PDA

View Full Version : EVO VI 16G or TME? with antilag

Eclipse
12-15-2005, 05:06 PM
I'm not much of a reposter of eBay ads and it's not mine. But it looks pretty interesting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8021492488&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

earlyapex
12-15-2005, 05:24 PM
unfortunatly the antilag will not work on our cars.

Matz
12-15-2005, 05:29 PM

Isn't antilag generally bad for all engines? I thought it leads to premature engine death...

vtluu
12-15-2005, 05:29 PM
Wouldn't antilag simply require the right adjustment/additions to the engine management? I can't think of any way our cars are fundamentally different in a way that would make antilag "not work".

(Not that I would advise getting rally-style antilag in your street car, unless you want to rebuild your turbo every other month.)

nebolic
12-15-2005, 05:30 PM

Isn't antilag generally bad for all engines? I thought it leads to premature engine death...

i think it leads to premature death for the turbo, not necessarily the engine. Wouldn't make sense if they have it on the WRC cars if they're replacing the engine a lot . . . would cost $$$$$$$

nebo

earlyapex
12-15-2005, 05:38 PM
Wouldn't antilag simply require the right adjustment/additions to the engine management? I can't think of any way our cars are fundamentally different in a way that would make antilag "not work".

I meant it isn't just a bolt on and it works kind of thing, hell it's even turned off on the UK cars, even though all the hardware is there.

chrisw
12-15-2005, 05:40 PM

(Not that I would advise getting rally-style antilag in your street car, unless you want to rebuild your turbo every other month.)

actually, I think our ECU's are capable of handling the anti-lag, the code is locked out for our markets. It may be possible to unlock that feature with some tuning software. I am sure that ECUTek (or other similar products) could do this if you know which bits and bytes to tweak in the ECU ROM...

But you do get what you pay for, anti-lag is very very hard on turbos. I have heard of horror stories of killing turbos in 1500 miles when using judicous quanities of anti-lag while driving... :shock:

As far as engine wear, kill the turbo is almost as good as killing your oil presure.

chrisw
12-15-2005, 05:43 PM
I meant it isn't just a bolt on and it works kind of thing, hell it's even turned off on the UK cars, even though all the hardware is there.

hmm... that unlocks a little more of the mystery. If the UK EVO's have the hardware, then unlocking the ECU may be the only "fix". It would be interesting to compare the UK/JDM/USDM ECU proms to see the differences...

I'll bet that outside the obvious timing, fuel, and wastegate operations that the ECU code is very similar.

Evo mattVI
12-15-2005, 06:52 PM
I have anti lag fitted to my 6 TME it was one of the options I had when I up graded my ECU to Autronic's.

I call it my funny switch banging clattering flames and not to mention the extra power, yes it dose deplete the life of your turbo if used stupidly :wink: .

It can be fitted to any evo as long as the evo has a fully map able ecu.

I would post some vids up but yet again I don't know where I can host them :?

e8
12-16-2005, 06:14 PM
I have anti lag fitted to my 6 TME it was one of the options I had when I up graded my ECU to Autronic's.

I call it my funny switch banging clattering flames and not to mention the extra power, yes it dose deplete the life of your turbo if used stupidly :wink: .

YES HOST VIDEOS!!

/caps

chrisw
12-16-2005, 08:51 PM

send me a PM, I can host them 8)