PDA

View Full Version : Which upper I/C pipes will work with the ARC intake box?

Lurk
12-28-2005, 03:36 AM
I heard several types of upper I/C hardpipes do NOT fit with the ARC Induction Box. I really like that intake, but I want to make sure I can upgrade my upper I/C piping as well if I get it. Anyone know the answer?

genrec
12-28-2005, 08:21 AM
Your better off upgrading to new IC piping that works with your STOCK airbox.

my 2 cents

dohcvtec
12-28-2005, 11:03 AM
Ya, stock airbox for the win.

nebolic
12-28-2005, 04:20 PM
Your better off upgrading to new IC piping that works with your STOCK airbox.

my 2 cents

Even if I get a reflash later on for the intake? I read reports that the ARC makes 11-13whp on UNTUNED cars. I dont think stock can do that with just a drop in filter. I plan on keeping the stock turbo for a while, and want to squeeze out as much HP as possible.

where did you read that? That's a lot of ponies for an intake.

nebo

Lurk
12-29-2005, 01:46 AM
I saw a dyno graph posted of a stock baseline and another run with an ARC induction box installed (untuned). It made 11whp over stock. I'll try and find the thread with the posted graph.

Lurk
12-29-2005, 01:53 AM
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=167877

Look at the top dyno graph. Stock V.S ARC induction box. 220whp ----->231whp

EvoVIII
12-29-2005, 02:00 AM
I have a feeling that Dyno graph is BS..

EFIxMR
12-29-2005, 03:19 AM
if you want i can custom fab you an intake pipe out of aluminum

MarkSAE
12-29-2005, 08:57 AM
Most gains people see from installing intakes UNTUNED is due to the change in AF ratio. Aftermarket intakes generally make cars run leaner, and sometimes dangerously too lean in certain parts of the powerband. Once you set the AFs back to what they were before, the gains are minimal. Stock is best since it's already a cold-air setup.

If you want bang for the buck, go for an upgraded lower IC pipe and exhaust mods.

EFIxMR
12-30-2005, 05:48 PM
i can do the ic pipes as well. right now i still need to move all of my equipment to the new shop.

what time frame are you looking at?

Lurk
12-31-2005, 04:17 AM
Not in a rush. Maybe within the next month or so. I'm still in the process of researching parts. :)

Matz
12-31-2005, 09:47 AM
If you want bang for the buck, go for an upgraded lower IC pipe and exhaust mods.

You just made me think about the Nisei Engineering IC pipes. I have to do a search, but I can't remember if their pipes will work with stock hardware, or require other mods in the engine bay. Didn't Tam upgrade to their lower IC pipes? I just saw his car a couple of months ago and have already forgotten. :?

Jakeg97
01-06-2006, 04:04 AM
You just made me think about the Nisei Engineering IC pipes. I have to do a search, but I can't remember if their pipes will work with stock hardware, or require other mods in the engine bay. Didn't Tam upgrade to their lower IC pipes? I just saw his car a couple of months ago and have already forgotten. :?

nisei's ic pipe kit does work with stock parts. intercooler, airbox , etc...

Matz
01-06-2006, 06:28 AM

...except the stock battery. I'll probably do the IC piping at a later date... for now, I'll try to get my battery relocated to the trunk.

Jakeg97
01-06-2006, 02:07 PM

...except the stock battery. I'll probably do the IC piping at a later date... for now, I'll try to get my battery relocated to the trunk.

good call
i failed to mention the obvious

but nisei 's kit does come with a replacement nut for one on the stock airbox. this allows the upper ic pipe to have no problem with fitment.

the arc box could have a small issue with rubbing or touching the upper nisei pipe, because of that mod you have to do with the stock airbox

vtluu
01-06-2006, 05:03 PM
As has already been said, you need to use a small battery kit (e.g. Nisei's) or relocate the battery elsewhere. Otherwise it will work all the other stock pieces. It comes with a bracket to relocate the boost control solenoid forward a few inches, and also a screw to replace one of the nuts/bolts on the MAF, to make room for the upper intercooler pipe.

Kevin@NiseiEngineering
01-25-2006, 07:32 PM
I was a little under the weather today so, I had some time to check out some of the threads. I came across this one and so I put a little something together about whether our pipe kit works with the ARC Air Box.

http://niseiengineering.com/images/ARC003.jpg

This pipe kit was done for one of the locals, so yes it's a custom color. Anodized blue.

Now for more info about this particular install:

http://nisei-evo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=102#102

Note: On this one, we ended up using our Relocation Kit to the trunk. If you want to check it out, it can be viewed on the link above.

Sorry guys I haven't been as active on the threads. We have been really trying to get the turbo UPGRADE developed and completed! :wink:

Thanks!