PDA

View Full Version : thread hi-jacking

howiEVO8
03-13-2004, 12:55 PM
I don't see threads being high-jacked at other car owners club/forums. But at this msg board, this is what i often see.. say this vendor is selling product A..but some guy just comes in and ask for product B..c'mon.. stay on topic..if u have questions regarding product B, just send that vendor a PM instead of hi-jacking his product thread. This is the admin(s)responsibility to set these kind of guide-lines.

just cuz a vendor sponsors a forum doesn't mean that they are always correct...or have the right to do anything they want...and to defend a vendor from hi-jacking someone else's thread/topic, that just shows the admins/moderators biased nature...there's just no justification for that...bah

I'm not trying to flame anyone, I'm just pointing out the obvious...sticks out like a sore thumb that's all.... :roll:

just my 2 cents....

vtluu
03-13-2004, 01:01 PM
I think we've all been guilty at one time or another of driving a thread off-topic, eh Howie? ;)

I do agree with you though that we should try to keep at least the Vendor and Classifieds threads on topic. As for topics in the "Off-Topic" section, I think it's fine as long as each post relates in some way to an earlier post--even if you end up totally off the topic you originally started. (I mean, that's how conversations go.)

howiEVO8
03-13-2004, 01:08 PM
I think we've all been guilty at one time or another of driving a thread off-topic, eh Howie? ;)

I do agree with you though that we should try to keep at least the Vendor and Classifieds threads on topic. As for topics in the "Off-Topic" section, I think it's fine as long as each post relates in some way to an earlier post--even if you end up totally off the topic you originally started. (I mean, that's how conversations go.)

like wize, but im talking about vendor/product bashing..eh tam?

EvolvedDSM
03-13-2004, 03:09 PM
While the thread in question was placed in the Tech section, it was nothing more than an opinionated post. Another registered user came on and gave their opinion. Opinions were exchanged and never got out of hand--simple forum banter, nothing more, nothing less. I saw no problem with this whatsoever. Every automotive forum I've been on goes OT in many posts, this board is no exception.