PDA

View Full Version : Hallman Boost Controller troubleshooting

spoolin
01-08-2006, 08:49 PM
I installed the Hallman MBC prokit the other day. I took it out for some road testing to set the boost. I started off by leaving in the lighter spring. Even on the tightest setting. My car would only boost to 19 PSI. So i then put in the "heavier" spring that came with the kit. On the loosest setting, i was boosting around 24 psi. However my desired boost level is 21psi. Should i put the lighter spring back in, in hopes that the spring will "break in" and get to 21psi? Or should i leave in the heavier one?????? Any input is cool.. thanks..

EvoRicer
01-08-2006, 09:19 PM
When I first got my Hallman Pro I put the heavy spring in. Even with the heavy spring I can crank my boost up above 20 and I can crank it down to about 10 psi...

spoolin
01-09-2006, 08:00 PM
wow...... i feel like an idiot. I fixed the problem. It was totally my fault. When i installed the heavier spring- i guess i installed it upside down somehow???? :? So i flipped the spring over, reinstalled it, and now the damn thing works fine. It makes absolutley no sense whatsover. At least it works now. Sorry for the pointless post.

dohcvtec
01-10-2006, 10:32 AM
Not totally pointless thread. Someone else could easily make the same mistake, now there is a written solution. :)