PDA

View Full Version : Local tire shop that you would trust.

warpspeed
12-14-2005, 07:59 PM
I am looking for a local tire shop that I can trust with to remove and reinstall my tires on my Volks. It seems that when I reach a certain speed, my steering wheel shakes. First I thought it was my alignment but when I put back the stock Enkeis, the steering is fine. I got the tires balance check twice and was okay on both. My last resort is to remove the tires, turn it 180 degrees, remount it and see if that does something. My last, last resort is to chuck these Toyos T1-S and get something else. Unfortunately I bought these tires in the east coast :cry: and would be a bitch to replace them.

vtluu
12-14-2005, 08:02 PM
Same recommendation as for tire mounting; mine would be Auto Innovations in Milpitas, they've always done a great job mounting and balancing my tires.

warpspeed
12-14-2005, 08:07 PM
That's what I was thinking also. I might give them a call to see how much they charge per tire. I live in Fairfield so if anybody knows a closer shop would be appreciated. :)

MarkSAE
12-14-2005, 08:53 PM
Has anyone here used Motorsport Techniques? Everytime I go there for an alignment, I see them mounting tires on some phat bling bling wheels. I would figure they're pretty careful.

Option2
12-14-2005, 09:46 PM
I am looking for a local tire shop that I can trust with to remove and reinstall my tires on my Volks. It seems that when I reach a certain speed, my steering wheel shakes. First I thought it was my alignment but when I put back the stock Enkeis, the steering is fine. I got the tires balance check twice and was okay on both. My last resort is to remove the tires, turn it 180 degrees, remount it and see if that does something. My last, last resort is to chuck these Toyos T1-S and get something else. Unfortunately I bought these tires in the east coast :cry: and would be a bitch to replace them.

That's interesting. I'm running a set of T1-S and have the same problem. I've had my tires balanced 4 times and my alignment is within spec.

mrprotocols
12-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Has anyone here used Motorsport Techniques? Everytime I go there for an alignment, I see them mounting tires on some phat bling bling wheels. I would figure they're pretty careful.

Ye, they did good job my advan and alignment. i would recommend them too...

earlyapex
12-14-2005, 10:15 PM
I've had motorsport techniques mount like 15 sets of tires for me, They also flip my RA1's for me.

Also all my alignments.

Motorsport Techniques for the win.

warpspeed
12-16-2005, 12:42 AM
That's interesting. I'm running a set of T1-S and have the same problem. I've had my tires balanced 4 times and my alignment is within spec.

How many miles do you have on yours? Did it get worst when you rotated the tires? I might try and have the rims check. Meaning, put the Volks on the balancing machine without the tires on and see if they are balanced. Motorsports Technics here I come.

chrisw
12-16-2005, 10:12 AM
I've had motorsport techniques mount like 15 sets of tires for me, They also flip my RA1's for me.

Also all my alignments.

Motorsport Techniques for the win.

+1

They are one of the few that I trust to mount tires on my Buddy club rims... A majority of the autocrossers and track day drivers that I know all use motorsport techniques

warpspeed
12-17-2005, 12:50 AM
I have a feeling that I would have to shave the tires down to have them square. Any local shop around here?

ace33joe
02-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Sorry for bring up this old thread, but "Motorsport Techniques" mentioned here is http://www.e-motorsport.com/ located in Hayward?

I need new tires and wheel alignment.

Also, any deal for Kumho MX's online or locally? Thanks!

earlyapex
02-17-2006, 05:55 PM
Sorry for bring up this old thread, but "Motorsport Techniques" mentioned here is http://www.e-motorsport.com/ located in Hayward?

Yes that is them, looks like they have a website now.

ZK
02-17-2006, 06:03 PM
I got an alignment from Motorsports Techniques after Mark's recommendation. They did a good job + very fast too! He had my car aligned and back on the ground in less than 30 minutes. He only set camber and toe, didn't touch the camber plates - but still very fast.

ace33joe
02-17-2006, 06:09 PM
Thanks for quick replies!

MitsuMan
02-18-2006, 12:46 AM
do you have your hub centric rings on yet? the stockers fit the hub perfectly and any other rim that has a diff hub bore needs rings

Evo8andahalf
06-27-2006, 07:17 PM
bringing this back from the dead, i just got some new tires is motorsports techniques still the place to go to?

EFIxMR
07-13-2006, 12:36 AM
Auto innovations in milpidas is great.

mtsevovii
07-13-2006, 12:40 AM
or wheel works off lawrence/prospect in san jose.