PDA

View Full Version : Car issues

roevo
01-11-2006, 10:41 AM
I need some help, I have an 03 Evo with slight mods HKS intake, HKS BOV, down pipe, test pipe, and exhaust. I am having a problem at high RPM's my car is making a POP nosie and it feels like a missfire. I have changed the plugs and it is better but still there. It only dose it under a load after about 5500 RPM's. Please let me know if anyone has had this and or how to fix it.

THanks

Roe

JanSolo
01-11-2006, 11:01 AM
First step is to remove the HKS intake and BOV.

dohcvtec
01-11-2006, 11:02 AM
+1

roevo
01-11-2006, 09:31 PM
+1

I did that today and still doing the same thing any other ideas.

Roe

lqdchkn
01-11-2006, 09:39 PM
+1

I did that today and still doing the same thing any other ideas.

Roe

Did you reset the ECU after you did this? If not it will take the ECU a while to learn there are changes.

SJCoruja
01-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Are you using the stock ignition wires or aftermarket? What plugs did you put in, and are they gapped correctly? Have you been tuned for the mods you do have?

roevo
01-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Are you using the stock ignition wires or aftermarket? What plugs did you put in, and are they gapped correctly? Have you been tuned for the mods you do have?

yes i do still have the stock wires, and i installed NGK iridium's and i gapped them at .27. Other them the listed mods the car is totally stock.

dohcvtec
01-12-2006, 11:47 AM

yes i do still have the stock wires, and i installed NGK iridium's and i gapped them at .27. Other them the listed mods the car is totally stock.
Wait, you gapped your iridiums?? That is not good, you're not supposed to touch them. The electrode on iridiums are very fragile. Maybe you broke an electrode off by gapping them.

roevo
01-12-2006, 12:04 PM

Wait, you gapped your iridiums?? That is not good, you're not supposed to touch them. The electrode on iridiums are very fragile. Maybe you broke an electrode off by gapping them.

the electrode is still on the plug. that was one thing i did check as well

what sould they be at?

Roe

dohcvtec
01-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Iridiums come pre-gapped. I would NEVER attempt to regap them myself.