PDA

View Full Version : White Rabbit installed - Kudos Works!

Evo442
01-15-2006, 09:16 AM
At long last, my WR is in and running correctly. Thanks again to Zeus for setting up the awesome group buy, and kudos to Works for getting it working correctly!

Has not been a cheap endeavor however. Whatever pennies I saved on the group buy have long since dissappeared - spent on upgrades/replacements etc, etc. Works 02 housing, 76mm dp, samco hoses (hose split), Works DV, etc, etc...

Can't say enough about Works' efforts and service. Culminated by a 2 day install marathon at Works (adding other stuff and diagnosing a boost leak) with Pete himself turning wrenches till 12am.

And, I might add that the WR is a beast. Not the best HP/$ value out there, but IMHO, a fantastic upgrade to my 03 evo, perfect for my application. This car is my daily driver that sees a good amount of track time. WR spools earlier than my stock turbo and adds power everywhere! Hits full boost FAST and hauls a$$ all the way to my 8k rpm redline. Gas mileage has plummetted!!! No dyno graphs yet, but will get it done eventually.

Thanks again Zeus, Forced Performance, and especially Works!

Matz
01-15-2006, 10:22 AM
That's great to hear! I'm glad that your WR is running well, now. WORKS has certainly been busy on your car and KawRider's. No wonder no one there is returning my emails. :lol:

Dr. Evo
01-15-2006, 10:42 AM
Gas milage will plummet when your foot is on the floor CONSTANTLY :D

evo_dadi
01-15-2006, 11:02 AM
alright david loving the WR huh :twisted:

wilson1
01-15-2006, 11:50 AM
congrats!!!!!!!!!! 8)

wilson1
01-15-2006, 12:30 PM
Hey Dave,

Was the car dynotune , roadtune , or just the flash?
can you post up before and after dynoplots after it's done?

L84AD8
01-15-2006, 01:28 PM
Excellent! Now go and put your name on the EIP dyno day list... It is your destiny! :lol: 8)

Evo442
01-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Hey Dave,

Semi-custom tune? We road tuned it to get the boost correct, did not datalog etc. Will probably get some custom tuning done at the track.

leif
01-15-2006, 04:14 PM
if you're going to spend all that money on turbos and what not, you should at least get a custom dyno tune...tell works to meet you at full function and get everything finalized.

SouthernCrane
01-15-2006, 05:28 PM
Glad to hear that you got everything working David. I would've met up with you up at WORKS if you let me know :D Can't wait to see what it feels like now, because even before it felt pretty good to me 8)

Has not been a cheap endeavor however. Whatever pennies I saved on the group buy have long since dissappeared - spent on upgrades/replacements etc, etc. Works 02 housing, 76mm dp, samco hoses (hose split), Works DV, etc, etc...

I reaped the benefits too 8) Thanks again for being a great cuz and sending your old DP my way :wave:

hagakure
01-15-2006, 08:01 PM
Hey Dave,

Semi-custom tune? We road tuned it to get the boost correct, did not datalog etc. Will probably get some custom tuning done at the track.

I don't think I even want to remotely know what all this cost at that monster 90.00 per hour labor rate....I'm glad you are happy though David. Just one more Evo to blow past my weak assed car on the straights.... :cry:

Percy

leif
01-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Hey Dave,

I don't think I even want to remotely know what all this cost at that monster 90.00 per hour labor rate....I'm glad you are happy though David. Just one more Evo to blow past my weak assed car on the straights.... :cry:

Percy

dude percy the only different between your car and my car is the tune... just take care of that and you'll be fine.

egui42
01-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Congratulations man. :wink:

hagakure
01-16-2006, 08:59 AM
Hey Dave,

Percy

dude percy the only different between your car and my car is the tune... just take care of that and you'll be fine.

I'm working on it...just trying to decide which route to go at this time.

P

Evo442
01-16-2006, 11:43 PM
Thanks everyone. Cant wait to get this thing back on the track and see how she runs!

Percy - just my 2cents, but you've paid for the P2 flash already - why not spend a little more on a Works custom tune? Although Pete has a reputation for being conservative, he can tune you as close to the ragged edge as you care to venture. My guess is that your car may benefit from a custom tune a bit more than the average 03 evo.

Let me know if you want to check out the bunny!

-david

earlyapex
01-17-2006, 12:25 AM

and the 280/280 cams, and the 10.5 hotside...

Hahah, forgot about those?

Stormtrooper
01-18-2006, 08:52 AM
hey david,

nice to hear that you're enjoying the WR. I suspect that we have very similar setups right now. Are you running their O2 housing? I will add the water injection as soon as its ready (water only for cooling only).

-Jeff

Gruppe-S
01-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Hey Jeff,

I have a kit here that you might be interested in. It comes with a fail safe system and I can get you a good deal on it. Please give me a call for more info.

Thanks,
Tom

Evo442
01-18-2006, 07:51 PM
hey david,

nice to hear that you're enjoying the WR. I suspect that we have very similar setups right now. Are you running their O2 housing? I will add the water injection as soon as its ready (water only for cooling only).

-Jeff

Hey Jeff - yeah, I had their 02 housing put on at the same time as the WR. Beautiful piece, but not cheap! Seemed to make sense to do it all at the same time. I'm tuned for 94 ish octane right now, really like how Pete has the car running. Pulls hard to redline! Think that I'll invest in some dyno-tuning with AFR's etc, to be safe. I'm also temped to get something like ECU+, wouldn't mind it just for its datalogging capabilities, but I'd like to start fiddling around with a race gas map, and use my works tune as a baseline to work from...

hmmm...

Stormtrooper
01-18-2006, 10:16 PM
Hey David,

I don't know if you remember, but you were one of the reasons I ended up getting an evo in the first place. Your relatives I guess are my neighbors, and you were nice enough to give me a test drive =D

Yeah, I'm actually planning the exact same thing right now. I'm going to use the P2 as the base map (so I don't have to fiddle with boost or get a boost controller) and just add a ECU+ or MAFRPRO for extra tunability and monitoring.

Hey Tom, that WI solution sounds great. I can't wait to see it in person. The only thing is if I pick up a tuning solution and wideband right now, I don't know if I can go for a WI kit and intercooler piping all at the same time money wise. It looks like I'll be starting my first mortgage in 3 weeks too =*(

Car parts vs engagement ring vs mortgage......

-Jeff

wilson1
01-18-2006, 11:42 PM

-Jeff

Which one do you like the most? :lol:

Stormtrooper
01-19-2006, 12:18 AM
what do you think Wilson? :lol:

There's what I should be saying and what I want to say

wilson1
01-19-2006, 12:28 AM

I know i know, it's the mortgage, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Evo442
01-19-2006, 04:22 AM
Hey David,

I don't know if you remember, but you were one of the reasons I ended up getting an evo in the first place. Your relatives I guess are my neighbors, and you were nice enough to give me a test drive =D

Yeah, I'm actually planning the exact same thing right now. I'm going to use the P2 as the base map (so I don't have to fiddle with boost or get a boost controller) and just add a ECU+ or MAFRPRO for extra tunability and monitoring.

Hey Tom, that WI solution sounds great. I can't wait to see it in person. The only thing is if I pick up a tuning solution and wideband right now, I don't know if I can go for a WI kit and intercooler piping all at the same time money wise. It looks like I'll be starting my first mortgage in 3 weeks too =*(

-Jeff

Hey Jeff - yes, I remember you, glad you are enjoying your ride!

As far as car parts vs ring vs mortgage; CAR PARTS, CAR PARTS, CAR PARTS! Once you get tied up with the latter two items, I think that you'll find that your Evo budget may decrease significantly! I did my best to buy all the toys that I could before I got married! :twisted:

hagakure
01-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Thanks everyone. Cant wait to get this thing back on the track and see how she runs!

Percy - just my 2cents, but you've paid for the P2 flash already - why not spend a little more on a Works custom tune? Although Pete has a reputation for being conservative, he can tune you as close to the ragged edge as you care to venture. My guess is that your car may benefit from a custom tune a bit more than the average 03 evo.

Let me know if you want to check out the bunny!

-david

I'm cringing to think what a WORKS custom tune would cost me.I've got another tuner, a reputable one that is a sponsor on this board, that has offered to dynotune my car wwith another software for 200.00...that I cannot pass up. Yeah man, PM me your phone number again, I'd like to check out the WR. Why don't you come out to the T-hill school with me Feb 4 and run int he C (no instructor group?P

Percy

redvolution
01-19-2006, 10:14 AM

Just a brief completely off-topic excursion: get a synthetic diamond. 2 major advantages:
1) save $$$
2) avoid contributing to one of the most evil corporations of all time, deBeers

Good synthetics cannot be distinguished from "real" diamonds by the naked eye. As for where to get good synthetics, I'm about to start on that quest...

wilson1
01-19-2006, 10:47 AM
Let do a Diamond groupbuy! :D