PDA

View Full Version : Whos Knocking on your door?

EvoRicer
12-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Hey I need help guyz. Im knocking around 18 psi. I thought it was my boost gauge line (plastic ones). I replaced that with the rubber vacuum lines. I also replaced my Spark plugs with NGK BPR7ES and gapped at .026. But im still knocking...Im gonna replace my stock spark plug wires with RalliArt ones but those wont get here until next week. Anyone know what Else I can try out? It maybe my BOV but I dont have anything to test it or another BOV I can Use. All my couplings are fine. Can the Intercooler leak also? its pretty beat up...I have a new intercooler but im waiting on some couplings to come in. I am gonna be running a 06 STI that one of my buddies from HS picked up a couple days ago and I want to beat it :lol:

nebolic
12-06-2005, 04:30 PM
how do you know you're knocking? are you hearing it? if you are, i'd get it fixed right away, audible knock = almost bye bye EVO. And where are you located in Sac. I'm in Elk Grove area, i can take a look for you.

also what kind of tuning are you running? flash? safc?

nebo

EvoRicer
12-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Im in the Florin area. I am Driving at full throttle and then boom...and I let off the gas right when it happens. I am on a Flash...Works P2. When I went to them I had Knock also. It was because the sparkplug wires I had from Nology Sucked Balls. Swapped back to stock and Problem was fixed. Then a couple months later it came back.

vtluu
12-06-2005, 08:23 PM
Uh, bad sparkplug wires cause misfires (ignition failure), not knock (premature ignition), as far as I know. I've hit boost cut before while experimenting with BCS duty cycles, but that's not knock either (though it definitely can result from knock).

nebolic
12-06-2005, 10:24 PM
Im in the Florin area. I am Driving at full throttle and then boom...and I let off the gas right when it happens. I am on a Flash...Works P2. When I went to them I had Knock also. It was because the sparkplug wires I had from Nology Sucked Balls. Swapped back to stock and Problem was fixed. Then a couple months later it came back.

shoot playa, i'm off florin too, i sent you a PM, hit me up.

nebo