our government and especially the current administration.

BluEvo
03-23-2004, 01:14 PM
If you get pulled over again for the same or related reason, the CHP should have authority to shoot you on site and spit on your corpse.
:lol:
:ahnold:

vtluu
03-23-2004, 01:56 PM
After reading books like "Stupid White Men", I find it hard to be supportive of our government and especially the current administration.
I'm no fan of the current administration either but I think Michael Moore is a preachy, whiny, pretentious idiot.

RonV
03-23-2004, 02:05 PM
I think people are limited in respect to what they can do. For instance, this country was founded upon a revolution. Yet if we ever attempted to have one in order to move Bush out of office, or to clean up the current state we are in, we would be labeled as unpatriotic, treasonous bastards.

And then there is the issue of nuclear weapons. The US government does not want anyone in the world to have any kind of nuclear weapons except for the US. Yet the US is the only country that has ever used them on anyone else.

After reading books like "Stupid White Men", I find it hard to be supportive of our government and especially the current administration. Jan, I got halfway through that book before I threw it in the Trash. That book is a total piece of shit. Mr. Moore is a dingbat. I'm suprised you made it through the whole book.

JanSolo
03-23-2004, 02:07 PM
Jan, I got halfway through that book before I threw it in the Trash. That book is a total piece of shit. Mr. Moore is a dingbat. I'm suprised you made it through the whole book.

I actually didn't make it very far. After reading it, I just wanted to find an island and make my own government after I realized that they are all corrupt.

lambtron
03-23-2004, 02:41 PM
Add another one to my list...

-When you wash your car, and go ALL out not just the exterior,but actually clean the interior real good...pretty much do a full detail job, and then, a semi-truck runs thru a puddle splashes your car and a bird shits on your roof.

lambtron
03-23-2004, 02:42 PM
on another note, I really really really enjoy this thread. :-)

ez76
03-23-2004, 03:33 PM
i hate that catalytic converters are so restrictive

lambtron
03-23-2004, 07:09 PM
i hate emissions laws.

ez76
03-25-2004, 02:32 PM
Just installed a new fuel rail this morning, was at full boost on 237 when I heard an evil pop and lost power.

Turns out my upper intercooler/intake hose (which we'd taken off to get to some bolts) had not been re-clamped tight enough and had blown off under 23psi. Did not have tools on me either so had to call AAA who promptly dispatched a flatbed who came out and gave me better re-clampage. Pro-Star Towing got there right quickly and I was on my way in a few minutes.

Moral of the story: THANK YOU AAA/PRO-STAR TOWING, F**K WORM DRIVE CLAMPS, and keep some basic tools on hand in your ride!

lambtron
03-25-2004, 03:31 PM
at least it was not an evil pop follwed by thick black smoke out your exhaust and flames out your hood?

CollinsT
03-31-2004, 12:38 AM
I hate old people and how they tip bad ( I am a server ) and cant drive at all....I swear they need to requalify on their driving skills, if they cant pass oh well had them keys over.

vtluu
03-31-2004, 01:30 AM
Old people tip pretty good. Just give 'em a good shove, they'll fall right over! ;)

lambtron
04-01-2004, 12:19 AM
Oh, I also hate how people can't spell right, have a shitload of grammatical errors in their writing and always use horrible sentence structure. I admit that on boards/forums such as this I use internet slang, and I don't use proper english much, or anything that remotely relates to good sentence structure, but damn I was proofreading a friend's report tonight and I was baffled at how he could suck so horribly bad. I dunno, it just bugs me when I see shit like reports, articles, etc., outside of the internet realm that just have a shitload of grammatical errors and horrible sentence structure and words like "course" misspelled as "corse"...damnit why do stupid things make me so mad

GReddy_917
04-01-2004, 07:26 AM
Old people tip pretty good. Just give 'em a good shove, they'll fall right over! ;)

LOL

uhoh_evo
04-01-2004, 09:48 AM
i hate having no extra "mod-money" because i always have to replace/repair a stock item (ie: blew right-rear tire, did not have $250 at time so i bought second best grade yokohama @ $150). I can't wait to get some degrees under my belt so the real money can start raining down on me. :wink:

lambtron
04-01-2004, 09:52 AM
I have no extra mod money because I'm buying a powerbook.

nebolic
04-01-2004, 10:01 AM
i hate having no extra "mod-money" because i always have to replace/repair a stock item (ie: blew right-rear tire, did not have $250 at time so i bought second best grade yokohama @ $150). I can't wait to get some degrees under my belt so the real money can start raining down on me. :wink:

i agree, however the current job market sucks butthole... and being a fresh college grad, most employers will lowball you with the salary.

:shock:

Nebo

uhoh_evo
04-01-2004, 10:42 AM
I have no extra mod money because I'm buying a powerbook.
But at least you're buying something new you don't already have.

xchoirboy
04-01-2004, 12:22 PM
i hate the drivin laws in the U.S. I prefer German rules.
1. Get on freeway mash the gas till it doesn't go any further.
2. Once you pass someone move to the right. Move to the left as needed to pass (repeat as needed).

:driving:

nebolic
04-01-2004, 01:20 PM
i hate being at work and needing to poop hella bad and every stall is taken up. muhaaaaaaa

xchoirboy
04-01-2004, 01:52 PM
i hate being at work and needing to poop hella bad and every stall is taken up. muhaaaaaaa

try being in stall next to the guy who doesn't curtsy flush.

:barf:

vtluu
04-01-2004, 02:05 PM
2. Once you pass someone move to the right. Move to the left as needed to pass (repeat as needed).
:werd:
That's what you're supposed to do here too, but most dumbass CA/US drivers just don't get it. :roll:

Airgiod
04-01-2004, 08:08 PM
they should post it like that...i've seen it posted in other states and that seems to work.

Black_EVO
04-03-2004, 10:10 PM

try being in stall next to the guy who doesn't curtsy flush.

They should post that too. :barf:

warpspeed
04-04-2004, 09:48 AM
Don't you guys hate those people that know that they are going to cross a bridge and pay toll and not bringing any money so the toll taker has to take down their license number down which backs up everybody!

Black_EVO
04-04-2004, 11:52 AM
Don't you guys hate those people that know that they are going to cross a bridge and pay toll and not bringing any money so the toll taker has to take down their license number down which backs up everybody!

I'm guilty of that... once! Now I keep atleast $4 in the ca :bandhead:

torrentprime
04-05-2004, 05:22 PM
NEVER, EVER let your not-very-good-at-planning friends arrange Spring Break. Because they might
a) schedule the WRONG week to be at all the parties
b) have a brother who SELLS his boat and jet skis you are going to be using the whole time the day before you get there
c) when in Vegas drink and gamble away the money they are supposed to pay you back with for the room you PREPAID for.

ARRRGGGGHHHHHH

evo_dadi
04-05-2004, 06:32 PM
NEVER, EVER let your not-very-good-at-planning friends arrange Spring Break. Because they might
a) schedule the WRONG week to be at all the parties
b) have a brother who SELLS his boat and jet skis you are going to be using the whole time the day before you get there
c) when in Vegas drink and gamble away the money they are supposed to pay you back with for the room you PREPAID for.

ARRRGGGGHHHHHH

wow :shock: :shock: talk about having a short spring break then :pissed: i feel you there bro thats why i have my own back up plan when things like these happens.

torrentprime
04-05-2004, 07:35 PM
Oh, we had a back-up plan. I told my friends: we are going to Las Vegas (the original trip was to Lake Havasu City, AZ). As soon as we find out we lost the jetskis and that Havasu was dead last week, I said, "We are leaving for Vegas in one hour." We spent 2 days there, had a great time. The whole trip, overall, went well, but bad planning and people backing out out on stuff wasted a couple days and a lot of driving.
But Vegas is always fun... :twisted:

evo_dadi
04-05-2004, 08:02 PM
yup vegas is always fun where for some reason youre sleeping schedule turns upside down ;) and make frequent trips to the buffet lines.

torrentprime
04-05-2004, 08:18 PM
yup vegas is always fun where for some reason youre sleeping schedule changes turns upside down ;)and make frequent trips to the buffet lines.Yeah, dude. The last day there I remember walking out of the MGM Grand at 7 AM into a rain storm (after getting a limo ride back to the hotel from a hooker--THAT was interesting) and realizing that we had to check out of our hotel in 5 hours and I hadn't gone to bed yet... :buds:

evo_dadi
04-05-2004, 08:22 PM
ahem "hooker" eh lol i remember going to sleep with 4hrs left till check out talk about rushing it :(

nebolic
04-05-2004, 08:55 PM
speaking of Vegas, i went when it was the worst time possilbe to go. I was at vegas 1 week after 9/11 to attend my bosses wedding. My flight was canceled and I had to drive my a$$ to vegas, took me 12+ hours. and on top of that, the god damn strip was closed. bahhhhhh. the only good thing was since it was so dead, i got free drinks everywhere i went.

evo_dadi
04-05-2004, 08:58 PM
speaking of Vegas, i went when it was the worst time possilbe to go. I was at vegas 1 week after 9/11 to attend my bosses wedding. My flight was canceled and I had to drive my a$$ to vegas, took me 12+ hours. and on top of that, the god damn strip was closed. bahhhhhh. the only good thing was since it was so dead, i got free drinks everywhere i went.

thats what i heard also and a lot of employee's suffered from it.they were even dropping all the prices on hotels and shows.

vtluu
04-05-2004, 09:02 PM
thats what i heard also and a lot of employee's suffered from it.they were even dropping all the prices on hotels and shows.
Yeah, I went to Vegas for the first time in December '01 and stayed at the Venetian for something like $65 a night. 8)

evo_dadi
04-05-2004, 09:16 PM
Yeah, I went to Vegas for the first time in December '01 and stayed at the Venetian for something like $65 a night. 8)
dang 65bux a night!!! i should have went also but me and my wife were more thinking of 9/11 plus we were on the phone with my brother a lot since he wanted to be sent with the rest of the dod guys.

nebolic
04-05-2004, 09:24 PM
yeah i stayed at circus circus for $35 bucks, it was originally $90 but when i checked in they decided to give me a discount. WOrked out for me. Yeah when i was taking a cab ride, the cab driver was b!tching all day, cause no flights came in all week so there was no business. yikes. those were pretty rough times.

xchoirboy
04-06-2004, 06:30 AM
I stayed at the New York New York for a week. That was my first time in Vegas. I went during Comdex, big mistake. The place was totally packed. I prefer Tahoe much better (not so busy).

vtluu
04-06-2004, 09:02 AM
I went during Comdex, big mistake.
Yeah, you should have gone the week after when the Adult Video Awards are held there, and also some kind of porn convention. :lol:

torrentprime
04-06-2004, 09:55 AM
Yeah, dude. The last day there I remember walking out of the MGM Grand at 7 AM into a rain storm (after getting a limo ride back to the hotel from a hooker--THAT was interesting) and realizing that we had to check out of our hotel in 5 hours and I hadn't gone to bed yet... :buds:
Man--I make a great hooker comment, and no one takes the bait... :roll:

CollinsT
04-06-2004, 08:38 PM

WHAT AHHAHAAHA

brwnrice
04-28-2004, 10:20 AM
somebody egg'ed my car again :pissed:

torrentprime
04-28-2004, 10:25 AM
Dude!
That calls for instant death.

BluEvo
04-28-2004, 10:46 AM
wtf! GATHER THE TROOPS! WE'RE GOING HUNTING! :box: :ninja: :ahnold:

warpspeed
04-28-2004, 10:50 AM
Damn! Where did it happen?

evo_dadi
04-28-2004, 12:12 PM
lol since they know you can pretty much spank whatever they're driving they hit you when youre not in the car.just says they got no balls to see you head on.

kimmievo
04-28-2004, 01:08 PM
wtf! GATHER THE TROOPS! WE'RE GOING HUNTING! :box: :ninja: :ahnold:

I have some (clears throat) "Italian family members" in South City that owe me a few "favors." If you need my help finding these bastages, let me know! :x

Black_EVO
04-28-2004, 03:01 PM
No offense to chicks but I hate it when they drag thier heels on my side skirts. My wife does it all the time and it is a biznach to get off. :flowers:

kimmievo
04-28-2004, 11:39 PM
I hate when your front passenger tries to fold their leg over and scratches up your glove compartment with their shoe!!!!!

I also hate when someone closes their door by pushing the window. I have a friend that always does that, and it eventually caused a window rattle in my Eclipse.

And here's another....... My friend saw my car for the first time the other day and his response was "Oh, it's just a Lancer." Excuse me, but it's not JUST a Lancer.....I gave him a ration for that comment!

559EVO
04-29-2004, 01:15 AM
You know what I hate?
When you race a guy for $ and find out after you beat him that he was so confident that he was going to win that he doesnt have $$.
Good way to get tazed,haha

brwnrice
04-29-2004, 06:20 AM
it happened in my neighborhood in sunnyvale. the first time i thought it was just a prank by some high school kids, but the second that means that somebody is hating. i think i might have to camp out, bring out my paint gun and put on my ghile suit.

xchoirboy
04-29-2004, 06:31 AM
And here's another....... My friend saw my car for the first time the other day and his response was "Oh, it's just a Lancer." Excuse me, but it's not JUST a Lancer.....I gave him a ration for that comment!

Some guy at Winerschnetzel asked me if my car was a Lancer. I said no its a Evo. I think that may have confused him even more. Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with a Lancer but, I didn't buy a Lancer I bought a Evo.

kimmievo
04-29-2004, 10:10 AM

Some guy at Winerschnetzel asked me if my car was a Lancer. I said no its a Evo. I think that may have confused him even more. Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with a Lancer but, I didn't buy a Lancer I bought a Evo.

Exactly!!!!!

BluEvo
04-29-2004, 10:27 AM

:werd: the reason why i took off the Lancer part of the badge...

Black_EVO
04-29-2004, 11:20 PM
I grow ever so tired of the "Is that thing fast?" question. Sometimes I feel like saying " No, I bought it for for fuel economy, gets 23 on the fwy!!" :peewee:

BluEvo
04-30-2004, 11:05 AM
I grow ever so tired of the "Is that thing fast?" you should of said, no its furious! lolz

evo_dadi
05-06-2004, 08:25 PM
so i went to kragen today to buy some oil and was about to check out when i started talking to the guy that works there.so he asked me what car am i gonna use it for so i told him its for my evo.then he peeks outside and said regular oil is fine for it im all "wtf" you serious right then he's yeah its only 4 cylinders its not like a 6 or 8.almost started laughing but i just started walking out to my car.man to think the guy works there and doesnt know shit!!!!!!!!!!!

JanSolo
05-06-2004, 09:17 PM
man to think the guy works there and doesnt know shit!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you figured out why he is still working at Kragens.

Black_EVO
05-06-2004, 09:51 PM
Just imagine if someone who didn't know anything about thier car had taken this moron's advice. Bye Bye warranty!

JanSolo
05-06-2004, 10:31 PM
Rave.

Goddamn, Super Troopers is a funny movie. I remember seeing it and dying laughing. Ok, so I laugh at some pretty stupid movies: Old School ("One vagina!"), Happy Gilmore ("How about a warm glass of shut the hell up?") and Apocalypse Now. Just kidding about the last one.. or am I? Anyways, I just loved the part where the cops are doing target practice on the other cop who is wearing a bulletproof jock strap. Or the stupid syrup chugging contests. It's base, it's simple, but it made me laugh.

My friend who is an SJPD officer says he and all the other cops LOVE watching Super Troopers. They even do the meow game to people when they pull them over. Or the echo game. I need to do a ride along and see that happen.

Rant.

Oh and I went to Target tonight to buy some stuff for Rim of the World, and I happened upon the car section there and noticed the uber cool Car and Driver spinning hubcaps. Does anyone actually buy these? And since when did Car And Driver decide that appealing to the lowest common denominator was a viable source of revenue? For shame, Car And Driver.

Rant.

I hate cars that sound like motorcycles. Some kids drove by me in a Honda the other day with their motorcycle sounding exhaust and were basically begging me to race them. Cooler heads prevailed, of course and they were on their merry way, driving by a crowded shopping mall at 70mph. Cuz you know it's safe to drive to drive that fast in slow, heavy traffic. At least the person that they hit will hear them coming.

Reminds me of this little movie (http://eurotuned.com/multimedia/gti_vs_civic.htm). BEST EXHAUST SOUND EVER.

Black_EVO
05-06-2004, 10:52 PM
That 'lil vid is funny as hell. ROFLOL My wife thinks I'm nuts cuz I can't stop laughing. Ahhhhhh that's great :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

evo_dadi
05-06-2004, 11:35 PM
hahahaha wtf was that.

SouthernCrane
05-07-2004, 07:25 AM
Rant.

Oh and I went to Target tonight to buy some stuff for Rim of the World, and I happened upon the car section there and noticed the uber cool Car and Driver spinning hubcaps. Does anyone actually buy these? And since when did Car And Driver decide that appealing to the lowest common denominator was a viable source of revenue? For shame, Car And Driver.

I have seen them on cars :lol:

xchoirboy
05-07-2004, 08:31 AM
one word for that clip :werd: but HELLA funny.

CollinsT
05-20-2004, 11:15 AM
indeed

hellz Evo
06-09-2004, 09:33 PM
I hate stupid companies marketing stuff made in china and korea under japanese brand names. I hate companies manufacturing brand names in Taiwan, china and Korea and market it as if it is a decent product. They take a design get a mold made and get it reproduced for pennies while major name brand companies spend millions on research and development. I wish I could name them, most people have a heart attack when they find out about this crap. It makes me so mad, when I see hard earned money paid to buy crap worth nothing for what they claim to be. Some day when I am out retailing I will talk and the world will know. :evil:

Black_EVO
06-09-2004, 10:51 PM
I hate stupid companies marketing stuff made in china and korea under japanese brand names. I hate companies manufacturing brand names in Taiwan, china and Korea and market it as if it is a decent product. They take a design get a mold made and get it reproduced for pennies while major name brand companies spend millions on research and development. I wish I could name them, most people have a heart attack when they find out about this crap. It makes me so mad, when I see hard earned money paid to buy crap worth nothing for what they claim to be. Some day when I am out retailing I will talk and the world will know. :evil: :werd:

vtluu
06-19-2004, 11:06 PM
Driving 152W to Watsonville this morning... Nice little windy road, fun drive... except for morons in SUVs, minivans and campers who aparently don't understand the signs that say "SLOWER TRAFFIC USE TURN-OFFS". :bandhead: When you've had an Evo hanging off your tail for the last mile, the time has long passed for you to get a frickin' clue! Eventually, as much as I hated to do it, if they didn't yield after a couple turn-offs, I had to pass them on the double-yellow (in a safe a spot as I could manage). I hate having to pass on the double-yellow! :pissed: People are such dumbasses!

evo_dadi
06-20-2004, 08:42 AM
lol i feel you on that tam ive had my shares with those huge vehicles on a small road like that.

BluEvo
08-08-2004, 12:44 AM
Lay-offs suck asssssss! You give a company a good hard worked 5 years and then you get hit with a lay-off! :pissed: Enough said!

JanSolo
08-08-2004, 09:39 AM
First lay off Terence? Sorry to hear that. :(

BluEvo
08-08-2004, 10:06 PM
First lay off Terence? Sorry to hear that. :(yep, at least i get a severance package out of it. i just have to wait it out a couple months, then look for another job. i've got to stay on until sept 30th to get it.

GReddy_917
08-09-2004, 01:26 PM
wow bro...Im very sorry to hear that you got the boot. :( Call me if you wanna go drown your sorrows in a bottle... :buds:

BluEvo
08-09-2004, 10:03 PM
wow bro...Im very sorry to hear that you got the boot. :( Call me if you wanna go drown your sorrows in a bottle... :buds: :werd: we could do that at D&B's this coming Friday. :wink:

MarkSAE
08-10-2004, 11:02 PM
Sorry to hear about your layoff. I know how it feels. I got cut back in Sept of last year. Luckily, I was able to find another job in January. I was out of work for about 4 months.

The time off was good and felt like it wasn't long enough. Just think of it this way, you have the rest of your life to work. The time you'll have off will be nothing compared to how much you'll be working during your lifetime.

BluEvo
08-11-2004, 12:00 AM
Sorry to hear about your layoff. I know how it feels. I got cut back in Sept of last year. Luckily, I was able to find another job in January. I was out of work for about 4 months.
The time off was good and felt like it wasn't long enough. Just think of it this way, you have the rest of your life to work. The time you'll have off will be nothing compared to how much you'll be working during your lifetime. i hear you bro, i could use some time off.

xchoirboy
08-12-2004, 12:12 PM
Saw a video on Jib Jab about Bush and Kerry that $hiet was hilarious.

http://www.jibjab.com

GReddy_917
08-12-2004, 01:08 PM
Saw a video on Jib Jab about Bush and Kerry that $hiet was hilarious.

http://www.jibjab.com

LOL...that was some funny ass shit... http://www.msprotege.com/vbb225/images/smilies/xxrotflmao.gif

evo_dadi
08-12-2004, 08:50 PM
RANT
man it sucks working on your car with not having the right tools,like just earlier when i was rotating my tires and all have to be done manually.then i found out i was out of anti-seize for the screws but good thing i was able to squeeze the living daylight out of the tube just enough for all the bolts. :x :x

RAVE
when i went for a drive a couple of weekends ago with some buddies down in carmel i noticed how my tires seemed so crappy while turning and was squeeling even on slow turns.well i found out today also that they were under inflated :oops: at about 30-35 :shock: well i got it inflated now to 50 and tried it on a few turns,SCHWEEET!! it felt so much better again. now time to get an alignment done at auto innovations :twisted:

xchoirboy
09-28-2004, 06:39 AM
came across this vid thought I'd share

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNTgwMDg3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

vtluu
09-28-2004, 09:03 AM
Thanks Leroy. I guess it's not the same after you've watched a lot of rallye videos. :P

GReddy_917
09-28-2004, 01:01 PM
came across this vid thought I'd share

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNTgwMDg3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

LOL...So thats what rednecks do for fun....interesting.

vtluu
09-28-2004, 04:10 PM
Got this E-mail from a headhunter (corporate recruiter) today:

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 15:07
Subject: Gaming Graphics Programmers................Southern California.

Hi Viet

Nice looking Mustang........

We are aggressively searching to fill several Graphics Programmer openings southern California.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Graphics Programmer Qualifications:

Must have strong knowledge of hardware accelerated graphics programming and next-gen graphics techniques.

Knowledge of entire path from Maya to game hardware.

Should be competent in all aspects of graphics programming,
from exporting the models/textures,
to in game high level code,
to low level rendering code (shaders/dma/etc)
Understanding of Maya, experience in Maya API programming.
Experience in PS2 vector unit coding or similar low level assembly level graphics programming.
Experience in advanced vertex and pixel shaders.
Experience writing compilers a plus.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GREAT COMPANY
GREAT PAY
FULL RELOCATION
GREAT BONUSES

If interested please contact:

Don Desjardins
Senior Search Consultant
719-527-6774 (office)
719-964-1488 (cell)
[email protected]

"Experts in Recruitment"
They may or may not be "experts in recruitment" but apparently they don't know a damn thing about cars... :roll:

SouthernCrane
09-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Yeah Tam, your Mustang looks GREAT! :lol:

vtluu
09-28-2004, 05:22 PM
Here's the reply I sent:

To: Don Desjardins
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 17:21
Subject: Re: Gaming Graphics Programmers................Southern California.

Hi Don, get back to me when you can correctly identify the car. Or at least what side of the ocean it's from.

GReddy_917
09-28-2004, 06:05 PM
Here's the reply I sent:

To: Don Desjardins
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 17:21
Subject: Re: Gaming Graphics Programmers................Southern California.

Hi Don, get back to me when you can correctly identify the car. Or at least what side of the ocean it's from.

Hahhahaha...that ignorant fool.

JanSolo
09-28-2004, 07:53 PM
Hahah. Well it's kind of like a Mustang in that it has wheels, doors, seats, etc.

DnB_design
09-29-2004, 09:17 AM
RANT
I got a ticket in the Mojave Dessert :cop:
RAVE
The officer was cool about it :afrocool:
and I had fun in Vegas! :3some:

GReddy_917
10-30-2004, 02:03 PM
I would like to just take a moment to say

FUCK BANK OF AMERICA UP THE ASS WITH A JAGGED LEAD SPOON

That is all.

vtluu
10-30-2004, 06:30 PM
I would like to just take a moment to say

FUCK BANK OF AMERICA UP THE ASS WITH A JAGGED LEAD SPOON

That is all.
I'd generally agree. My relationship with BofA (my bank) is what I describe as a "working cease-fire agreement"--i.e. they don't bother me and I don't bother them.

kimmievo
10-31-2004, 01:50 AM
Shameless plug....I work at a small bank in San Mateo. Excellent customer service, and no automated phone calls...yes, you actually get to speak to a live person every time you call! We also have a branch in San Francisco and Palo Alto. If you are really that pissed off at Bunch of Aholes, check out www.borel.com. If you are interested, I can hook you up with an account.

toasty
12-09-2004, 03:06 PM
I hate idoits who do not check their blind spots when they are changing lanes, but the lane is your lane that you are in. :evil:
Being the nice guy that I am, I did not even honk the person. I also went to the next lane trying to avoid the stupid idiot. While all this is happening the person did not even look sorry or even gesture a sorry, ...... :pissed:

After a few minutes later, when I am exiting off an off ramp the go to my work. A stupid elderly on a bicycle mouth something off at me when I stopped for him on a merging lane on Brakaw/1st exit. I know that the elderly said something about me not waiting for him to pass, but he had enough time and still I waited for his slow @$$ to go by; and room to stop for my car. ( STUPID, !!!!!!)

That's my rant and rave for today. :eek:

twEeker
12-09-2004, 03:17 PM
I hate people that screw things up, but then get pissed off at you. Like I'm driving minding my own business, and the guy next to me keeps weaving into my lane, I keep weaving toward the center divide to avoid him, but I keep looking at him like wtf are you doing? Then, as the road splits off in two different directons, the guy just starts fliping me off? Man, I almost turned right back around. It's like dude, you almost hit me like 5 times, and now your flipping ME off? I didn't honk, I didn't flip him off, I was too busy avoiding his ass.

Or how about one time, I came around a corner, and someone was getting out of there car, so I jerk the wheel to the left to avoid him, but once he get out, he just gives me a dirty look as I pass by, and just stands there in the street while I keep driving, and I can see him in my rear veiw, just watching me. I could have hit you, and now your mad at me for not hitting you?

uhoh_evo
12-13-2004, 11:12 AM
i hate stupid old fogies! Grrrrr. :evil:
i was going down my street, me being the good driver i am i'm going limit, :driving: and then i see this continental type car coming up quick on my right. i'm like this punk better not try and cut me off at the last second to get in the turn lane. And guess what he does. Guess. This guy cuts me off at the last possible second! ahhhhh. so now he in far left turn lane and i gotta go home so i'm in the next turn lane. i turn to just look at the fool. to my surprise it's some old fart and his old ball-and-chain. dude looks at me like i'm some kind of hooligan. :roll:

the lane i'm in is a really wide turn so that guy has PLENTY of room to turn. But guess what he does this time. we start going and next thing i know, i look to my left and see this lady mug all up in my grill. like seriously, if i had opened my window i could've slapped her. this dude was merging right into me in mid turn. as soon as i saw this i sped up and veared into the bike lane. i drove really slow once he got behind me so he could get in the next lane again and i could just shake my head in shame on him. i was going like 10mph down for a good while and nothing, so i moved into the next lane still going 10mph, he kept at that speed behind me. i stop. he stops. i reverse, line up with him, look shake my head waiting for them to look. lady is scared and hold on to them handles by her head. but they keep looking straight and then just start driving. i'm driving right next to them looking at them the whole time, but they never look.

GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! :ahnold:

sorry fer long post

twEeker
12-14-2004, 01:41 AM
I've been on here for about an hour trying to read a new private message, but every time I click on it, the 404 page cannot be found error pops up. Oh, I can read the old pm's no problem at all, but the new one, well, I can't do that. What could a new message matter at all, as long as the old ones load as they should, you don't need them. Sorry Jamie, can't respond, because I can't see what you wrote. I'm about ready to send this computer down the stair case located conveinently to my right.

doce_pt2
12-31-2004, 12:50 AM
When will people get the freakin' clue !! When its raining this bad, DRIVE VERY CAREFULLY !!
I saw a total of 5 accidents between 6:05pm and 8:45pm today:
- 1 on 92 West
- 1 on 280 South ...... a totalled Blue Sti :shock:
- 1 on 101 South
- 1 overturned SUV on 92 East by the Industrial Blvd. exit
- 2 cars mixed it up on 880 North

Please be carefull y'all !! Have a SAFE and happy New Year !!

EvoVIII
12-31-2004, 12:52 AM
When will people get the freakin' clue !! When its raining this bad, DRIVE VERY CAREFULLY !!
- 1 on 92 West
- 1 on 101 South

wow u travel a lot

doce_pt2
12-31-2004, 12:58 AM
- 1 on 92 West
- 1 on 101 South

wow u travel a lot

My gf lives in RWC so its quite a drive from San Lorenzo. It's worth it though :wink:

Airgiod
12-31-2004, 09:24 AM
I was down there....stopped by gruppeS and RWC for parts...picked a bad day for a road trip....the rain was TERRIBLE....I could feel my tires wanting to wander and the pople with rain tires weren't helping...everyone thart past me threw more water under my tires.

warpspeed
12-31-2004, 09:31 AM
- 1 on 92 West
- 1 on 101 South

I agree 100%. I think alot of people are too dependent on the new technology of new cars such as ABS,Traction Control and so on. If your car goes in a skid, those high tech crap don't mean shit if you don't know how to handle your car!

kimmievo
12-31-2004, 11:23 AM
- 1 on 92 West
- 1 on 101 South

wow u travel a lot

My gf lives in RWC so its quite a drive from San Lorenzo. It's worth it though :wink:

Gee, I wonder who she is...lucky girl ;)

toasty
01-01-2005, 12:47 PM
- 1 on 92 West
- 1 on 101 South

wow u travel a lot

Gee, I wonder who she is...lucky girl ;) :thumbsup: :wave: :thumbsup:

twEeker
01-21-2005, 11:46 PM
Just me bitching and whining...

So as many of you know, I've been having idle problems with my evo. So, I took off the intake. Didn't solve the problem. So I took it to veracom, and they gave me some bs about the kind of gas I use. So I took it to works. They tried, but couldn't figure it out. Even gave my car a stock flash, but at least they "Eliminated variables" as chris put it. So I though, well, if my car is drawing power constantly more then it should, maybe the turbo timer and the boost gauge should go. So I had those taken off this morning by the same people who put it on. Still, bogging down. So I called up san rafael mitsu, and they said they'd take care of me, but I can't go until feb second. Which is ok, because I have no money right now, and if it's not covered under warrenty, then I will have cash by then. My car is completly stock now except for an alarm, and an empty guage pod. I stress about whats wrong all the time. I'll be at work, and I'll be thinking about it. Whats wrong, how do I fix it. I've got a downpipe and a catback sitting in the other room, but I told myself nothing goes on the car till this is resolved. Damn. I'm stressing out about it right now, thats why I'm writing this big ass post. I love the hell out of my car, and I baby it. I always warm it up, I don't redline it, or stall it, or buck it, or launch it. I keep it clean, always in full gas. I mean damn. I only have 6,500 miles on it, and I have this problem. It could be nothing but a disconnected wire for all I know, but damn, this sucks. I swear, I'm never working on my own car again, because this is what my dumbass gets. People ask me how it's running, and I always say great, but I lie, because I'm thinking about how it bogs down. I havn't had money to get it fixed before, so this has been going on for about 3 months. Hopefully san rafael is the last place I have to go to about this problem, and me and my evo can move on with our lives.

_End bitching and whining about my own goddamn fault.

evoredy
01-25-2005, 09:03 AM
I woke up and drove this morning at 6 to drop my mom off and came home. while i'm sitting in my car turbo timing it and checking my voicemail, i notice my neighbor's wife (old mom of 4.6 mustang owner with loud exhaust) trying to get my attention.
I just got/installed a turbo-back 3 inch exhaust.
I say good morning and she gets straight to the point of how my exhaust is definately not legal and I wake everybody up and my street is not an expressway and she's not "trying to be a 'bitch,'" and etc.
I work late and go out late AND i'm rev-considerate at night. wtf.
Before she could get to her point I told her I'm getting simple mods for the February track day--and I'll have the exhaust off by March. :evil: :(

this, btw, sums up THE STORY OF MY LIFE. :crazyeyes:

does anyone know of highflow-stealth muffler designs like that LA and back in 4 hours cocaine-runner's ferrari? :twisted:

nebolic
01-25-2005, 09:39 AM
I woke up and drove this morning at 6 to drop my mom off and came home. while i'm sitting in my car turbo timing it and checking my voicemail, i notice my neighbor's wife (old mom of 4.6 mustang owner with loud exhaust) trying to get my attention.
I say good morning and she gets straight to the point of how my exhaust is definately not legal and I wake everybody up and my street is not an expressway and she's not "trying to be a 'bitch,'" and etc.
Before she could get to her point I told her I'm getting simple mods for the February track day--and I'll have the exhaust off by March. :evil: :(

does anyone know of highflow-stealth muffler designs like that LA and back in 4 hours cocaine-runner's ferrari? :twisted:

You should've said "You BIATCH!". Tell her if she thinks this is loud, just wait till you bring home the Ferrari or the Harley, then she'll definetly think its loud.

And finish off saying "Bitch be cool!"

Nebo
:D

evoredy
01-25-2005, 11:10 AM

You should've said "You BIATCH!". Tell her if she thinks this is loud, just wait till you bring home the Ferrari or the Harley, then she'll definetly think its loud.

And finish off saying "Bitch be cool!"

Nebo
:D

i was thinking more on the lines of getting a muffler delete pipe and sitting on my driveway (directly across the street :) ) at 3:30AM revving it until the lady develops arrhythmias bringing upon sudden death. :twisted:

"Bitch be cool!" is fine though.

BluEvo
01-25-2005, 12:06 PM
sickness is shitness. i hate being sick. i think i'ma cough a lung out pretty soon here. *cough, cough* :oops:

DnB_design
01-25-2005, 12:16 PM
sickness is shitness. i hate being sick. i think i'ma cough a lung out pretty soon here. *cough, cough* :oops:

Have you ever tried Colloidal Silver? I can tell you first hand it works.I havn't had the flu in 5 yrs. and a chest cold in like 2 years.my skin is ALWAYS clear now too.my father makes Colloidal Silver machines if you want one.....I will have to ask how much $$$)

BluEvo
01-25-2005, 12:29 PM
never heard of it. what is it?

DnB_design
01-25-2005, 12:32 PM
never heard of it. what is it?

How It Works

The presence of colloidal silver near a virus, fungus, bacterium or any other single celled pathogen disables its oxygen metabolism enzyme, its chemical lung, so to say. Within a few minutes, the pathogen suffocates and dies, and is cleared out of the body by the immune, lymphatic and elimination systems. Unlike pharmaceutical antibiotics, which destroy beneficial enzymes, colloidal silver leaves these tissue-cell enzymes intact, as they are radically different from the enzymes of primitive single-celled life. Thus colloidal silver is absolutely safe for humans, reptiles, plants and all multi-celled living matter.

Ingesting Colloidal Silver

Taken orally, the silver solution is absorbed from the mouth into the bloodstream, then transported quickly to the body cells. Swishing the solution under the tongue briefly before swallowing may result in faster absorption. In three to four days the silver may accumulate in the tissues sufficiently for benefits to begin. Colloidal silver is eliminated by the kidneys, lymph system and bowel after several weeks. If routinely exposed to dangerous pathogenic germs, some recommend a regular daily intake as a protection. In cases of minor burns, an accumulation of colloidal silver may hasten healing, reducing the possibility of scar tissue and infection. It is believed by many in the natural healing arts that the lives of millions of people who are susceptible to chronic low-grade infections can be enhanced by this preventative health measure.

Topical Uses

Some have used colloidal silver in a nasal spray mister - to reach the sinuses and nasal passages. Spray bottles have been used for topical use on kitchen and bathroom surfaces, skin, sore throat, eyes, burns, etc. Colloidal silver is painless on cuts, abrasions, in open wounds, in the nostrils for a stuffy nose, and even in a baby's eyes because, unlike some antiseptics, it does not destroy tissue cells. It's excellent as an underarm deodorant, since most underarm odor is caused by bacteria breaking down substances released by the sweat glands!

IT JUST WORKS !!

vtluu
01-25-2005, 12:44 PM
Hmm: http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/PhonyAds/silverad.html

Colloidal silver is a suspension of submicroscopic metallic silver particles in a colloidal base. Long-term use of silver preparations can lead to argyria, a condition in which silver salts deposit in the skin, eyes, and internal organs, and the skin turns ashen-gray. Many cases of argyria occurred during the pre-antibiotic era when silver was a common ingredient in nosedrops. When the cause became apparent, doctors stopped recommending their use, and reputable manufacturers stopped producing them. The official drug guidebooks (United States Pharmacopeia and National Formulary) have not listed colloidal silver products since 1975.

http://nccam.nih.gov/health/alerts/silver/

Over-the-counter colloidal silver products are not considered by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to be generally recognized as safe and effective for diseases and conditions.

The FDA has taken action against a number of colloidal silver companies (such as Web sites) for making drug-like claims about their products.

Colloidal silver can cause serious side effects. One is argyria, a bluish-gray discoloration of the body. Argyria is not treatable or reversible.

JanSolo
01-25-2005, 12:47 PM
Over-the-counter colloidal silver products are not considered by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to be generally recognized as safe and effective for diseases and conditions.

Sometimes the FDA is a bit suspect, since they approved Aspartame and Splenda.

vtluu
01-25-2005, 12:48 PM
they approved Aspartame and Splenda.
I love that stuff! :lol:

DnB_design
01-25-2005, 01:23 PM
Hmm: http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/PhonyAds/silverad.html

Colloidal silver is a suspension of submicroscopic metallic silver particles in a colloidal base. Long-term use of silver preparations can lead to argyria, a condition in which silver salts deposit in the skin, eyes, and internal organs, and the skin turns ashen-gray. Many cases of argyria occurred during the pre-antibiotic era when silver was a common ingredient in nosedrops. When the cause became apparent, doctors stopped recommending their use, and reputable manufacturers stopped producing them. The official drug guidebooks (United States Pharmacopeia and National Formulary) have not listed colloidal silver products since 1975.

http://nccam.nih.gov/health/alerts/silver/

The FDA has taken action against a number of colloidal silver companies (such as Web sites) for making drug-like claims about their products.

Colloidal silver can cause serious side effects. One is argyria, a bluish-gray discoloration of the body. Argyria is not treatable or reversible.

of course they are going to say that it doesn't work..because then they would be out of more money. :smackdown:
They want you to take their drugs for the rest of your life. they don't want you to get well.

for example... just like Ephedra they took it off the market....for what? a couple people died?...if you take an overdose on anything you will die too..
but you don't see asprin or any other drug off the market for death's..

sorry to go off man :read: but I feel better....ha ha ha

SouthernCrane
01-25-2005, 01:27 PM

Cold Eeze zinc lozenges work well for me. try 'em out.

vtluu
01-25-2005, 05:52 PM
of course they are going to say that it doesn't work..because then they would be out of more money. :smackdown:
They want you to take their drugs for the rest of your life. they don't want you to get well.
Uh, yeah... So you're saying the FDA and drug companies are conspiring together. Which I suppose is plausible. :paranoid:

for example... just like Ephedra they took it off the market....for what? a couple people died?...if you take an overdose on anything you will die too..
but you don't see asprin or any other drug off the market for death's..
"They" the FDA forced "them" the drug company to take it off the market. So now you're saying the FDA is conspiring against the pharamaceutical company.

Well, which is it?

evoredy
01-25-2005, 06:54 PM

i usually fight the damn cold by buying those c-monster odwalla drinks (strawberry tastes best). drink about 2 or 3 per day and it should knock that sucker out.

i was really skeptical about vitamin-c or anything for that matter when I was sick--but this works for me. I get sick multiple times per year-summer, winter, you name it. i think im a staph carrier (i asked the bio41 teacher a couple years back "are you SURE thats MY blood-auger dish?")..anyways...

THE STORY OF MY LIFE.

doce_pt2
01-25-2005, 08:31 PM
I swear, by Odin's Beard, that one of these days some unlucky tailgating dipshit is gonna get an ass whooping courtesy of me and a tire iron :smackdown: :axe: :twisted:
This one a**hole figured he wasn't close enough up my ass so he kept as close as he could. WTF !!

P.S. I got serious anger issues, man :x

evoredy
01-25-2005, 08:44 PM
I swear, by Odin's Beard, that one of these days some unlucky tailgating dipshit is gonna get an ass whooping courtesy of me and a tire iron :smackdown: :axe: :twisted:
This one a**hole figured he wasn't close enough up my ass so he kept as close as he could. WTF !!

you have every right. it sucks to have someone tailgating you in the EVO because you know you can out-brake him. this is when the usability and features of technical specs go wrong due to other peoples idiotic actions.

...AND...

I'm NOT taking my exhaust off in March. That bitch asked me why I sit in my car for "10 minutes" when I leave home and come home. I didn't even WANT to start explaining anything to her because she didn't deserve the knowledge and piece of mind I can provide. 2 minutes and "10 minutes" are very different. maybe i should just tell her I like to roast a bowl in my car in the morning while the heater is on--and i must do the same every time I come home. she might understand then. :stoned:

turbotiger
01-25-2005, 09:15 PM
Usually when the FDA says something is dangerous, it really is. If they say it's safe, it's safe enough where it won't kill ya, but probably give you the runs. :D
Actually I really shouldn't be saying anything about FDA and drug companies.

doce_pt2
01-25-2005, 11:31 PM

you have every right. it sucks to have someone tailgating you in the EVO because you know you can out-brake him. this is when the usability and features of technical specs go wrong due to other peoples idiotic actions.

...AND...

I'm NOT taking my exhaust off in March. That bitch asked me why I sit in my car for "10 minutes" when I leave home and come home. I didn't even WANT to start explaining anything to her because she didn't deserve the knowledge and piece of mind I can provide. 2 minutes and "10 minutes" are very different. maybe i should just tell her I like to roast a bowl in my car in the morning while the heater is on--and i must do the same every time I come home. she might understand then. :stoned:

Damn right !! You shouldn't have to take off your exhaust just becoz it's an inconvenience to someone. Stick to your guns ..... or in your case your exhaust !!

http://metalrefuge.com/images/bands/dimesig.gif

DnB_design
02-02-2005, 02:09 PM
I just wanted to say that my Nextel i530 phone.SUCKS
I have nothing but disgust for this P.O.S. :axe:
I drop calls in my house , or any structure for that matter. I HATE it :evil:
and I cannot wait to get rid of this thing. And move on to
At&t - Cingular, or Verison wireless. I have not decided yet. the "2-way"
feature is not worth the pain and suffering. it is O.K., fuzzy, and cuts in and out. please think Twice before you think about Nextel

i'm done :bandhead:

EVO GRIM
02-02-2005, 02:36 PM
Sprint just bought nextel, should get better.

EvoVIII
02-02-2005, 02:48 PM
Verison wireless got the best signal, but limited choice on phones, I suggest go with Cingular Wireless

twEeker
02-02-2005, 03:28 PM
I have a few feinds that say ever since cingular bought at&t that the service turned to ass. I'd go with verizon. Personally I think a phone is a phone, and no big selection is needed, but if you need the most expensive, high tech phone, I'm sure verizon has those too.

DnB_design
02-02-2005, 03:55 PM
Sprint just bought nextel, should get better.
I am just going to move on.

Personally I think a phone is a phone,

I'm the same way, I don't want my phone to scratch my ass as i talk.or something i pay for and never use!

there is a new Consumer Reports out that deals with cell phones

evo_dadi
02-02-2005, 09:47 PM
I have a few friends that say ever since cingular bought at&t that the service turned to ass.

mine actually got really better when cingular acquired at&t specially on areas where i had no reception before with cingular.but i dont think any of the 3 you named(cingular/verizon/at&t) are really that good on 2 way phones compared to nextel.

toasty
02-03-2005, 02:33 PM
I have a few feinds that say ever since cingular bought at&t that the service turned to ass. I'd go with verizon. Personally I think a phone is a phone, and no big selection is needed, but if you need the most expensive, high tech phone, I'm sure verizon has those too.

We can call each other all we want with that "In" plan. I'm also a happy camper , I'm with Verzion.

DnB_design
02-03-2005, 02:39 PM
mine actually got really better when cingular acquired at&t specially on areas where i had no reception before with cingular.but i dont think any of the 3 you named(cingular/verizon/at&t) are really that good on 2 way phones compared to nextel.[/quote]

I'm not going with a 2-way anymore but am checking my options right now!

Thanks everyone

twEeker
03-05-2005, 01:05 PM
So I'm just driving down el camino, in san carlos area last night, my freind wanted to cruise by the dealerships, because he wants to get an ss. So I'm minding my own business until I get to a light, and then wouldn't you know it, some jackass kid in an mr2 is in the turning lane. He revs his engine about 40 times, and I don't do anything but look, but he doesn't get the hint. My light turns green, I think good jackass is turning. Well, he decides to leave the turning lane, and tag along. He keeps lurching forward, letting me hear his blowoff valve, and I pay no attention. I'm just driving. If this guy wants to get arrested for being a jack ass on elcamino of all places, good for him. We come to another light. He revs a few times, and I'm still not giving into his game. My freind keeps telling me, race 'em, race 'em, screw it. I notice his rev gets steady, the light turns green, and he launches it. It was a pretty good launch, I'll give him that. Just when I though he couldn't be anymore stupid, he's about 3 or 4 car lenghts ahead of me, and he puts his hazards on. Wtf? I wasn't racing but he still smoked me I guess. I mean, he put his hazards on, so he won right? The next car that I pass on the street, I'm just going to throw on my hazards, cuz I'm a harcore driver, and thats just how I roll. ok, so enough of that. I just kept on rolling along, and he rolls down his window and starts yelling out "Thirteens! Thirteens!". Ok, good for you. Kids now days. After that he got into a turning lane, and took off. Him and his freind in the car, both with stupid grins on their face. Probably like 16, 17. Probably going to tell all their freinds that he smoked an evo last night. Goddamn white kids.

vtluu
03-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Yeah, what idiots; way to keep your cool. Next time you might want to try one of these: http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3603

BMan
03-06-2005, 10:52 AM
i hate drivers in front of me who throw cigarettes out of their car window. there, i said it.

i also hate people who decide to clean their windshield on the highway. OEM's should disable the wiper fluid above 15mph.

damn i am full of hate huh? ok, gotta end on a positive note:

i think motorcycles are cool and i always move over so they can get by in thick traffic.

peace.

I always wash my windshield for tailgaters.

BMan
03-06-2005, 10:58 AM
So I'm just driving down el camino, in san carlos area last night, my freind wanted to cruise by the dealerships, because he wants to get an ss. So I'm minding my own business until I get to a light, and then wouldn't you know it, some jackass kid in an mr2 is in the turning lane. He revs his engine about 40 times, and I don't do anything but look, but he doesn't get the hint. My light turns green, I think good jackass is turning. Well, he decides to leave the turning lane, and tag along. He keeps lurching forward, letting me hear his blowoff valve, and I pay no attention. I'm just driving. If this guy wants to get arrested for being a jack ass on elcamino of all places, good for him. We come to another light. He revs a few times, and I'm still not giving into his game. My freind keeps telling me, race 'em, race 'em, screw it. I notice his rev gets steady, the light turns green, and he launches it. It was a pretty good launch, I'll give him that. Just when I though he couldn't be anymore stupid, he's about 3 or 4 car lenghts ahead of me, and he puts his hazards on. Wtf? I wasn't racing but he still smoked me I guess. I mean, he put his hazards on, so he won right? The next car that I pass on the street, I'm just going to throw on my hazards, cuz I'm a harcore driver, and thats just how I roll. ok, so enough of that. I just kept on rolling along, and he rolls down his window and starts yelling out "Thirteens! Thirteens!". Ok, good for you. Kids now days. After that he got into a turning lane, and took off. Him and his freind in the car, both with stupid grins on their face. Probably like 16, 17. Probably going to tell all their freinds that he smoked an evo last night. Goddamn white kids.

Yea, I really miss my old Cougar that I could blip the throttle and lift the front wheels off the ground and only move 5 feet forward. It really stopped the punks from being asses.

ez76
03-06-2005, 11:41 AM

I thought that's what our rear wiper is for? :D

vtluu
03-06-2005, 11:55 AM
I thought that's what our rear wiper is for? :D
No, that's what R-compound tires are for; drive over a nice patch of gravel and they'll back off after you've "sandblasted" the front of their car. :twisted:

evo_dadi
03-13-2005, 02:47 PM
too many ignorant and stupid eessuvee drivers today :x :x ive seen a few who were weaving in and out of traffic while theyre on the damn cell phone havent they heard of headsets or freakin wireless headsets!!!if you can afford to drive and own and huge gas guzzler might as well as do everybody a favor and buy a damn headset!!

then whats all this damn kids riding cars that are waaay to much for theire age to drive.this g35 coupe came out of nowhere and decided to start tailgaiting me but since i had the kids with me today i just moved aside and let him pass.my jaw just dropped when i saw the driver looked very young probly 16 or so with the hat slanted to the side and giving me the lean back pose :x then this other retard on a boxster who was weaving on the road also while on the phone on highway 17 :shock: where's the damn chp's when you need them..oh wait there on the side of the road profiling each car that passes by :roll: :x

ok now im done :D :P

Evo_xTSi
03-17-2005, 09:44 PM
I HATE being at work for what seems like FOREVER and there are no customers ANYWHERE!! I'm sooooo bored! I make no money AND I'm bored out of my mind. This sux! :evil:

1stSAGE
03-30-2005, 10:45 PM
The MR wheels are a b!tch to clean!!! That's all...

V8KiLL3R
03-30-2005, 10:46 PM
The MR wheels are a b!tch to clean!!! That's all...

I'll trade you my rims :lol:

twEeker
03-31-2005, 01:36 AM
Dude, if you get yourself some degreaser, and just spray the hell out of your wheels with it, and spray it with a pressure washer, like they have at carwashes it's easy as hell to clean the wheel. I have stock evo 8 enkies, and ever since I started degreasing, and spraying, I havn't used a wrag or anything else to clean. Just put on the degreaser, and spray it off. It's that easy.

toasty
03-31-2005, 01:25 PM
Company moral suck, but I just keep my mouth shut, at least I still have a job/career :)

SJCoruja
03-31-2005, 01:29 PM
Company moral suck, but I just keep my mouth shut, at least I still have a job/career :)

Amen to that...lately I've been feeling the same way every day at work. Thank God for my lunchtime drives...haha! :)

toasty
03-31-2005, 02:08 PM

Amen to that...lately I've been feeling the same way every day at work. Thank God for my lunchtime drives...haha! :)

At least you have your lunchtime drives, I dont have my EVO yet. I think that company now a days think that they can get away with anything. :cry:

1stSAGE
04-05-2005, 04:56 PM
Firewalls suck! I can't surf anything worth surfing!11!!

SJCoruja
04-05-2005, 05:00 PM
Firewalls suck! I can't surf anything worth surfing!11!!

Hey, you're on NCE...what more is there? :)

I had the same (but worse) problem awhile ago. Not only could I not surf anywhere worthwhile, but I couldn't even log in to sites I normally did..namely NCE!!! Luckily Jan helped me out and suggested Firefox...problem solved!

lancerboy
04-06-2005, 09:04 PM
just feeling miserable today because my car got hit by a paratransit bus while it was backing off in the parking lot this afternoon. good thing that there was a man who witnessed the whole scenario and was able to get the bus lic. and phone number. the driver saw the man and told him "are you gonna tell the owner"? the man replied and said "i don't know". the driver just went back to her bus and said "to hell with that".

now i have a badly scratched left headlight and minor scratches and tire/bumper marks on my left front bumper and fender :cry:

there goes my ranting. just want to let this one out and share it with you guys :x

evo_dadi
04-06-2005, 09:12 PM
damn sucks to hear that man :cry:

lancerboy
04-06-2005, 09:18 PM
damn sucks to hear that man :cry:yeah. it is really. knowing that you are in your usual spot and your car is nicely parked then all of a sudden this stupid, careless paratransit driver backs off and hits your pride and glory. to hell with her :x

SJCoruja
04-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Man that REALLY sucks to hear. On the other hand though...hit and run by a county (are they county?) vehicle...sounds like a future settlement for some serious mod money. :)

vtluu
04-07-2005, 12:18 AM
just feeling miserable today because my car got hit by a paratransit bus while it was backing off in the parking lot this afternoon. good thing that there was a man who witnessed the whole scenario and was able to get the bus lic. and phone number. the driver saw the man and told him "are you gonna tell the owner"? the man replied and said "i don't know". the driver just went back to her bus and said "to hell with that".

now i have a badly scratched left headlight and minor scratches and tire/bumper marks on my left front bumper and fender :cry:
:pissed: Aargh, that sucks! Well, at least you know who did it so your insurance company can go after them. I hope that driver gets fired, what kind of irresponsible attitude is that? :roll:

TogueMonster
04-07-2005, 12:41 AM
OOOOOHHHH where do I start?
Okay okay here goes.. this stuff really pisses me off

-People who ask "What does Togue mean?" Just kidding!!!:lol:
-People with more decals on thier cars than modifications
-Folks who drive slowly in the FAST LANE
-Its been said before but, I hate spinning wheels with a passion!!!
-Or the guy in the Lincoln LS with 18 TV screens ON in the car but hes the only one in the car, and hes driving.
-Classics with 20" chrome wheels
-Anything by Lil Jon and the Eastside Boys( What Yeah Okay!!!!)
-Haters
-Reality TV
-Those bastards who talk crap when I play Halo2 online. If I could Id punch em.
-Folks that try to provoke me to race em knowing they have no chance whatsoever.
-eBayers that take 3 weeks to pay then cry when it takes a week for thier item to be delivered.
-I really hate posers
-I hate the fast and the furious movies. Although I still watch the first one, its classic. The second one is just pure crap.
-Losing reciepts
-Gas prices
-Last but not least GEORGE W BUSH

EVO GRIM
04-07-2005, 06:45 AM
Go to the cops first and file for a hit and run.
Then take it to the bus company and see what it is worth. Use you insurance last.

lancerboy
04-07-2005, 12:38 PM
Then take it to the bus company and see what it is worth. Use you insurance last.i wasn't able to do that yesteday because i'm preoccupied with my patients. however, i did report it to my ins agent. i gave them all the info and this morning my agent told me that the paratransit company have acknowledge the incident. so i think there just going through some details and they'll give me call by this afternoon for updates. i hope they could fix my baby right away. can't wait to get some new mr headlights :)

DnB_design
04-07-2005, 12:40 PM
Then take it to the bus company and see what it is worth. Use you insurance last.

FIGHT THE MACHINE !

lancerboy
04-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Man that REALLY sucks to hear. On the other hand though...hit and run by a county (are they county?) vehicle...sounds like a future settlement for some serious mod money. :)that sounded really good matt. but i wasn't able to file for a hit and run to the cops. too busy treating patients yesterday when i was told that my baby got hit. i may be able to get some mr headlights though :wink:

SJCoruja
04-07-2005, 03:39 PM
Man that REALLY sucks to hear. On the other hand though...hit and run by a county (are they county?) vehicle...sounds like a future settlement for some serious mod money. :)that sounded really good matt. but i wasn't able to file for a hit and run to the cops. too busy treating patients yesterday when i was told that my baby got hit. i may be able to get some mr headlights though :wink:

Damn...well, I'm really sorry again to hear it happened and I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works out the best for you! :)

nebolic
04-11-2005, 10:51 AM
i hate trying to call a business entity and they don't ever pick up their god damn phone. :roll:

Nebo

naturallyskilled
06-07-2005, 09:24 PM
- i hate the black hood on my car ( people always ask me if its carbon fiber )
- i hate the taillights on my car
- i hate the headlights on my car
- i hate everything about my car
- i hate how people look at my car and give me that "look"
- i hate how trucks rev at me
- i hate how birds keep shitting on my car
- i hate how none of my other friends drive and i'm their taxi driver
- i hate how people talk shit about my car when they don't have a car
- i hate popups and spyware ( my computers filled with a shitload of them )
- i hate slow drivers in the fast lane
- i hate the stereotypical asian ricers
- i hate it when people say FWD can drift
- i hate civics
- i hate MY CAR and i'm still saving up for an evo ( 1 month more till i can get enough money )

jrnot
06-08-2005, 04:27 PM
- - i hate MY CAR and i'm still saving up for an evo ( 1 month more till i can get enough money )

Talk to me when you are ready and I'll hook you up with and EVO.

I hate people that make fun of the rear wing!
Dose it fly?
Can I iron on it?
Where's the landing Gear? OK I thought that one was kinda funny.

I hate people who try to race me on the freeway coming off the GG bridge where the largest concentration of CHP in the area reside.

Most of all I hate that I have to drive on the roads with most of these complete morons, who are just ticking time bombs till they hit someone.

Oh, I hate slow days at work, so somebody call me and save some damn money on a new car.

06-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Job suk, wait for promotion and it take forever
Too much billsssssssss, and most of mine
Stupid cagers want to kill me
No sex for 3 months now, damn it.Well nwo at least i got Ms. Alba to look at
Iam gettign too fat.
No time for basketball any more cuz working OT

naturallyskilled
06-09-2005, 03:40 PM
oh yeah the thing i hate most ...

PEOPLE THAT FORGET TO TURN OFF THEIR SIGNAL LIGHT :smackdown:

SouthernCrane
06-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Lame Civic Si revved on me while he was driving on a street perpendicular to the one i was stopped at. Don't get me wrong, i like civics, but i hate people that do that crap for no reason.

06-09-2005, 04:42 PM
i hate mine coworker, old and dumb

twEeker
07-27-2005, 10:26 PM
The guy at starbucks though my car was a corrola...

:tears:

A corrola!?

Then he though it was a subaru. But he couldn't pronounce it. I told him it was a lancer evolution. He said, "oh, a lancer!".

JanSolo
07-27-2005, 10:31 PM
I love rental mini vans. Seeing someone's reaction when you're peeling out next to someone at a steplight is priceless. Or taking corners that make the mini van look and even feel like it is going to tip over is one of the scarier things you can do.

SouthernCrane
07-28-2005, 07:06 AM
I love rental mini vans. Seeing someone's reaction when you're peeling out next to someone at a steplight is priceless. Or taking corners that make the mini van look and even feel like it is going to tip over is one of the scarier things you can do.

vtluu
07-28-2005, 08:14 AM
Like this? http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album06/mini_vs_muscle_hi.wmv

SouthernCrane
08-21-2005, 12:38 PM
went to fresh choice for lunch today and decided that the greatest invention ever would be a portable sound proof eating chamber for me, or for people who have loud babies/kids.

MitsubishZ
08-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Kinda like a SAMSE? Space Age Mobile Smokers Envirnment? haha, tom green

DaveLC2
09-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Some jack ass in a new blue WRX pulled up in the left turn lane at a light and yelled out "NICE CAR :!: " I don't get what the deal is with haters. I have equal respect for WRX's/STi's and Evo's/RS'/MR's. Seems like everyone I encounter in a WRX or Sti is cocky with an exception of a few. I saw this one dude in a hella clean flame throwing black STi and I threw him the peace sign and he just gave me this blank look :?: wtf??? Damn retards :lol:

Dave

dohcvtec
09-08-2005, 04:30 PM
Some jack ass in a new blue WRX pulled up in the left turn lane at a light and yelled out "NICE CAR :!: " I don't get what the deal is with haters. I have equal respect for WRX's/STi's and Evo's/RS'/MR's. Seems like everyone I encounter in a WRX or Sti is cocky with an exception of a few. I saw this one dude in a hella clean flame throwing black STi and I threw him the peace sign and he just gave me this blank look :?: wtf??? Damn retards :lol:

Dave
Maybe he actually thought it was a nice car? :?

DaveLC2
09-08-2005, 05:43 PM

Dave
Maybe he actually thought it was a nice car? :?

Nah you could just hear the sarcasm in his voice. Plus he waited til just before his light turned green and took off.

Dave

Matz
09-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Like this? http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/albums/album06/mini_vs_muscle_hi.wmv

Sweet... now I don't feel so badly about buying an Odyssey (which I will be doing pretty soon, I think)

DaveLC2
09-08-2005, 07:10 PM
That's awesome! I thought Deja vu's catch phrase was a million beautiful women and one ugly one :?: j/k :lol: I drive a 2003 at work and we'll be getting a new one in 2006 most likely. I definitly enjoy driving it for a minivan. Not too many mini vans that get 2nd gear scratch. If I was in the market for a mini van Honda would have my vote.

Dave

evoredy
09-20-2005, 11:21 PM
this isn't direclty related, but about 3 months ago i bought a $3K 2.3 b&b shortblock and ALL the options (for the 95gsx).

let me tell you before i rant, i bought an engine from magnus 3 years ago and it came from canada-ground in less than two months from the sale.

oh yeah, so i bought it. money out of the b of a straight to overbore's argyle location (jul 7). i called over 20 times between then and now and got:

1)FAKE SHIPPING INFO (real 408 terminal pick-up numers and all)
2)"Sorry, I thought you were a different Aneesh, yours will be done next week..." a week passes by...
3)secretary saying "i don't know whats going on, I'll have mark call in the morning"
4)no call in the morning
5)secretary saying *less than two weeks ago: "ummm i think we have your parts but I still don't know whats going on"
6)asking for a refund after 2 months of no P.O. or tracking number and NO COMMUNICATION and SHITTY SECRETARY
7)no refund
8)no engine

SO,

I called ebay (i bought it from there), no help, paypal, no help, squaretrade (a sissy approach/lost 30.00 bucks/i almost cursed the mediator when he explained he cannot guarantee anything directly after my card was charged 30.00), AND NOW:

I filed a report with the Washington County, NY Sherriff's office (Argyle's local location :)) and have called my lawyer.

I'm gonna put a lien on his property if I don't get SOMETHING back. Mark's (overbore.com) $3K debt to me gets expensive now....

What a horrible business. he says he has to sell engine's to refund me (squaretrade mediation/crying process), anyone knows that if he had an engine to send me, he would've sent it FAST to shut me up. I own a business, I KNOW. douchebag.

his engines are still sitting unsold on ebay, with bidpay logos instead of paypal now LOLROFLAHAHAHAHAH<----my work!

i'm gonna go read up on liens......i hope he doesn't pay me.

twEeker
09-21-2005, 01:01 PM
I'm just minding my business, crossing the intersection of el camino and wolf, and before I know it, some old lady around 65 in a 2001 silver accord coupe talking on her cell phone is running me off the road. I lay on the horn, she doesn't even look. I lay on the horn again, still, no reaction as she's hangin up her cell phone. She didn't even realize what just happened. I got off to the side, so luckily no contact was made. I'm already afraid of old people driving, but old people driving with cell phones!? It probably doesn't seem like a big deal, but what pisses me off most is the lady still doesn't even realize she screwed up and could have gotten into an accident.

twEeker
09-23-2005, 01:30 AM
Cops just had a feild day with me tonight...

I was just about to turn onto the street I live. I had my turn signal on, then suddenly red and blue in the mirror. Cop gets out and says theres a few reasons he pulled me over. One, I didn't use my turn signal. Ok. Well, when it's 12 at night, who the hell cares? Two, no front plate. He didn't seem to have a problem running the plate, so whats the problem? Three, the windows. Ok, they are dark, I got a ticket before for it. Hey, I've got to smuggle my guns and drugs through sunnyvale without being seen. Four, modified exhaust. It's not even that loud. Eveyone tells me it's quite. He asked me to pop the hood, checked it all out. Actually spent alot of time, the only thing I have after market thats visible is a grounding kit. Four cops showed up. It was a fun night all and all. Just wanted to go home, and get some sleep. But Johnny law had better ideas. Everyone can rest, the streets are much safer now.

Yeah, I know what most people will say. "thats your own fault" well I don't care. Is my car really hurting anybody? I was seconds away from calling it a night. I was driving the speed limit. Nobody was in danger.....

toasty
09-23-2005, 09:47 AM
Cops just had a feild day with me tonight...

I was just about to turn onto the street I live. I had my turn signal on, then suddenly red and blue in the mirror. Cop gets out and says theres a few reasons he pulled me over. One, I didn't use my turn signal. Ok. Well, when it's 12 at night, who the hell cares? Two, no front plate. He didn't seem to have a problem running the plate, so whats the problem? Three, the windows. Ok, they are dark, I got a ticket before for it. Hey, I've got to smuggle my guns and drugs through sunnyvale without being seen. Four, modified exhaust. It's not even that loud. Eveyone tells me it's quite. He asked me to pop the hood, checked it all out. Actually spent alot of time, the only thing I have after market thats visible is a grounding kit. Four cops showed up. It was a fun night all and all. Just wanted to go home, and get some sleep. But Johnny law had better ideas. Everyone can rest, the streets are much safer now.

Yeah, I know what most people will say. "thats your own fault" well I don't care. Is my car really hurting anybody? I was seconds away from calling it a night. I was driving the speed limit. Nobody was in danger.....

Just a little humor on the side, maybe it is because you WERE going to speed limit is why the cop caught you. Back on the serious note, he and his other buddies (backup) had nothing to do that night that tis why the cop harrassed you for every little bit he can.
Should get used to it, when owning a nice fancy import Japanese car like the EVO. :D

L84AD8
10-16-2005, 09:08 PM
The rusty looking stock header... :evil:

Everytime I pop open my hood and that's the only thing I hate looking at! That would've been the first thing I'd change but with all the educated popo all around and once they pop your hood... it's over.

I really want to change that thing but I'm just paranoid! :paranoid:

I'm eyeballin the JIC header. Anyone know of other types of headers or have diff headers under your hood. What's your experience/feedback on the type of header you are running/know of?

EVO GRIM
10-16-2005, 09:53 PM
If it bothers you that much get it jethot coated or whatever they call it

DaveLC2
12-21-2005, 11:52 PM
It drives me freaking nuts when people flash their brights at me when I have my fog lights on! I went through this with my 90 Integra back in the day.

Dave

ez76
01-24-2006, 02:24 PM
I am pissed because everybody said 245/40-17's wouldn't rub on a 17x8.5 +30 wheel and MINE DO at more than half lock.

I feel LIED TO and HURT.

BFG KDW2's

vtluu
01-24-2006, 02:36 PM
I am pissed because everybody said 245/40-17's wouldn't rub on a 17x8.5 +30 wheel and MINE DO at more than half lock.

I feel LIED TO and HURT.
Uh, yeah... No-one lied to you, they were just wrong. Where's it rubbing, on the inside front fender liner? I get/got that a bit with my 245/45-17 Hankooks and Falkens on the stock rims (+34 offset?), didn't really worry about it. I had 245/40-17 Kumhos on the stock rims for a while, that didn't rub at all I think.

Interestingly enough I have only ever had holes worn on the fender liner on one side (right side I think).

ez76
01-24-2006, 06:29 PM

I feel LIED TO and HURT.
Uh, yeah... No-one lied to you, they were just wrong. Where's it rubbing, on the inside front fender liner? I get/got that a bit with my 245/45-17 Hankooks and Falkens on the stock rims (+34 offset?), didn't really worry about it. I had 245/40-17 Kumhos on the stock rims for a while, that didn't rub at all I think.

Interestingly enough I have only ever had holes worn on the fender liner on one side (right side I think).

It's no biggie, just kind of annoying, and wanted to resurrect the rants thread :D

ek9_evo9
03-10-2006, 11:09 AM
My rant is about a buddy of a guy i work with at my 2nd job, he asked me if i owned a GG 9 evo and i told him yes. Then he started telling me how I spent a lot of money on a POS.

Then he started talking bout how a bmw M3 and M5 as well as Porches will still own me no matter what i do to my car.

First of all he drives a 1990 toyota Camry bucket, 2nd of all i never once even said that i bought the car to compete against those cars. What a douchebag. I mean c'mon he drives a 1990 Camry for god sakes, i would understand if he even owned a porche or a m3 or m5 but if you dont even own one of those why are you even talking to me about being owned.

Then he had the nerve to show me a scale with the height of his hands on how crappy the evo's are compared to m5s. He was litteraly pissing me off because i never once asked him for his opinion.

It just makes me laugh thinking about how he still drives that POS toyota.
some people are just plain retarded.

toasty
03-10-2006, 12:28 PM
My rant is about a buddy of a guy i work with at my 2nd job, he asked me if i owned a GG 9 evo and i told him yes. Then he started telling me how I spent a lot of money on a POS.

Then he started talking bout how a bmw M3 and M5 as well as Porches will still own me no matter what i do to my car.

First of all he drives a 1990 toyota Camry bucket, 2nd of all i never once even said that i bought the car to compete against those cars. What a douchebag. I mean c'mon he drives a 1990 Camry for god sakes, i would understand if he even owned a porche or a m3 or m5 but if you dont even own one of those why are you even talking to me about being owned.

Then he had the nerve to show me a scale with the height of his hands on how crappy the evo's are compared to m5s. He was litteraly pissing me off because i never once asked him for his opinion.

It just makes me laugh thinking about how he still drives that POS toyota.
some people are just plain retarded. :msword:

twEeker
04-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Well damn. I'm stuck driving a rental ford focus, until my evo mr is delivered on may 15. From evo to ford focus... Depressing...

Revolver Ocelot
04-25-2006, 07:25 PM
Bwaahhhhh!!!!!! Is today the race my evo day or what? On my way back to work a old lexus ES trys to egg me on. Later some stupid integra kept gunning it and pulling his ebrake to lock up the front wheels. Why? I have no idea. And just now at the mall a jeep cherokee did a burnout in front of me and stuck out his head to look back at me. I gave him a thumbs down and he sped off. :axe: :axe: :axe: :ahnold: :ahnold:

ek9_evo9
04-26-2006, 07:51 AM
Bwaahhhhh!!!!!! Is today the race my evo day or what? On my way back to work a old lexus ES trys to egg me on. Later some stupid integra kept gunning it and pulling his ebrake to lock up the front wheels. Why? I have no idea. And just now at the mall a jeep cherokee did a burnout in front of me and stuck out his head to look back at me. I gave him a thumbs down and he sped off. :axe: :axe: :axe: :ahnold: :ahnold:
where's a cop when you need one

Later some stupid integra kept gunning it and pulling his ebrake to lock up the front wheels.

looks like darwin was his passenger :lol:

twEeker
04-29-2006, 12:10 AM
So it turns out my evo mr got to the dealership early. I go there to pick it up an hour later then the sales men told me it would be ready on the phone, and guess what? it's still not ready. So I wait for about 30 minutes only to find the worst detail job I have ever seen. The outside is washed, but the inside windows are all hazed up, the stickers still on it. Thats not so bad though, as I can just detail it myself at work. What bothers me the most is I specifically told them not to put a front license plate on. I even signed a waver for exactly that reason saying Stevens creek mitsubishi is not responsible for any trouble I get in because I requested no front plate. Your probably thinking well they wouldnt put it on then, oh but you'd be wrong. I see a front plate. The sales men acts like he cares. What a bunch of pricks. They dont even have to do anything. They have t not do something. Thats it. I want to take the front plate off, but I dont want holes to show. I could get them filled. So I have to spend an extra couple hundred to get holes filled now because dumb ass mitsubishi tech cant fallow directions? Dont even get me started on the detail job again.

On the brightside though, I got my mr. I guess I'll just be happy about it.

ek9_evo9
04-30-2006, 12:13 PM
So it turns out my evo mr got to the dealership early. I go there to pick it up an hour later then the sales men told me it would be ready on the phone, and guess what? it's still not ready. So I wait for about 30 minutes only to find the worst detail job I have ever seen. The outside is washed, but the inside windows are all hazed up, the stickers still on it. Thats not so bad though, as I can just detail it myself at work. What bothers me the most is I specifically told them not to put a front license plate on. I even signed a waver for exactly that reason saying Stevens creek mitsubishi is not responsible for any trouble I get in because I requested no front plate. Your probably thinking well they wouldnt put it on then, oh but you'd be wrong. I see a front plate. The sales men acts like he cares. What a bunch of pricks. They dont even have to do anything. They have t not do something. Thats it. I want to take the front plate off, but I dont want holes to show. I could get them filled. So I have to spend an extra couple hundred to get holes filled now because dumb ass mitsubishi tech cant fallow directions? Dont even get me started on the detail job again.

On the brightside though, I got my mr. I guess I'll just be happy about it.

what surprises me is that you had to sign a waiver to let them know you will not hold them responsible for no front plate. that shouldnt even have been tier problem to begin with. when i got mine, all the cars on the lot didnt even have a front plate on. :evil:

Jay
05-01-2006, 08:51 AM
Hurtz rent a car can eat poo.
I went to rent a mini van for my Inlaws to come and vist. they didnt have it at the time or even the day they said they wood, and to top it off when we got it, the van was a PIG sty with kool-aid stains and spilled coffy everywhere, it was a non smoking car but it stunk of smoking and to top it off it was a POS Kia. now the guy at the rent a car place was even an ass.
If it wasn' t the only place around it the area with one I would have given him the finger and left.

EVO MILK
10-30-2006, 01:30 PM
No offense to chicks but I hate it when they drag thier heels on my side skirts. My wife does it all the time and it is a biznach to get off. :flowers:

i just told my girl to stop doing that yesterday...hella annoying....and it ended with the car door slamming when she got outÂ* :x

06IXMR
10-30-2006, 10:33 PM

i just told my girl to stop doing that yesterday...hella annoying....and it ended with the car door slamming when she got out :x

Thats when you need to regulate on the girl and punch her in the face and yell out " Day time donkey punch biiiiiaaattcchh!!! "

BigEd925
11-10-2006, 09:04 AM
Jesus H. Christ

What a fucking night.....first I got to deal with this fat-ass drunk driver who was acting like a fucking 3 year old girl.....missed my breakfast break.....Got in to Evo to drive home, turns out my fucking clutch is slipping....pull into burger king for some breakfast, curb my BBS on the fucking drivethru!!!! Somebody must DIE!!!!!!

MadEvo
11-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Jesus H. Christ

What a fucking night.....first I got to deal with this fat-ass drunk driver who was acting like a fucking 3 year old girl.....missed my breakfast break.....Got in to Evo to drive home, turns out my fucking clutch is slipping....pull into burger king for some breakfast, curb my BBS on the fucking drivethru!!!! Somebody must DIE!!!!!!

Sorry to hear. What a way to start a Friday eh?

wzcx
11-10-2006, 09:15 AM

Dude, that's a rough night! Bummer.

EVO MILK
11-10-2006, 09:32 AM
no traffic today veterans day... :D....got my delux mcdonalds breakfast...saw a fine philipino girl in a grey acura TL on florin road and we both smiled to each other... :D....gonna get to go home at 1pm and get paid for the rest of the day... :D

tirbolag9
11-18-2006, 06:40 PM
visiting home in san diego this weekend. i noticed how fine the girls are down here! when i used to live in san diego, i thought bay area girls were pretty hot...but dam, san diego girls are finer :)

RgistRdShowoffIX
12-14-2006, 08:11 PM
Stop bragging and start sharing ;)

evo_dadi
12-14-2006, 08:42 PM
man ryan if youre gonna postwhore at least check the date ;)

RgistRdShowoffIX
12-14-2006, 09:04 PM
yeah...i noticed after i posted... :(

felt lazy.. sumimasen

missred
12-16-2006, 07:55 PM
So after getting all the tid bits on go fast parts in place IE, Tanabe Dp,Rallicat,Hks Drop in filter,Hallman Boost controller, and Hks axle back exhaust. I had a retune done by muah tuner CareBear Performance today at Mike's new shop (GST MotorSport). All i wanted to say is O Muah Gawd!!!! After being stock for almost 2 years now I was able to put downÂ* Â*264WHP and 261WTQ on the Mustang Dyno. Thanks again to Bryan and Mike for an awesome job.
Graphs and charts soon to come.

myVekDrifteRS
12-16-2006, 08:11 PM
I heard there was a carebear tune and went and got parts ready from SpeedElements shop. Thanks Dev. Tanabe DP, HKS dropin, HKS Exhaust carbon Ti, and a Hallman MBC. I remember my barebone dyno was 225wtq 241whp at EIP NCE Meet. Todays 1st base run was 279whp and 250wtq. 2nd run with tune was 280whp and 280wtq, correct me if i'm wrong bryan. Then there was the final number after a few runs, 284whp and 284wtq . I'm still shock from the big jump just from stock 21psi then boost it to 23psi spike. Bryan, you the man.