PDA

View Full Version : If you see "ads" and Spammers Please PM Nebo or Ja

nebolic
01-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Hi guys,

If you see a post for sex ads or spammers on the site, please let Jan and I know. I'm trying to keep the site PG-13.

thanks

Nebo

Eclipse
01-07-2006, 07:14 PM
Do you have Visual confirmation set up when registering? It cuts down the bots and spammers. You can do a moderator approval for registering, it's not fun but it only takes a few minutes a week on a small forum like this. On a board I moderate we had to block all addys from .ru Just too many hackers and spammers. We lost a chunk of db to them them and it's really become a pet peeve of mine. :evil:

I'd look at new member SumkinKot. And I thought I saw a few others recently.

EDIT: look at the last 15 members to join, a dozen are spammers.

JanSolo
01-07-2006, 08:39 PM
What a way to spend 45 mins. I deleted about 200 spammer accounts tonight. This will probably be a never ending task.

Black_EVO
01-08-2006, 01:25 AM
Yeh, I was looking at the member list and there were about 15 or 20 that were sure fire spamers.

This forum is a lot bigger than CCMW. I remember when it was pretty small. It has grown alot in the last 3 years.

Eclipse
01-08-2006, 08:58 AM
What a way to spend 45 mins. I deleted about 200 spammer accounts tonight. This will probably be a never ending task.

Once you get caught up it's not that hard. You just look at the memberlist of who joined since the last time you logged on, takes less than a minute usually.

Those accounts aren't high risk as they're just hoping someone will look at their profile. They're not posting all over.

JanSolo
01-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Those accounts aren't high risk as they're just hoping someone will look at their profile. They're not posting all over.

Yep, they are not posting at all, but it is the concept of purity that drove me to purge the spammer accounts.

Eclipse
01-08-2006, 12:07 PM
Exactly! :lol:

ZK
01-18-2006, 05:36 PM
A "websitepussy" user just registered...

nebolic
01-18-2006, 05:47 PM
A "websitepussy" user just registered...

the pussy has been dealt with. :D

nebo