PDA

View Full Version : Buddyclub coilovers impression

evo_dadi
12-16-2005, 08:57 PM
i just had it installed today and got it aligned right away also and all i can is WOW :shock: my old set up was just the stock struts with the tanabe gf210 which was kinda stiff and really bouncy specially on the freeway.but the stiffness on in the buddyclub is not jarring and it feels so much smoother.for now the dampening is set on 9 on the front and 7 at the back,it has about 15 levels of adjustment so there's more to try out.

now off to the fun run :twisted: going home taking highway 17 is much smoother and stable now not bouncy while turning.in my old set up it seemed to be hoping in some turns which was making it kinda shaky.too bad im not gonna be able to try them tomorrow at the doc wong driving clinic but i might have to do my own scenic drive one of these days :twisted:

dohcvtec
12-16-2005, 09:46 PM
Very nice! What are you going to be driving at the clinic?

Now you need to try them at thunderhill. :twisted:

vtluu
12-16-2005, 10:23 PM
So you'll be able to beat me in my Miata now at auto-x, right? :nana:

evo_dadi
12-16-2005, 10:35 PM
So you'll be able to beat me in my Miata now at auto-x, right? :nana:

man :x :P :brawl:

the doc wong clinic was this weekend but im not gona be able to make it.but im pretty sure ill be hitting up thunderhill again soon :twisted:

wrx2evo8
12-17-2005, 12:07 AM
evo dadi.. your car is an 03 right? i have the same springs on the stock struts.... how did the struts look... worn alot or in pretty good condition.. i'm trying to figure/plan when i'll need coilovers...

evo_dadi
12-17-2005, 12:14 AM
mine was still in good condition and yep i have an 03.i decided to get the coilovers since my current set up was just plain unpredictable since you dont know when youre struts are gonna last and youre performance level starts going downhill.

wrx2evo8
12-17-2005, 12:28 AM
i hear ya.. mine is 03 also so i figured it's probably time to start looking at coilovers.. i've always liked the tein flex with edfc setup... but then again i like the cusco zeroe setup... umm.. is it zero e? i havn't looked for awhile.. humm.. oh well....

warpspeed
12-17-2005, 12:45 AM
You must be working alot of overtime Marcel. Make that Christmas overtime money. :D

evo_dadi
12-17-2005, 12:50 AM
You must be working alot of overtime Marcel. Make that Christmas overtime money. :D

lol nah dont need to,i got T6 pay as a carrier :wink:

evo_dadi
12-17-2005, 01:32 AM
oh yeah i only got 2 gripes about these coilovers:1) no mount for the brake/abs line 2)the dampener adjustment for the front is on the freakin bottom :x but those can be overlooked anyways :twisted:

Unowned
12-17-2005, 01:47 AM
why didn't u get a mueller tune?

dohcvtec
12-17-2005, 02:56 AM
oh yeah i only got 2 gripes about these coilovers:1) no mount for the brake/abs line 2)the dampener adjustment for the front is on the freakin bottom :x but those can be overlooked anyways :twisted:
That means they're inverted, thats a good thing. :lol: :)

evo_dadi
12-17-2005, 03:19 AM

had a really good deal that i couldnt say not to right mike :P :lol:

EVO GRIM
12-17-2005, 08:30 AM
Got any pics? Are you commin down today, I can check em out.

V8KiLL3R
12-17-2005, 09:28 AM
i just had it installed today and got it aligned right away also and all i can is WOW :shock: my old set up was just the stock struts with the tanabe gf210 which was kinda stiff and really bouncy specially on the freeway.but the stiffness on in the buddyclub is not jarring and it feels so much smoother.for now the dampening is set on 9 on the front and 7 at the back,it has about 15 levels of adjustment so there's more to try out.

now off to the fun run :twisted: going home taking highway 17 is much smoother and stable now not bouncy while turning.in my old set up it seemed to be hoping in some turns which was making it kinda shaky.too bad im not gonna be able to try them tomorrow at the doc wong driving clinic but i might have to do my own scenic drive one of these days :twisted:

I know where did you get them installed at........ :twisted:

evo_dadi
12-17-2005, 09:31 AM
dont tell me you were the guy asking questions for directions :?: :lol:

V8KiLL3R
12-17-2005, 09:34 AM
hehehe nope...... called there asking him if he has his ECCUtek cable sent back to him because his old cable is caput

earlyapex
12-17-2005, 11:19 AM
2)the dampener adjustment for the front is on the freakin bottom :x but those can be overlooked anyways :twisted:

Every inverted monotube strut has the dampening adjuster on the bottom.

dohcvtec
12-17-2005, 12:03 PM

bastard...

:)

leif
12-17-2005, 01:15 PM

dont lie its cuz he never called you back..we're not good enough marcel :cry:

evo_dadi
12-17-2005, 06:05 PM

dont lie its cuz he never called you back..we're not good enough marcel :cry:

lol i remember that but i got a call back a couple of days later coming back up north :cry:

joaquin654
12-17-2005, 07:30 PM
hey , how or what did you do with the brake lines ? the buddy clubs don't have a brake line bracket behind the strut .... i really wanted the buddy clubs till i wondered about that .... ?

thankx :D

evo_dadi
12-17-2005, 07:35 PM
tie wrapped it for now but im trying to rig up a mount or something to hook it on so it wont keep on rubbing on the struts.

EVO GRIM
12-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Bailing wire baby. Worked for me.