PDA

View Full Version : New intercooler

spoolin
12-14-2005, 11:10 PM
Hey guys, my girlfriend bought me a new intercooler for xmas- yeah i love her- i was wondering if i have to get my car tuned after i put it in? am i gonna be running too lean? I already have an vish xflash, but it was flashed a while back even before i had exhaust n dp... Just wondering if it will be safe to drive.. alright thanks guys lata.

stockEVO8
12-14-2005, 11:13 PM
it should be fine...you should check ure boost you mite have to adjust it higher

Hot8Evo
12-14-2005, 11:14 PM
Hey guys, my girlfriend bought me a new intercooler for xmas- yeah i love her- i was wondering if i have to get my car tuned after i put it in? am i gonna be running too lean? I already have an vish xflash, but it was flashed a while back even before i had exhaust n dp... Just wondering if it will be safe to drive.. alright thanks guys lata.

You guys are lucky! your gf's buy parts for your car but mine? my gf said i can have "ANYTHING" and "PRICELESS" but "NOT " for my car.....

What else do i need beside more parts for my car... "A house maybe"....

EvoRicer
12-14-2005, 11:17 PM
It's christmas already? :? What Intercooler is it and Congratz.

EVO GRIM
12-15-2005, 07:46 AM
When I installed the spearco intercooler, my boost went up. Also proved correct when I took it off boost went down like .2 bars.

USAF_EVO
12-16-2005, 04:44 PM
My wife bought me a Works o2 housing and a AMS LICP. she was going to get me a clutch too.

dohcvtec
12-16-2005, 04:45 PM

You guys are lucky! your gf's buy parts for your car but mine? my gf said i can have "ANYTHING" and "PRICELESS" but "NOT " for my car.....

Exactly what my girl said man....

rodw
12-16-2005, 05:17 PM
a little OT but IC related..

http://www.nisei-evo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25

toasty
12-16-2005, 05:35 PM
knowing all that that wives/girlfriend buy cars stuff for X-mas for you people. I love to have a g/f that would love cars as much as I do. 8)

wrx2evo8
12-16-2005, 05:37 PM

Exactly what my girl said man....

it's because they know we love our cars more than them.. and they definately don't want to pay for something that puts them on the backburner.... women!

Black_EVO
12-16-2005, 07:24 PM
If only mine would think that way. I don't even get lunch money. :tears:

evo_dadi
12-16-2005, 08:31 PM
my evo was a thank you gift from my wife for helping her go thru school and finishing it.

as for the ic upgrade get it retuned to get the most out of it.since most ic's get a little pressure drop.

Matz
12-17-2005, 01:01 AM
my evo was a thank you gift from my wife for helping her go thru school and finishing it

:shock: damn Marcel, you are so lucky! I'm almost as lucky, since my wife said I could get the Evo, but I paid for it myself. I'm just glad I was allowed to get it. :)

evo_dadi
12-17-2005, 01:13 AM
yeah i was planning on getting a wrx before but it fell thru since i wasnt done paying off my old car.but by the time it got payed off the evo was out :twisted:

XVeloX
12-26-2005, 09:16 PM
Well if any of you guys are interested, the intercooler install on spoolin's ride went pretty good, had to mess with some of the piping to get it to all fit right, but we both gave it a drive, no leaks or any problems, pulls harder, quicker throttle response, and looks like there is less boost taper on his boost gauge... pretty good mod, its now on my list of upcoming mods :)