PDA

View Full Version : P0300 ?

nebolic
01-12-2006, 05:55 PM
I think I got the P0300 (random misfire) again. I haven't pulled the code but my Evo bucked a bit last night when i was driving on the Freeway and the SES light came on. I brought it in before for P0300 and got the revised mitsu flash... anyone else have the problem re-occur after they got the mitsu flash? Also, if i'm too lazy to go to the dealer again, can i just reset the damn thing?

nebo

Dr. Evo
01-12-2006, 06:40 PM
The reflash covers a "ghost" code. If the car actually bucked (or misfired) the reflash would have nothing ot do with it.

lqdchkn
01-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Last time mine did that it was P294 overboost. If you have a memory boost gauge check that.

EvoRicer
01-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Hey you can reset the ECU by just pulling the Negative terminal from the Battery for a few minutes and it will be gone. It resets everything though. Are you running a Turboback without a cat?

egui42
01-12-2006, 07:56 PM
I would check the code before clearing it. My .02 cents. :lol:

Evo442
01-12-2006, 07:57 PM
I think I got the P0300 (random misfire) again. I haven't pulled the code but my Evo bucked a bit last night when i was driving on the Freeway and the SES light came on. I brought it in before for P0300 and got the revised mitsu flash... anyone else have the problem re-occur after they got the mitsu flash? Also, if i'm too lazy to go to the dealer again, can i just reset the damn thing?

nebo

My ses light goes on and off all the time. I dont worry about it much if the car feels like its running fine.

chrisw
01-12-2006, 08:02 PM
oh yeah.. it still happens to me as well. It happens the most in this moist weather right before it rains. For me it seems like it has to be the right combination of weather and <snaps the fingers> p0300 :roll:

funny part is, after the ECU determines this bogus event, it seems to run better until the ECU attempts to do what ever it does to recreate the problem. Before you start flaming away, keep in mind that I have measured a distinct and measurable increase in gas millage after a p0300 event. :?:

LEVIII
01-12-2006, 08:07 PM
I have a code reader if you ever get up to my area nebo

nebolic
01-12-2006, 10:13 PM
yeah i'm going to need someones code reader. my car ran like shit tonight. It was okay until i started cruising around 85to90mph on the freeway, the shit bucked and when i gased it again the whole car start shaking and my boost wouldn't go up. i had to let go off the gas and re gas to get it back up to boost.

I just didn't want to take it to the dealer and have them reflash cause last time they did that, they over rode the P2 flash in the car and i had to drive like a bitch for 2 weeks before i could take it to WORKS to get it flashed again.

Dam it, just damn it.

nebo

nebolic
01-12-2006, 10:17 PM
oh yeah.. it still happens to me as well. It happens the most in this moist weather right before it rains. For me it seems like it has to be the right combination of weather and <snaps the fingers> p0300 :roll:

funny part is, after the ECU determines this bogus event, it seems to run better until the ECU attempts to do what ever it does to recreate the problem. Before you start flaming away, keep in mind that I have measured a distinct and measurable increase in gas millage after a p0300 event. :?:

the gas thing i am verifying right now, usually i get around 240miles before my empty light goes on, i've just hit 180miles and my gas gauge is a little higher than the halfway mark, at this rate i think i can hit 300 miles before it hits empty light.

nebo

LEVIII
01-13-2006, 09:17 AM
the gas thing i am verifying right now, usually i get around 240miles before my empty light goes on,

nebo

Holy shit I need to get my car tuned

nebolic
01-13-2006, 10:04 AM
the gas thing i am verifying right now, usually i get around 240miles before my empty light goes on,

nebo

Holy shit I need to get my car tuned

hahah just get the P0300 check and you're gas mileage will sky rocket :D

nebo

Evo442
01-13-2006, 10:07 AM
yeah i'm going to need someones code reader. my car ran like shit tonight. It was okay until i started cruising around 85to90mph on the freeway, the shit bucked and when i gased it again the whole car start shaking and my boost wouldn't go up. i had to let go off the gas and re gas to get it back up to boost.

I just didn't want to take it to the dealer and have them reflash cause last time they did that, they over rode the P2 flash in the car and i had to drive like a bitch for 2 weeks before i could take it to WORKS to get it flashed again.

Dam it, just damn it.

nebo

Hey Nebo - I'm in the Greenhaven/Pocket area and have an OBDII reader if ya want some help reading your error code.

Out of curiosity, when is the last time you've changed your spark plugs? I was having some sputtering/bucking issues with full throttle which Pete (Works) thought was a problem with my plugs. Changed 'em and voila... problem solved...

nebolic
01-13-2006, 10:52 AM

Dam it, just damn it.

nebo

Hey Nebo - I'm in the Greenhaven/Pocket area and have an OBDII reader if ya want some help reading your error code.

Out of curiosity, when is the last time you've changed your spark plugs? I was having some sputtering/bucking issues with full throttle which Pete (Works) thought was a problem with my plugs. Changed 'em and voila... problem solved...

fo shizzle, i'm near you, i'm in the florin area, we'll hook up this weekend. I haven't changed my plugs for days, I'm at 40K miles and it's the factory plugs. Maybe i should change them.

nebo

shoot me a PM for your digits and we'll hook it up...