PDA

View Full Version : Intake temp sensor placement?

EVO GRIM
01-12-2006, 10:15 PM
I picked up a $65 intake temp gauge (with a gift cert) and want to know where everybody thinks I should put this bad boy. I was planning at the beggining to put one before and after the intercooler but not sure. Whacha think?

lqdchkn
01-12-2006, 10:31 PM
I'd say as close to the stock location as possible. ( Not sure where that is though) Because that's the reading the ECU will be using.

Matz
01-12-2006, 11:00 PM
I picked up a $65 intake temp gauge (with a gift cert) and want to know where everybody thinks I should put this bad boy. I was planning at the beggining to put one before and after the intercooler but not sure. Whacha think?

Ahhh trying to figure out how to fill up all of those holes in your gauge panel, eh? You are going to have to hire someone to ride with you to tell you when a reading goes out of spec. :P

EVO GRIM
01-13-2006, 08:03 AM
Haha Thats what the camera is for. I also had a thought of putting it after the allky injection to monitor the change in the change in temp there

Matz
01-13-2006, 08:08 AM
Haha Thats what the camera is for. I also had a thought of putting it after the allky injection to monitor the change in the change in temp there

:)

Seems that you only need the temp sensor after the alcohol injection, but then again, it's a cool idea to have it before and after to quantify the actual improvement in cooling.

EVO GRIM
01-13-2006, 08:30 AM
I thought maybe one before the intercooler and one after the intercooler and alky.

Matz
01-13-2006, 08:49 AM
I thought maybe one before the intercooler and one after the intercooler and alky.

I was thinking after IC and after alky. I don't know if it's important to know the temp. before the IC, unless you're worried about knowing whether or not your IC fails. But regardless, you'll probably know something is wrong because the temp after the alky won't look right.

ez76
01-13-2006, 03:21 PM

I think that's a great idea. I have a gauge that tracks intercooler inlet/outlet/temp delta and this is my favorite gauge.