PDA

View Full Version : SF Bay Area dyno testing results (not complete yet)

KevOVIII
01-13-2006, 02:35 AM
I would repost everything but I don't think there is an attachment feature on here. :(

Enjoy:
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=178837

I'll be added the Forge wastegate actuator with red spring soon. Hopefully that will keep boost from tapering like it is now... it won't get rid of taper but will hold it higher that what it's doing now.

MarkSAE
01-13-2006, 09:43 AM
Nice #s!

So the Innovate wideband can log knock too? Did you just tap a wire at the ECU and use it as an auxilary input?

earlyapex
01-13-2006, 11:10 AM
wtf 305/309 with alky ?

Then when you adjusted over dynoflash tuning you banged out 313/325.

Now we're talking.

Why are you air intake temps so high on the dyno? (120F??) Mine haven't gone above 85F on that dyno these last couple months.

rodw
01-13-2006, 11:18 AM
Wasted both my time and my friend's time from work yesterday going to Gruppe-S for a baseline run! :x They were tuning a wrx on the dyno before our appt and ran over into our scheduled time slot.

You would think as a business, honoring a scheduled appt would be a priority.

Sorry for the rant... right now we are VERY unhappy with Gruppe-S. :(

wilson1
01-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Wasted both my time and my friend's time from work yesterday going to Gruppe-S for a baseline run! :x They were tuning a wrx on the dyno before our appt and ran over into our scheduled time slot.

How long were you waiting?

rodw
01-13-2006, 11:43 AM
appt was at 12 noon, got there ~1145am and just waited since there was a wrx on the dyno.

We had to ask what was going on since we kept hearing the wrx doing run after run and it was already 12. WTF!

Their explanation was Mike having problems tuning the wrx and he doesn't know when it'll be done. :?:

At that point, we already knew it'll be a while b4 he'll be done and since we had to get back to work. We left at ~1220pm.

Lurk
01-13-2006, 11:53 AM
Think about it this way, if that was your car that was having problems, wouldn't you want them to iron out all the issues before returning your car to you?

Sounds like someone doesn't have any patience. :?

GST
01-13-2006, 12:06 PM
appt was at 12 noon, got there ~1145am and just waited since there was a wrx on the dyno.

We had to ask what was going on since we kept hearing the wrx doing run after run and it was already 12. WTF!

Their explanation was Mike having problems tuning the wrx and he doesn't know when it'll be done. :?:

At that point, we already knew it'll be a while b4 he'll be done and since we had to get back to work. We left at ~1220pm.

My apologies for keeping you waiting, I finally finished the WRX I was working on at 12:30 (I started it at 9:45am) due to many issues with the car and parts on it it took a little time to figure out and fix. I didn't want to have the car left half done and running as dangerously as it was when it came in so made the judgement call that it was more important to finish up the car on the dyno that had issues than baseline a couple of cars.

If you would like to reschedule I would be happy to dyno you and your friends cars for free.

Mike

EvoVIII
01-13-2006, 12:10 PM
If you would like to reschedule I would be happy to dyno you and your friends cars for free.

Mike
Thats the way of doing real business +1 to Gruppe-S

GST
01-13-2006, 01:11 PM
I would repost everything but I don't think there is an attachment feature on here. :(

Enjoy:

I'll be added the Forge wastegate actuator with red spring soon. Hopefully that will keep boost from tapering like it is now... it won't get rid of taper but will hold it higher that what it's doing now.

Congrats on the numbers and the car Kevin, the link you posted does not seem to work for me. Is it wrong or something?

Mike

earlyapex
01-13-2006, 02:23 PM

Enjoy:

Congrats on the numbers and the car Kevin, the link you posted does not seem to work for me. Is it wrong or something?

Mike

I got it locked and deleted because I can't keep my mouth shut when it comes to Al. :oops:

MarkSAE
01-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Damn, why do threads involving Al always get deleted whenever something negative about him gets mentioned? He must be paying some good money to EvoM.

EVO GRIM
01-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Censorship is a bitch. That makes me never want to have anything to do with Al. Little bitch. Sounds like the way big money controls this country.

earlyapex
01-13-2006, 04:18 PM
found the thread, it wasn't deleted, just moved and locked:

Gruppe-S
01-13-2006, 05:39 PM
found the thread, it wasn't deleted, just moved and locked:

Haha, still doesn't work.

Tom

earlyapex
01-13-2006, 05:43 PM
They keep moving the damn thing

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=178902

KevOVIII
01-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Nice #s!

So the Innovate wideband can log knock too? Did you just tap a wire at the ECU and use it as an auxilary input?

Numbers weren't impressive. After going on Shiv's dyno and thinking things over, the car will definitely need a retune soon.

Shiv and I actually felt the car knock on one of the runs at 23 psi (Al's tune). Also, Al forgot to set the rev limiter so Shiv had to pull off when the car hit 8300 because he thought there was a rev limiter.

Yes, I tapped the knock voltage wire and ran it to the Innovate RPM converter.

wtf 305/309 with alky ?

Then when you adjusted over dynoflash tuning you banged out 313/325.

Now we're talking.

Why are you air intake temps so high on the dyno? (120F??) Mine haven't gone above 85F on that dyno these last couple months.

305/309... yes. :D

The intake temp is from the MAF (pre-turbo and IC). I don't have a sensor at the TB.

Mike

Thanks Mike, but the number aren't really something to harp about. Seems sort of low even on your dyno. lol

One of the mods locked then moved the thread. It looks like he cleaned it up and moved it back.

Yesterday, Dave PM'ed me asking where the thread went. I told him the mod's name and that he locked and moved the thread. I don't know if it was DB who got the thread back or another reason because it sounded like the mod didn't want to bring it back (cleaned up) when I PM'ed him. He didn't mind me reposting all the info but I didn't have time.

KevOVIII
01-14-2006, 12:11 PM
I'll post up the graphs and logs from Shiv's runs soon.

Matz
01-14-2006, 12:18 PM

I know it's frustrating, but things happen. For example, I had a 1PM appt. at StreetWerke, and I called to ask if they were on time. They told me that they had a cancellation, so come in around 11AM. My car didn't get on the dyno until 1PM because they were having issues with the previous car (a Porsche Cayenne Turbo with GIAC reflash -- holy torque curve -- will post up on my thread later). So yes, it sucks, but at times you have to expect it to happen. However, if this is a perpetual thing, then I would be upset. If the next one or two dyno sessions at SW end up like this, then I will probably have to rethink things, or make sure I take the rest of the day off.

earlyapex
01-14-2006, 03:26 PM
(a Porsche Cayenne Turbo with GIAC reflash -- holy torque curve -- will post up on my thread later).

What did that car do on the dyno?

Stock Cayenne Turbos are SOOO much slower than I thought they would be. I have absolutley slaughtered a couple I have ran into. I guess that's what 5000lbs does. :oops:

Steiner
01-16-2006, 01:32 AM
I wonder if Mike's WRX customer started a thread on NASIOC about how great Gruppe-S is for taking extra time to tune his car. :lol:

Gruppe-S
01-18-2006, 01:31 PM
I wonder if Mike's WRX customer started a thread on NASIOC about how great Gruppe-S is for taking extra time to tune his car. :lol:

Haha...prob not since good things are never mentioned.

Tom

earlyapex
01-26-2006, 06:16 PM
So did this Dyno testing die off or what?

KevOVIII
01-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Don't know.