PDA

View Full Version : I am such a JDM whore...hehe

Gruppe-S
12-04-2005, 08:39 PM
Look what I got after 4 hrs of hard work from 10:30-2:30 last night.

http://www.gruppe-s.com/Promo/hksic1.jpghttp://www.gruppe-s.com/Promo/hksic2.jpg

Today's impression:

There's no pressure drop whatsoever. I am actually boosting faster and harder. At some point, I was over boosting just a little bit and the car feel much stronger; maybe its because I am running a bit leaner with a bigger ic.! However, I should have the car back on the dyno tomorrow so lets wait for the results.

Thanks,
Tom

YankInCali
12-04-2005, 08:57 PM
Nice work Tom, it's looking good! Can't wait to see those dyno numbers!

Matt

Lucky
12-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Very nice Tom :bow:

Looking forward to your #s after tomorrow.

~Lucky

MarkSAE
12-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Looks good! I love the end tanks on the HKS fmic. Did you remove your crash beam?

Gruppe-S
12-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Looks good! I love the end tanks on the HKS fmic. Did you remove your crash beam?

Yup...i figured if i can live with no crash beam on the back then might as well take the front out also. JK....it was too late for me to mod the front crash beam so I left it off. I might do it sometime this week if I find the energy.

Tom

MarkSAE
12-05-2005, 01:20 AM
:shock: You are a brave brave man driving around w/ no crash beams! Don't the JDM cars have crash beams that fit under the bumper cover? Perhaps you guys should import those along w/ the bumper covers and sell them as whole kit. I'm sure they'd sell.

white power
12-06-2005, 03:41 AM
crash beams. . .U.S. only for insurance regulations to drop average repair costs in a 5mph crash. If a certain $dollar$ estimate threshold is exceeded the car cannot be legalized. If you look real close on a non-US VIII the 2 skinny air ducts/meshing under the diamond roll in further than ours due to the lack of beam. So our VIII clips are actually different than JDM for this only. Its not a safety issue at all, just repair cost laws to protect insurance company overhead/profits. If its a 15mph+ crash the core support and other things are toast beam or no beam. I would have kept the beam only if I had to parallel park in the city every day between grandma's and morons. Beam and Hids are almost 40lbs hanging off the front of the car!

V8KiLL3R
12-06-2005, 03:45 AM
Any news on your dyno?

Gruppe-S
12-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Nope...schedule is too busy for my car to get on the dyno. I will post results once I get it tune. :roll:

Tom

KakimotoEVO
12-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Very nice Tom :bow:

Looking forward to your #s after tomorrow.

~Lucky

+1 :)

Mr. R
12-11-2005, 01:49 PM
determination, blood and sweat paid off :thumbsup:

earlyapex
12-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Beam and Hids are almost 40lbs hanging off the front of the car!

Because you go to the track where that would really only show the benefits?

When is the last track event you where at?

Dutchboy
12-11-2005, 04:09 PM
Did it take 4 hours only because you had to do it by yourself, or would it take that long even if you had some extra hands to help?

GokuSSJ4
12-12-2005, 09:35 AM

the beam is there for a reason (besides your 5mph) that you speak off, i have seen evos hit front first, and you will be suprise how well the crash beam did...
also what good its all this weight reduction that you speak off, if you dont track the car.. besides there are other ways of removing weight, then to removed safety equipment.

DRFTR8
12-12-2005, 09:47 AM

the beam is there for a reason (besides your 5mph) that you speak off, i have seen evos hit front first, and you will be suprise how well the crash beam did...
also what good its all this weight reduction that you speak off, if you dont track the car.. besides there are other ways of removing weight, then to removed safety equipment.

heres what he means... and this was going faster than 5mph..but i had to take mine off cuz i have a C-West front bumper
http://a.im.craigslist.org/ht/FF/UUerv4QzJjCbn4op1aDqFEMLeJzI.jpg