PDA

View Full Version : Happy Evo VIII Owner

njnetsfan
12-08-2005, 09:30 PM
Hi, I bought a dazzling yellow Evo straight VIII :twisted: in April, 2005 and couldn't be happier with it so far. I live in SF. I'm now considering some basic mods and maybe going to a track or school to really have fun with it. I don't see myself racing competitively, and I'm worried about voiding the warranty. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and also ask advice about some basic modifications costing around $1,200 or less. Any thoughts?
Andy

lancerboy
12-08-2005, 09:48 PM
you can start off with a full TBE with that budget.

anyways, WELCOME tO NCE!

blazenevo
12-08-2005, 09:50 PM
welcome to nce,,,for basic mod....turbo timer,turbo back exhaust,drop in filter,maybe some tuning.....

L84AD8
12-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Welcome to the party pal! 8)

cooliodb
12-09-2005, 05:26 AM
Welcome to NCE!! :D

As the others have mentioned, I'd start with intake and exhaust.

EvoVIII
12-09-2005, 10:15 AM

intake fuks up idling and powerband

lncrevoviii
12-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Welcome to NCE.

intake fuks up idling and powerband

I heard that too, but as long as ur car is tuned for it then it should be good. However, couple of people in here who have 05s and have installed intakes are not complaining about it even without tune.

earlyapex
12-09-2005, 04:14 PM
turboback, MBC or a good reflash, boost gauge and fuel pump will give you great gains for little cash.

Stay away from intake, the stock intake is very well designed and doesn't become a problem until biggie turbos and biggie hp.

Turbo timer is useless bling.

ZK
12-09-2005, 04:16 PM
Welcome! Another fellow SF member.

I'd save that money. Go out and drive the car stock for a while and learn to use it first before adding stuff.

If anything for the 1st mod, I'd definitely do coilovers. It will let your car corner flatter and look nice lowered - the Evo is a very tall car.

njnetsfan
12-12-2005, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the welcome and all the suggestions.
:lol:
Right now, I think I'm going to modify the exhaust from the cat back (i.e., put in high flow cat and new pipes back), buy guages for the boost and oil temp, and put in a new filter. I'm still considering a flash but the idea of this scares me re: warranty, etc. (I know nothing about flashing.) I've talked with WORKS in SF and they claim to have an "invisible" flash that helps performance a lot but doesn't work the car too hard. Any basic thoughts/insight into flashing would be appreciated.

CupertinoRedEvoVIII
12-20-2005, 05:02 PM
welcome to NCE wallet dry out club!! *if you know what i mean* :lol:

wilson1
12-20-2005, 05:24 PM

:lol: Totally true!

V8KiLL3R
12-20-2005, 06:00 PM

:lol: Totally true!

+1

panem
12-20-2005, 06:49 PM
welcome to nce,,,for basic mod....turbo timer,turbo back exhaust,drop in filter,maybe some tuning.....
+1