PDA

View Full Version : Very little boost & bad gas milage

randomguy13
12-06-2005, 07:04 PM
My car is still stock and a little while ago the boost just stopped kicking in for a while, then starting kicking in irregularly. Even when it does kick in, it sound more like a leak than anything. Also the milage got shot when this started happening, going from around 20 mpg to around 17 (and this includes lots of highway driving). Even when I took it to the dealership to get it checked out, they said everything was "perfect" (of course it was Steven's Creek Mitsu).
I was just hoping someone could tell me what might be going on so when I go to the dealership to get my oil changed on thursday I could also have them check for specifics.

Thanks guys,

redtydsf
12-06-2005, 09:17 PM
I had a similar problem when i installed my BOV. That's not the case here but you could try all your hoses in that area first, that's where i went wrong

earlyapex
12-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Sounds like a boost leak to me.

Dr. Evo
12-06-2005, 10:31 PM
You could always bring it in, it is under warranty.

nebolic
12-07-2005, 10:11 AM
I'd take it to a different dealer. The dealers at Steven's Creek and Capitol Mitsu are tools. You'd probably have to go a bit north, Concord mitsu is pretty decent or your best bet is to go to San Rafael. Like they said, your car is completly stock and still under warranty, you shouldn't get hassled at all.

nebo

randomguy13
12-07-2005, 06:10 PM
thanks for the replies guys. One more thing: is there any explanation as to why its irregular and not just a constant thing? I'm going in thursday to an independant place near me, because I dont exactly trust Steven's Creek. Thanks for the advice 8)