PDA

View Full Version : Power FC.

Lurk
12-18-2005, 07:25 PM
Is anyone using an APEXi Power FC as their standalone ECU? Anyone have any experience with it? I'm trying to decide on some engine management, and the Power FC looks like a pretty decent tuning tool/engine management.

Matz
12-18-2005, 11:15 PM
usdmct9a is the only one that I found with the Power FC. I don't have any personal experience with the following product (or any tuning, for that matter), but earlyapex uses a piggyback in his Evo called the ECU+. I've downloaded their software and have loaded his log files to check out the software, and it looks pretty kick ass.

Get the cheaper model, and then buy an Evo harness from fasterthanthem.com, and do the soldering yourself. Lemme know if you need help. I believe that the harness wiring is well documented.

Check out the ECU+ (http://www.ecuplus.com) website for more info...

ZK
12-19-2005, 12:37 AM
I ran a Power FC before on my previous car (SR20DET) and it works ok. Pretty powerful engine management. Forget the controller, it is only for monitoring and very hard to tune with. If you want to tune the PFC you need the laptop software and hook up line.

The main thing about it is that it totally replaces your ECU and it does not have any self learning functions. So if your tune is bad or conditions change it will not correct itself by pulling timing etc.

With as many options as the Evo has, I would not use the Power FC unless you are very sure of what you are doing. Other cars have limited engine management options and the Power FC is car specific and a plug and play install which makes it desirable.

jeffreywrc
12-19-2005, 06:59 PM
This EVO owner---DEREK888 is running power FC now, shoot him a pm, maybe he will give you lots of opinions.
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=173497

turboball05
12-22-2005, 06:07 PM
power fc is the shit!! It's not that the standalone sucks its who tunes it. I took mine to xs engineering and they did a superb job on tuning mine. Thanks XS!! bump bump!!

StockEVO
12-22-2005, 11:09 PM
I'll take a Power FC over an EMS anyday! Sorry but I think AEM should rename the EMS to PMS or MSC = Mood Swing Computer.