PDA

View Full Version : Tanable GF210 vs. Warranty?

Evo VIII
12-23-2005, 02:10 PM
Hey guys, as the title says, I am contemplating getting the tanable GF210's to lower my evo, but the only thing that is stopping me is my warranty. In any of your experiences, how has the dealership delt with lowering springs? Are there any laid back dealerships that will not care?

I don't want to void my whole warranty for the sake of lowering my car. :shock:

EvoVIII
12-23-2005, 02:45 PM
they dont care bout lowering springs

Evo VIII
12-23-2005, 03:50 PM
Whoa? I was under the impression that anything other than stock = no warranty for that area of the car.

b0yw0nder
12-23-2005, 04:15 PM
wow, i thought someone was answering their own question.

i don't have direct experience but I am sure that if you have engine problems and you have lowering springs, you won't have a problem.

if you blow a shock or scrape your oil pan off, don't expect to have it fixed on warranty if you have lowering springs

vtluu
12-23-2005, 04:16 PM
:google: magnusson-moss warranty act (http://www.google.com/search?hs=iCG&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=magnusson-moss+warranty+act&btnG=Search)

EvoVIII
12-23-2005, 04:19 PM

i don't have direct experience but I am sure that if you have engine problems and you have lowering springs, you won't have a problem.

if you blow a shock or scrape your oil pan off, don't expect to have it fixed on warranty if you have lowering springs
those stock shocks will hardly ever blow so don't worry about it

evo_dadi
12-23-2005, 06:51 PM

you sure about that doug :wink: ive blown one before but was replaced under warranty.

Evo VIII
12-23-2005, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the input guys. One other thing is that I noticed that the mechanic at the Capitol Mitsubishi is a friend of a friend of my dad's. I guess my dad knows him also because the mechanic recognized my last name. Do you guys think it would do any good to somehow get it in writing from him that my warranty won't be affected from the springs?

EvoVIII
12-23-2005, 11:22 PM

you sure about that doug :wink: ive blown one before but was replaced under warranty.
dude, you are one of the luckest guy on Earth!!

evo_dadi
12-24-2005, 06:48 AM
Thanks for the input guys. One other thing is that I noticed that the mechanic at the Capitol Mitsubishi is a friend of a friend of my dad's. I guess my dad knows him also because the mechanic recognized my last name. Do you guys think it would do any good to somehow get it in writing from him that my warranty won't be affected from the springs?

honestly he's not gonna give you anything like that.and dont be too paranoid about your warranty :wink: their not gonna void your warranty on the spot just because they see you changed your springs and they cant void your warranty.

Evo VIII
12-24-2005, 11:16 AM

honestly he's not gonna give you anything like that.and dont be too paranoid about your warranty :wink: their not gonna void your warranty on the spot just because they see you changed your springs and they cant void your warranty.

It was worth a try. :lol: By the way, I know this is off topic, but do you also know how to blackout headlights? I know you do taillights because I've seen pictures of your work and they are :thumbsup: . Shoot me a PM if you do headlights, and we can arrange something in the near future.